Tips For New Nations

Build and expand your nation through trade, diplomacy, and superior firepower.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cyber Nations Moderators

Tips For New Nations

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:29 am

Kon
1) For nations under one week old, keep your tax rate at 20%. It is the best for brand new nations, since setting taxes too high result in a happiness lost that small nations cannot afford. When you are older, keep your tax rate at 28% at all times.

2) Set your team color to blue. You get a bonus for trading with people on the same team, and most alliances are dedicated to one color. Blue Team is one of the largest and best organized, and we also have a lot of blue imagery, so that's where we're going to be.

3) If you stay in Peace Mode for more than 3 days, your nation's economy will suffer. Stay in War Mode. Higher DEFCON levels are also bad for your nation. Stay in DEFCON 5 at all times. If you are attacked for whatever reason, switch to DEFCON 1. That, however, should be easily avoidable if you have an Alliance Affiliation other than "None."

4) Put "Shattered Star Exiles" as your Alliance Affiliation. Make sure to put "Protected by Nueva Vida" somewhere in your nation bio, as many raiders do not read the forums.

5) Focus on infrastructure. Technology is useless when you are very small. You may need to buy a little bit of land and soldiers if you get red warning text about population density or lack of military. Do not buy tanks or cruise missiles.

6) See here for important info on trades. The modifiers of all resources and bonus resources are listed here.

7) Due to a recent update causing balance issues (thanks admin!), it is now usually best to keep your government as Capitalism, unless your people want Republic or Democracy. Communism is best during war.

8) If you have Firefox, snag this nifty addon.

If anyone else has more to add, feel free.
Last edited by Kon on Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:14 pm

Ozone
Howdy,

Regarding #1 - tax rate at 20%...

While doing my training for NV and learning the basics I was told good infrastructure, adequate troops, and the government and religion the people want actually determines your actual tax rates. SO THE TAXATION RATE ITSELF FLUCTUATES BASED ON POPULATION HAPPINESS! The first rule for NV cadets is to max out your taxes and keep em there.

You can keep the tax rate at that maximum with no fear, then, if there is an outside concern that is making your people unhappy, you can use a tax decrease as a tool in an attempt to regain happiness. When the problem is solved, you can max out again.

For the past month (since I started), my tax rate has been at 28%. My infra is a mere 360, with 3000 people and 1 bank - I'm pulling in approx $90,000/day and my people have yet to drop below 'adoration'. But also note, I am not in a state of war.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:39 pm

Isileth
Yes that advice isn't really the best I agree Oz.

Possibly for the first few days it might hurt but after that 28% is by far the best, there is also a handy chart somewhere that tells you the best tax rate for you (Again this really only effects the first few days of a nation before they hit 28%)

Just found the chart so posting it here.

Set your tax rate to 10% and check your 'Avg. Gross Income Per Individual Per Day'. Then using that number look at this chart to see your ideal tax rate.

Income - - - - - - - Tax Rate

0,00 - 10,00 - - - - - 16%
10,01 - 32,66 - - - - 20%
32,67 - 50,80 - - - - 23%
50,81 + - - - - - - - 28%

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:04 pm

Kon
Yeah, this guide is really intended for those 2 weeks old or less. I should probably put that in. I hope nobody is using this at 80+ days or anything like that. :sweat:
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

Return to “Cyber Nations”