Please Read: There is a nasty exploit being used in game

We currently have guilds across the =US=Doomsayer(PVP), =US=Thog(PVE), and =EU=Wildsoul(PVP) servers!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Please Read: There is a nasty exploit being used in game

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:12 pm

undrin
I witnessed this yesterday when someone created a link in chat that if you opened it there would be a window created just like when people advertise thier guilds. Well this guy got it even worse:

Posted on AoC Forums by jaysin9,
Over the weekend some person linked an item in chat. When I clicked the item immediately I got a message that I had left my guild. Cute exploit.

Even cuter, I was gm of the guild. I have since gotten an invite back into the guild.. but presently no-one holds the gm position. No-one is able to promote higher then my current rank (3rd down). How do i get gm back? I can't reform the guild very easily, most of our members play at odd times and getting them into the guild in the first place has been a labor. Presently I can't even boot members (rank) to ensure that everyone is out so that the guild can be reformed.

I petitioned in game. boy isn't that a cute petition system. after waiting 12 hours to be next in line, i watched with dismay as my petition was closed without being contacted, despite being online the whole time. This happened twice over the weekend, what a cute way to get issues closed! So that option seemingly meaningless I have turned here. Anyone have any ideas?
Xbox One: Auravil come and visit sometime!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:49 pm

Syro
More details like it...

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=43779

But do NOT click the LINK!

Nasty exploit :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:09 pm

Padishar
Yeeeeeouch!
Thx for the heads up,
good thing I rarely click on linkies in game anywho :sweat:

Return to “Age of Conan”