All good things must end

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

All good things must end

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:54 am

Deimos
I commented long ago to many people that it would take a lot for me to want to leave this kinship, and that is still the case. I, like Christhalion, have spent the last few months almost entirely alone in my time that I am online, at least with people from this kinship. You guys quickly became an online family to me, even though you all already knew each other so well in real life or from other games. You took me in and I made friendships that were far better than what I expected to make. I really lucked out in fighting with Rev for Donakh that day. :)

Unfortunately, my time with this kinship has also come to an end. My work schedule makes it so that I never end up seeing anyone online anymore. It's very sad for me because I loved the days of our kinship when we were all so actively on at the same time, but I understand that times change and real life sticks it's ugly head out and makes things harder for us all.

I will miss you all, as I have for months now. You guys (and gals, of course) are a terrific group of people and I've appreciated all of the time I've spent with you in-game. I will still be on these forums from time to time. I will still certainly be playing LOTRO a lot so feel free to say hi if you happen to be on when I'm on. I'm not actually even moving on to another kinship just yet so please don't feel that I've been swooned into joining another group.

Take care everyone. Thank you for all of the wonderful times. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:31 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Very sad to see people leaving, though its completely understandable when timezones rear their ugly heads. Stick around the forum and the community, same goes for Chris and any others.

Just because you aren't in the LOTRO kin anymore doesn't mean you can't still be SSX :thumb:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:20 pm

El Oso
Good luck man

See ya around!

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:15 pm

Christhalion
Good luck Deimos! Thanks Anubis... if that's the case than consider me still in SSX! I love the community of people and I hope you will still include me even in LOTRO if you all need help with anything!
Main: Christhalion Lvl 50 Hunter - Cristomir Lvl 50 Champion- Christophin Minstrel - Cristoleon Burgular
Officer of the Defenders of the Greyflood an Elendilmer Kinship - http://dotg.guildlaunch.com

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:00 pm

Syro
Awwww, Donahk! My only true love in LOTRO! Well, donahk and gold farmers. I am glad you fought with Rev for him. I personally made several close in-game friends farming Donahk. The memories............

We once had a conversation about you joining another kin. Are you still playing late nights / early morning? Are the Aussies still hot and heavy in-game? Go with your heart, my friend. You deserve to have fun in-game!

Don't be a stranger on these forums. Come fight with us every so often, and we can still be friends.

Grace and peace, dear brother. You are a noble gamer. Please stay that way!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:39 am

Deimos
Just so people know, the conversation about me joining another kin, as I recall, was about how I didn't want to, even with my schedule being as it was. :) I am still playing late at night. I usually start around 12am-1am and play until dawn (or later, if on Thrang).

I'm still sad to be leaving the kinship because I don't want anyone to think I'm leaving because I don't like you guys. :( There is always a chance that I may end up joining with one of the three Aussie/New Zealand groups that have requested my tanking skills, but it still feels a bit too soon to me after having left you guys. Sounds kind of silly, I know, but I really did enjoy my time with you guys and I feel bad "moving on" so soon. lol. Maybe some day....

For those that don't know the story, I joined this kinship because Rev was nice enough to be fair one day when we were both camping Don. I thought to myself "Now this is the kind of guy I want to be in a kinship with if the rest of the group shares these values!" And it was true.

You guys are a great group and while I would feel it normal to say I will miss you, I know that I won't since I'll still be active in the forums. Can't miss you if I'm still around :D

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:09 am

Wulfsmark
Good Luck!!! Take care... Have fun!! that is what its all about!!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:25 am

Ardith
:( :( :( :(

I totally understand your reasoning behind this Deimos, but it's still sad to see you go! You brought a lot to the kinship..there is no other person I'd rather stay up until 6am with in the Moors! We will definitely be staying in touch though.

I think your employers owe you six months of vacation. You need a BREAK!

And Syro...sorry to tell you but Donakh and I have a special thing going. He's never mentioned your name. I thought you were head over heels for Sara Oakheart? :confused:

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:59 am

Deimos
Ardith wrote::( :( :( :(

I totally understand your reasoning behind this Deimos, but it's still sad to see you go! You brought a lot to the kinship..there is no other person I'd rather stay up until 6am with in the Moors! We will definitely be staying in touch though.

I think your employers owe you six months of vacation. You need a BREAK!

And Syro...sorry to tell you but Donakh and I have a special thing going. He's never mentioned your name. I thought you were head over heels for Sara Oakheart? :confused:
Vac.... ation? <computer voice> DOES NOT COMPUTE! </computer voice>
I'm still hammering away at 6 or 7 day weeks. It's quite exhausting and there's no end in sight. :(

You always have me on AIM, Ardith (though you seem to never use it). I know I'll be talking to you a lot there, though it's definitely not going to be filled with as many late night creep killings as we had. :) That's ok though.

Donakh and you have a thing going? But..... what about us? And what about my worm that I showed you? (That's Baushat in the Trollshaws, in case anyone thinks I meant something else) ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:20 pm

Syro
You peeps are sick! I will not say another word about The Don nor shall I ever tell the story of Syro's love affair with him before Donakh was "discovered" and became a star. :cool:

When I left the game, I still had 100+ beryl shards and I was selling about 10+ a day (every day!). :smack:

Sara could never give Syro what Donakh could. I believe Syro found Sara to be "hot" but this did not translate into love. Donakh had what it takes to win the heart of hardcore farmer... $$$$$$$!

For the record, Rev was the only nice guy in the guild about Donakh. I ran peeps off unless they were guildies! :eek: :eek:

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:20 pm

El Oso
Syro wrote:For the record, Rev was the only nice guy in the guild about Donakh. I ran peeps off unless they were guildies! :eek: :eek:
????

Azlor ran off peeps, ESPECIALLY guildies!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:41 pm

Syro
Faernath wrote:
Syro wrote:For the record, Rev was the only nice guy in the guild about Donakh. I ran peeps off unless they were guildies! :eek: :eek:
????

Azlor ran off peeps, ESPECIALLY guildies!
Hahaha! Azlor was the Naughty Ninja. No doubt about it! We should have banned him from the guild a long time ago!!!

I loved playing Azlor ;)

I won't hijack this thread with Azlor stuff, but I could tell Azlor stories for hours on his naughty antics. GM's knew him personally. And on more than one occassion, GM's stopped by to say, "Hello!" Haha. He always played by the rules but could start a riot or war in a moment's notice. ;D

Azlor was "blacklisted," told he would never get a group, told he would never find a kin that would take him, and told he would NEVER get to raid. Those were the friendly and heart-warming things that some folks said to him. The not-so-kind things will remain in the dark with those peeps who said them.

Yes, I loved Azlor! :cool:

He never ran off a guildmate nor a crafter. In fact, Azlor was known to grant shards to crafters farming Donakh after he ninja'd the kill!

You might be thinking of Help. Azlor wasn't much help to Help! :shake: lol

Return to “Lord of the Rings”