Rift Run with DOTG tonight at 8pm EST

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

Rift Run with DOTG tonight at 8pm EST

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:16 pm

Christhalion
We have been invited as a kin to go to the RIFT tonight at 8pm EST. DOTG runs the the whole RIFT twice a week usually, but due to members going to AOC they will be needing people on a regular basis to run with them. They have been good enough to invite us if we are willing to do so. I will do my best to coordinate with them as to dates and times each week. They are actually wanting to try and get all our people their full RIFT sets, because most of theirs have them already. Meaning if you do choose to come you will most likely only be rolling against kin for the gems. If we as a kin don't fill all the empty spots, most likely you will have more to roll against in the random kins that fill the empty spots. Anyways it's a great opportunity if anyone wants to join in.

For tonight I may not be available to come, but I will be trying hard to be there. I would suggest adding Arilyn or her alt Darya to your list if I'm not on to coordinate. The guy running the RIFT runs is Elborigorn so add him as well and let him know you are interested, again if I'm not on in time. If I am on I will do my best to coordinate the spots as I did last time for us. If you do go and cannot stay, those of you that went last time can attest to this, they will not pressure you at all to go any further than you can go timewise. Generally speaking without any wipes they try and run the whole RIFT in 3.5-4hours including the Balrog. So come if you can, stay as long as you like, and let's get some awesome RIFT gear and some experience as a kin in running the RIFT!

Also here is the vent info- v32.darkstarllc.com port 4975

I hope I can make it! :smack:
Main: Christhalion Lvl 50 Hunter - Cristomir Lvl 50 Champion- Christophin Minstrel - Cristoleon Burgular
Officer of the Defenders of the Greyflood an Elendilmer Kinship - http://dotg.guildlaunch.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:13 pm

Christhalion
13 views... no takers???
Main: Christhalion Lvl 50 Hunter - Cristomir Lvl 50 Champion- Christophin Minstrel - Cristoleon Burgular
Officer of the Defenders of the Greyflood an Elendilmer Kinship - http://dotg.guildlaunch.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:20 am

Stracius
I weighed in as a no, but gave in and decided to go after all lol. too bad most everyone else that wanted to go were all hunters *peers at Chris* :lol: . Ah well, hopefully we can try again with them sometime soon.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:02 pm

Christhalion
Ahh so it was a no go last night then? My apologies to you and Eli about missing last night. I planned on going but then RL kicked in and interuppted the balance of Middle Earth.... :D

For sure perhaps we can get it going this week! I will talk with Elbs and let you guys know again!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:23 pm

El Oso
Christhalion wrote:For sure perhaps we can get it going this week! I will talk with Elbs and let you guys know again!
BUMP

This is happening tonight 4/22 at 8PM ET
For all those interested in a rift run!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:19 am

Christhalion
Downed Thrang, but failed at the Balrog, after getting him down to 1,800 HP he killed the dumb elf chick, and after that you can't dps him anymore... so the elf chick beat us :smack:

Ended up rolling a "100", that's right a "100", on the helm!!! So I ended up with the prize of the night. :)

Only had Oz, Rentor, and myself representing the good ole Shattered Star though, so next time you all need to get in on the action!!! Ended up with about 4 from Penumbra, 5 from DOTG, and 3 from SSX. All in all, lots of fun, good experience, and a decent run!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:52 pm

Calista-PEN
Wish we could part the elf chick some place safe, That stunk that the balrog turned off me for no reason and what... 2 shoted her :( and with less then 2k morale ... grrr

LOL

So glad you invited us chris. 1 thing i did learn is WOW.. as a tank you use SOOOO many pots on the balrog lol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:38 pm

Rentor
It was a blast, I learned alot on this run, I hope a grp will be around to work on the Balrog tonight seeing im locked too there.

Either way, ill be at each of these runs i can get into based on my time of play that is.

Rentor
Hi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:55 pm

Ozgafen
All Tanks in the Rift need tomake sure to get as much of the junk drops as they can to help offset the repair and potion costs. Its either that or we will be seeing a row of tanks outside the Rift entrance holding up little signs that read "Will Tank for Food!"

Lastnight everything was left on straight round robin roll/pass. I would recommend next time we change it to Need/Greed/Pass and show the Tank some love!

The run was a lot of fun even if the Elf chick dropped way too fast. It's an exploit I tell ya! Stupid Balrog, he is using loaded damage dice!!! Good news is after three attempts, and nearly getting it right on the last one, I am now much more familier with how the Balrog fight is supposed to go. Can't wait to get back!!!
Ozgafen Level 50 Champion (GM Tailor, GM Prospector & GM Forrester)
Warin Level 49 Guardian (GM Metalsmith, GM Prospector & Tailor)
Runescryer Level 15 Lore Master (GM Scholar, GM Farmer, Weaponsmith)
Nicknack Level 12 Burgler (GM Jeweller, GM Cook, GM Prospector)
Jhona Level 6 Bank/AH Mule. I mean Hunter (what ever woodcrafters do)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:05 pm

Ardith
Christhalion wrote:Downed Thrang, but failed at the Balrog, after getting him down to 1,800 HP he killed the dumb elf chick, and after that you can't dps him anymore... so the elf chick beat us
I bet if the elf chick had been a woman chick she wouldn't have died so easily and let the whole group down. ;D Still..1800 hp left?! That's sad, I would have cried. :shake:

Congrats on the helmet all the same!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:19 pm

Calista-PEN
Ozgafen wrote:All Tanks in the Rift need tomake sure to get as much of the junk drops as they can to help offset the repair and potion costs. Its either that or we will be seeing a row of tanks outside the Rift entrance holding up little signs that read "Will Tank for Food!"
Ya thats how we tend to roll. As it was i think my repair bill after using rep repair was 350s (just for the balrug fight) not including the crazy amount of pots/potions i had to use. But hey i still had fun :)
Toons: Calista, Baldore, Scyler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:59 pm

El Oso
Ozgafen wrote:The run was a lot of fun even if the Elf chick dropped way too fast. It's an exploit I tell ya!
Kind of. It was a bug, Dave.

[16:47] Balrog: wth
[16:47] Me: Hey Rog, what's up?
[16:48] Balrog: hav u seen teh patch notes?
[16:48] Me: Not yet. Why?
[16:48] Balrog: more nerfs. this is bs
[16:48] Me: What'd they nerf?
[16:48] Balrog: me, i'm totaly unplayable now
[16:49] Me: I don't know, man. You're pretty bad-***... how bad could it be?
[16:49] Balrog: u no that sweet attack i had that could almost 1shot that stupid elf? yeah, they dropped the crit multipliar down by 50%. how the hell am I suppose to 2shot her now?
[16:49] Balrog: completly unplayable
[16:49] Me: Well... that *was* pretty cheap of you.
[16:49] Balrog: pfft, whatever. ur just pissed u didnt roll a balrog instead of that pansy champion
[16:53] Balrog: man, they better fire the dev that did this
[16:53] Me: Is that likely to happen, though?
[16:53] Balrog: u just wait. i'm going to start a petition on the forums. once turbine sees how many monsters will be quitting over this theyll fix it
[16:54] Me: *sigh*

Return to “Lord of the Rings”