Successor nomination thread

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

Successor nomination thread

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:30 am

El Oso
Please reply with your nominations and justification. :)

Also, please keep the thread clear of outside conversation to make it easier to quantify, thanks!
Last edited by El Oso on Mon May 05, 2008 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:01 pm

Christhalion
I would like to nominate Jeredoc for successor.
Main: Christhalion Lvl 50 Hunter - Cristomir Lvl 50 Champion- Christophin Minstrel - Cristoleon Burgular
Officer of the Defenders of the Greyflood an Elendilmer Kinship - http://dotg.guildlaunch.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:30 pm

Jeredoc
I nominate Chris :P

Seriously though I think Chris would be a good choice as well as Ardith. Actually I would support any one of our longtime kin members who were interested in taking on the roll.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:59 pm

Christhalion
I appreciate greatly the nomination, and the kind words. I thought about it, and respectfully decline at the moment. I have alot of RL things going on, all wonderful things, but at the same time things that keep me pretty busy.

I also don't think I have been around long enough, here in the kin, to feel deserved of a potential kin lead roll. There is alot I still need to learn about the game, and appreciate all that most of you have taught me. Also I have in the past led two gaming communities for a total of 5 years between the two of them. They were pretty large and more than just gaming entailed. I did the web site design and administration as well. After giving those up, I ended up not even gaming for over a year. I enjoy the kin very much, my loyalties are to you all here, and I will continue to do what I can to help in anyway. So maybe another time if it comes up again, but right now I don't feel ready.

I will whole heartedly support the nomination of Ardith however.
Main: Christhalion Lvl 50 Hunter - Cristomir Lvl 50 Champion- Christophin Minstrel - Cristoleon Burgular
Officer of the Defenders of the Greyflood an Elendilmer Kinship - http://dotg.guildlaunch.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:57 pm

backpain
I would throw Oz's name in there as well. He has always been a defining element that is SSX. He has always been ready to lead us off into battle (albeit the long way ;) ) and bring us again safe and sound. :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:35 pm

Ardith
Yes I totally agree..Oz's personality and what he brings to the group is a defining part of this kinship - he would undoubtedly make a wonderful successor! His friendliness and general attitude perfectly reflect the reason we are here: to enjoy our time spent in-game amongst friends.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:35 am

Christhalion
Vote Ozbama! 08 :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:26 am

FalconX
I agree, Oz is the right elf for the job :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:46 pm

El Oso
Ozzy and Ardith have both been nominated for successor.

You are both great choices. Despite the fact that one of you is an elf. But the question remains, are you interested?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:38 am

Ardith
As much as I would love to accept, I'm afraid I can't at this time. My easy semester is drawing to a close and I don't think I will have the time to devote to leading the kinship if something happened to Faernath for some reason. I will still be around, but I don't think it would be fair to the kinfolk to have a potential leader whose in-game time is quite uncertain.

Life is about to get BUSY.

I think Ozzy is our man!!! :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:33 pm

Ozgafen
I gladly accept the nomination as Kin Successor in light of these troubled times. I promise to bring dignity and respect to the office for which I am destined to serve. My eventual succession to the highest level of Kinship rule will be swift and unopposed. While those that grovel before me shall pay homage to my greatness by no means shall I be a merciless totalitarian. I will not let anyone rest until all in these lands cower in fear of my RULE! YOU SHALL HAVE A POWERFUL KING THAT IS WORTHY OF YOUR DOMINATION AND SUBJUGATION!!!!!!

*blink-blink*

Wha..who. huh???

Wow, that damned ring is a nasty bit of tin, isnt it?

I do appreciate the votes of confidence and the accolades presented here and I would be honored to accept the nomination for the increasingly vacant role of Kin Successor! Too bad Ardith and Christhalion dropped out, I was looking forward to a long and drawn-out smear campaign between Ozbama, Hilardith and Christany. Oh, well, guess Ill have to stuff the ballot boxes all by myself.
Ozgafen Level 50 Champion (GM Tailor, GM Prospector & GM Forrester)
Warin Level 49 Guardian (GM Metalsmith, GM Prospector & Tailor)
Runescryer Level 15 Lore Master (GM Scholar, GM Farmer, Weaponsmith)
Nicknack Level 12 Burgler (GM Jeweller, GM Cook, GM Prospector)
Jhona Level 6 Bank/AH Mule. I mean Hunter (what ever woodcrafters do)

The Oz Man Cometh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:19 pm

El Oso
After a couple of weeks worth of nominations, Ozzy is unopposed for the title of successor.

I'll promote you next time I see you on.

If anyone feels that this system of successor selection has not been representative, tough. :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:12 pm

Cyowen
Congrats to Oz - great choice!! :lol:
Cyowen lvl 50 Woman Captain
Redruin lvl 50 Dwarf Guardian
Roseberry lvl 45 Hobbit Burglar
Karaen lvl 43 Elf Hunter
Arvyn lvl 42 Elf Loremaster

Re: The Oz Man Cometh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:08 pm

Syro
Faernath wrote:After a couple of weeks worth of nominations, Ozzy is unopposed for the title of successor.

I'll promote you next time I see you on.

If anyone feels that this system of successor selection has not been representative, tough. :D
The system is biased.

Return to “Lord of the Rings”