SSX Rift Run - 3/28/08

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:53 pm

Wulfsmark
It is Tuesday already and still no story about the epic SSX rift run!!!

What's up??? :weird:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:19 pm

Christhalion
Well I was only there for Saturday... was alot of fun until the last boss that we wiped at twice.... still was fun though....

Oz was there both nights so there is no excuse why there isn't some exagereated tale of what took place... I mean true to life account rather...

I did find out in the rift that Ozgafen and Christhalion are brothers from another mother... both elves with the last name of Silverleaf... maybe it is coincidence or perhaps it is just that Christhalion's handler was told when he tried to name him Greenleaf after the lineage of Legolas that "Greenleaf" was in fact vulgar and could not be used... go figure... :p
Main: Christhalion Lvl 50 Hunter - Cristomir Lvl 50 Champion- Christophin Minstrel - Cristoleon Burgular
Officer of the Defenders of the Greyflood an Elendilmer Kinship - http://dotg.guildlaunch.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:48 pm

El Oso
Christhalion wrote:Christhalion's handler was told when he tried to name him Greenleaf after the lineage of Legolas that "Greenleaf" was in fact vulgar and could not be used... go figure... :p
You lousy greenleaf!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:38 pm

Christhalion
Faernath wrote:
You lousy greenleaf!
I am reporting you to Turbine for your vulgarity!
Main: Christhalion Lvl 50 Hunter - Cristomir Lvl 50 Champion- Christophin Minstrel - Cristoleon Burgular
Officer of the Defenders of the Greyflood an Elendilmer Kinship - http://dotg.guildlaunch.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:16 pm

Ozgafen
Regrettably I was not taking notes during the rift run which doesnt really matter since nothing out of the ordinary actually happened. There was no misadventure, no OMG Look what that idiot did!! type stuff. Only 3 people died until the last room with the Balrog where the raid wiped twice before calling it a night. It was sad really.

With that being said I bring you the cliff-notes version of the SSX Rift run..

1) It was discovered that Christhalion and Ozgafen share the same last name. Whether that came about due to their philandering father (they were born in a hippie commune ya know) or one of them was adopted, who knows. Oz suspects the latter since it is obvious he is much better looking than Chris.
2) Thorrz can NOT roll to save his life. Aside from one time on a gem drop, he rolled consistently below 40 each time.
3) Oz is the master of rolling above 90 for the junk item greed rolls. He had a shot at the chest piece gem roll when everyone else rolled below 20 but Ardith beat his 60 with a 63 at the very end. Her dice are being inspected by the Bounders of the Shire for improper weight distribution..
4) Mushrooms are pretty but no touchie till the mobs are dead!!! That, and always have a hunter nearby when messin with them.
5) And finally, we figured out the trick to defeating the Balrog at the end of the Rift.. a 24 person raid!!!!! Well, either that or really sticky shoes so the bastard cant pull you in the pit of despair. Too bad none of us could remember what our favorite color is.

Thats it for the run. Next time I will take better note and will be sure to screw up enough times during the run to make the story telling worthy of your time! :p
Ozgafen Level 50 Champion (GM Tailor, GM Prospector & GM Forrester)
Warin Level 49 Guardian (GM Metalsmith, GM Prospector & Tailor)
Runescryer Level 15 Lore Master (GM Scholar, GM Farmer, Weaponsmith)
Nicknack Level 12 Burgler (GM Jeweller, GM Cook, GM Prospector)
Jhona Level 6 Bank/AH Mule. I mean Hunter (what ever woodcrafters do)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:32 pm

Wulfsmark
ehhh, I guess it will do Oz... but next time.. plz more detail... at least some exagerations!!! LOL...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:38 pm

Ozgafen
To quote a famous Hunter from our Kin.... PFFFT! :p

There are no exaggerations in my stories!!!! I merely report the facts as I see them. Er, I mean as they actually happen. In no way, shape or form is what I write about more than about 80% partially untrue. Except on Wednesdays and Bank Holidays. And baring the occasional drunken rambling that tends to happen late at night. Or for that matter pretty much anything I write while I am at work. Which is most of the time. Sort of.

GOT IT?!?!?!?!? :mad:

Oh, and anything written about coneys pretty much has to be embelished. I mean come on, the only really useful thing a coney ever did was becoming a stew or some sort of other food item. Other than that what else do they have? Hopping?? Wiggling their noses???? I mean COME ON!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:24 pm

Christhalion
Ozgafen wrote: 1) It was discovered that Christhalion and Ozgafen share the same last name. Whether that came about due to their philandering father (they were born in a hippie commune ya know) or one of them was adopted, who knows. Oz suspects the latter since it is obvious he is much better looking than Chris.

Yea right have you seen your ears?!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:01 pm

Ozgafen
MY EARS?!?!?!?

If your ears were any bigger you could jump off the top bridge in Uru and float down to the putrid river!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:15 pm

Dolgan-Pen
We had a member (Kcrow) finish off the Balrog with HoF ... gained some insight ..... can anyone say "Hunter Tank"????
Penumbra
Dolgan - 50 Dwarf Champion - GM Weaponsmith
Calinis - 50 Elf Loremaster - Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:11 am

Christhalion
I have jumped... and failed to float... twice...

My brother!? You look more like Spock's brother!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:20 pm

backpain
Dolgan-Pen wrote:We had a member (Kcrow) finish off the Balrog with HoF ... gained some insight ..... can anyone say "Hunter Tank"????
Should be a dream come true for a hunter :lol:

Return to “Lord of the Rings”