Thorrz

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

Thorrz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:55 am

Syro
It's late and I want to share hahaha.........

3962~

Unbuffed :rolleyes:

Still need MM and Sarnur trolls!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:57 pm

Revonator
All I can say is, congrats....

H A C K E R

Now give me all the details :p
"Mains" Revonator- lvl 60 Captain, Thorrz - lvl 60 Guardian, Hushai lvl 60 Champion, Revonater - lvl 60 Minstrel, Melwinn -lvl 49 Hunter
Kinship:~Defenders of the Greyflood~ Creeps: Revnakh- R5 Warg, Squatch - R6 WL, Squatchk - R6 BA, Squatckh - R4 Reaver
"Alter Egos" Revgar: Captian Leader and Founder of the kinship Training Dummies ~ Elrond: Elf Champion and member of Training Dummies

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:36 pm

Syro
HaxXor RoxXor U

After a long journey to Rivendell by horse, I decided to visit a bard before retiring. I wanted to crank up the hate. A bright light broke through the dark clouds and harps began to sing. I saw a vision: a guardian standing in a pool of blood who was very Stoic!

One class trait swap. Gave up 10 might and reflective block damage for 15 vitality and 15 fate. So! I am going Discipline after all. ;D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:12 pm

Revonator
I forget what skill gives "stoic"....I think Guardians Pledge....

Anyway, I am purposely using it more regularly and not just when I am in trouble LOL!

On the note of disciple, for what it is worth, Pale told me that gurus that do the math and all seem to concur that stats "top out" thier effedctiveness at around 350.....

So I may experiment with might at that general goal.
"Mains" Revonator- lvl 60 Captain, Thorrz - lvl 60 Guardian, Hushai lvl 60 Champion, Revonater - lvl 60 Minstrel, Melwinn -lvl 49 Hunter
Kinship:~Defenders of the Greyflood~ Creeps: Revnakh- R5 Warg, Squatch - R6 WL, Squatchk - R6 BA, Squatckh - R4 Reaver
"Alter Egos" Revgar: Captian Leader and Founder of the kinship Training Dummies ~ Elrond: Elf Champion and member of Training Dummies

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:30 pm

Syro
You know how I feel about math in the game!!!! :eek: You and the crafters will vouch, 35 percent means nothing and 80 percent means almost nothing.

Based on my experience, I agree that any stat over 350 adds very little if anything at all. Syro was a deciding factor for me. When Syro gave up 80+ agility and became a stronger hunter without much sacrifice to dps, I gave up on the over 400 target on stats.

I will go Discipline to maintain my 360-380 might if necessary. I haven't slotted it and probably won't if I continue to like my vitality / fate build. But I will max Discipline so I can perform an easy might / fate test by swapping traits and not gear.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:57 pm

Revonator
I am sooooooo wanting the etched beryl rings now :o

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:48 pm

Syro
I caught some of the fellowship chat on might vs. agility at lunch but I couldn't respond. Azlor was too busy helping a gold seller find his way out of the game. So I will share why I like agility on the guard here...

EVADE!

Yes, I like evade. Why? I get plenty of block and parry pops for my guard skills. I don't really need more of them to activate my skills. They always seem to be activated!

Why would I want evade??? It's one more chance for the mob to completely miss me while I am cycling through my guard tier'd skills.

Another lesson that I learned from Syro... he can tank because the mobs can't hit him. Evade... spam!! Evade... spam! Ha!

What does might do? It reduces incoming damage by a percentage. What does evade do? It totally elimates the damage and stops the effect of whatever skill the mob is using on the guard.

Survivability and hate. Those are the two things I want! :smack:

So I like agility! Thus, my determination and the etched beryl rings.... oh, the rings :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:10 pm

Revonator
The Rings are EVIL!

BTW, what standing with Bree do you need again for that trait to be slotted?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:29 pm

Syro
Revonator wrote:The Rings are EVIL!
True! :lol: *Evil Roar* Anyone who reads the names of Syrex' gear will know that he has been corrupted by them.
Revonator wrote:BTW, what standing with Bree do you need again for that trait to be slotted?
Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:09 am

Revonator
Syro wrote:
Friend
Done :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:58 pm

Revonator
Thorrz is now ~3907 unbuffed....

Now for the rings :o

Donations can be mailed to Thorrz ;)

Subject line: rings for the poor:

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:32 pm

Syro
Hahaha!

Syrex is broken! And Bink is broke! :eek:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:42 pm

Ozgafen
Glad to see your thoughts on the guardian class. The alt I have decided to focus on first is my guardian named Warin. Looks like I will have two excellent teachers when it comes to the finer points on how the class can be run more effectively.

From level 6 to level 14 in two sessions of play and I am LOVING it. It is a fun class yet boring at times when you are waiting for the mob to drop of exhaustion. One thing though, I went dwarf with Warin, is that bad? I have seen a debate on the LOTRO forums about the 3000+ heal skill men get but the counter argument said that dwarves were basically just as useful as guardians. Thoughts?
Ozgafen Level 50 Champion (GM Tailor, GM Prospector & GM Forrester)
Warin Level 49 Guardian (GM Metalsmith, GM Prospector & Tailor)
Runescryer Level 15 Lore Master (GM Scholar, GM Farmer, Weaponsmith)
Nicknack Level 12 Burgler (GM Jeweller, GM Cook, GM Prospector)
Jhona Level 6 Bank/AH Mule. I mean Hunter (what ever woodcrafters do)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:09 pm

Syro
Syrex is really 3858 unbuffed. He is now 3996 with +5 hope (ie., in Rivendell).

180 more MM trolls to kill for Valour. After I finish the trolls, I will post all his stats without (+)hope.

Ozzy... dwar is the guardian guru! I'm just a wanna be guard! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:57 pm

Revonator
Syro wrote:
Ozzy... dwar is the guardian guru! I'm just a wanna be guard! :lol:
Thorrz is just a spoiled newbie.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:19 pm

Revonator
OK.....

Syrex/Thorrz comparisons Why are Thorrz stats less overall?

I am not trying to compare to "see which is better" I am just trying to get Thorrz to his peak!

Is the jewellry really the factor that seperates us?

Equipped traits for Thorrz:
Loyalty - 6
Determination - 8
Justice - 9
Valour - 8
Empathy - 5

I am working on finishing "stoic" for the fate vitality buff.

Aside from jewelry...
Why does Syrex seem stronger?

I have the etched beryl necklace, but not equipped, and my rings are the "Ring of Jems"

+15 minght, +15 vitality, +15 fate, +45 power, and +1.5 non-combat power Regen on each ring.

Am I on the right track here?

I am running out of options for improvement.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:33 pm

Syro
Cloak? Syrex is wearing a Fine Radiant rather than Exquisite.

I will post my stats like you have posted after killing a few more MM trolls. Probably this weekend.

Hopefully, we can look at it tonight~

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:41 pm

Syro
Syrex also has 6 Empathy but only 7 Valour.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:50 pm

Revonator
I am painfully aware that the Empathy 6 is 40 or so shire Quests :smack:

Dont know if I can buck up an do that :weird:

I also have that cloak Syrex has, but I am using this one to make up for the morale and will I dont get, not having the RINGS!!!!

hehehehehe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:03 pm

Syro
:D

Syrex carries a Bink-crafted Superior Ancient Steel Mining Pick called "The Ninja." Maybe this is the difference? haha

Oh! Don't foget the Mirror'd Ancient Steel Sword crafted by Revie ---> "Envy"

Gurus Schmurus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:54 pm

El Oso
With the various builds I've gone through with Faernath, the more fate the better. All of my benchmarks have been with fate well over 350. I don't know if this differs from any of the other stats, but faernath's ICMR and ICPR only increase as his fate goes up, I call that effective!

I can say that Grwyn is much less effective with agi at 452 than when it was 414. Though I believe it to be armor related... The jury is still out on Lwyn.

Some MATH:

15 Might = 1 Melee Eff
150 Might = 1% Parry
75 Might = 1% Common
50 Might = 1% Block

75 Agility = 1% Evade
150 Agility = 1% Parry
50 Agility = 1% Ranged / Melee Crit
15 Agility = 1 Ranged Eff

1 Vitality = 3 Morale
25 Vitality = 3 OCMR
30 Vitality = 1% Fire / Shadow
75 Vitality = 1% Wound
150 Vitality = 1% Disease / Poison

1 Will = 3 Power
5 Will = 1 OCPR
50 Will = 1% Fear

50 Fate = 1% Tactical Crit
45 Fate = 1 ICMR
55 Fate = 1 ICPR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:10 am

Revonator
Wow, awsome Dan!

BTW slotted "Stoic"

Then finished Rivendell rep, and aquired the "Great Golden Ring"

Getting there.....

With the Great Golden Ring and an Etched Beryl....my morale will be 3999! LOL!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:41 pm

Syro
Nice work you two! :)

If I switch either his cloak or his weapon, then Syrex goes over 4k now. If I make 2 changes, then Syrex hits 4.1k+ easy. As of last night, he was like 3958 unbuffed.

I also crit an Exquisite Radiant Cloak for Syrex (1/1 - wtg Syro!), but I am probably going to stay with the Fine Radiant Cloak.

If I keep the Fine Radiant Cloak, then I need to change my weapon. I cannot decide between mirror'd axe or mace.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:55 pm

Revonator
Syro wrote:Nice work you two! :)

If I switch either his cloak or his weapon, then Syrex goes over 4k now. If I make 2 changes, then Syrex hits 4.1k+ easy. As of last night, he was like 3958 unbuffed.

I also crit an Exquisite Radiant Cloak for Syrex (1/1 - wtg Syro!), but I am probably going to stay with the Fine Radiant Cloak.

If I keep the Fine Radiant Cloak, then I need to change my weapon. I cannot decide between mirror'd axe or mace.
I will keep my cloak as is if I dont get 2x etched beryl rings.

If I DO get 2x (doubtful, thorrz has 3g atm :0) Then the radiant returns for 30 might.

Hard choice between mace and axe, I chose axe because the over damage per swing is noticeably higher.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:15 pm

Syro
Any speed difference in axe and mace?

Return to “Lord of the Rings”