Thorrz

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:10 pm

Revonator
Syro wrote:Any speed difference in axe and mace?
"Mains" Revonator- lvl 60 Captain, Thorrz - lvl 60 Guardian, Hushai lvl 60 Champion, Revonater - lvl 60 Minstrel, Melwinn -lvl 49 Hunter
Kinship:~Defenders of the Greyflood~ Creeps: Revnakh- R5 Warg, Squatch - R6 WL, Squatchk - R6 BA, Squatckh - R4 Reaver
"Alter Egos" Revgar: Captian Leader and Founder of the kinship Training Dummies ~ Elrond: Elf Champion and member of Training Dummies

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:40 pm

Revonator
"Mains" Revonator- lvl 60 Captain, Thorrz - lvl 60 Guardian, Hushai lvl 60 Champion, Revonater - lvl 60 Minstrel, Melwinn -lvl 49 Hunter
Kinship:~Defenders of the Greyflood~ Creeps: Revnakh- R5 Warg, Squatch - R6 WL, Squatchk - R6 BA, Squatckh - R4 Reaver
"Alter Egos" Revgar: Captian Leader and Founder of the kinship Training Dummies ~ Elrond: Elf Champion and member of Training Dummies

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:48 pm

Ozgafen
OK, so if you chose Empathy for the Fate buff why wouldn't you go with Idealism instead? It gives double the Fate buff but drops the small amount of armour bonus. Seems like a decent trade-off.

Another thing I was thinking about was would it be a good idea to go with an all resistance trait setup. Sure you lose extra moral, might and regen ability but if you had your resistance traits maxed out you would technically take less damage. I have not seen anything showing what effect, if any, the resistance buffs actually have so it is hard to say if it would be appropriate. Maybe I'll focus Warin on deed farming as he grows in level and give the resistance buffs a try once I get him to 50. He hit 21 last night and still has all of the North Downs to do as well as Eastern Lonelands.
Ozgafen Level 50 Champion (GM Tailor, GM Prospector & GM Forrester)
Warin Level 49 Guardian (GM Metalsmith, GM Prospector & Tailor)
Runescryer Level 15 Lore Master (GM Scholar, GM Farmer, Weaponsmith)
Nicknack Level 12 Burgler (GM Jeweller, GM Cook, GM Prospector)
Jhona Level 6 Bank/AH Mule. I mean Hunter (what ever woodcrafters do)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:34 pm

Syro
Gratz, Ozzy.

I like Idealism for fate.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:00 pm

Revonator
Back to the fate issue.....

Thorrz is talking with Jenny Greentoes, Trying to keep her off the subject of her foot care problems...

If I use the "Cloak of the Dutiful" it has ALL the buffs that Benedict suggested from Penumbra in his RAIDing guide, but.....

I lose flat out 30 fate (Which by the way, he doesn't feel is very important for a Guard).

My fate is 171, which so far seems fine....but 141!?!?

The Dutiful cloak ups my might to 361
Adds 24 morale (via 8 vitality) taking me over the 4k mark again.
My power would drop to 2,205 with it.

My stats would be basically

Morale - 4,011
Power - 2,205
Might - 362
Vitality - 398
Will - 235
Fate - 141

Should I equip the cloak or sell it back for 4g (what I paid for it)?????

Any thoughts....
The Fate would lessen what in-combat regens for morale and power (which are already weak).

But as weak as they are, I have to admit, I haven't had issues thus far between "Take a Breath" and "Thrill of Danger". I have been VERY keen on Fate since Revonator, and seriously was concerned that Thorrz was unable to maintain a decent level. Seems the Guardian was given skills to compensate for low fate, but is 141 too low?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:49 pm

Ozgafen
Can you guys go over the basic strategy when playing a guardian please? Basically I am looking for what buttons you mash and in what order. I kind of come up with my own method of fighting with Oz but there are times when I should pay more attention to my morale level and not so much on DPS. With a guardian however it is much more important to know the correct method in dealing with different battle situations since if the guardian goes down, or losses threat, it could lead to a party wipe.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:31 pm

Revonator
My main attack differences are what attacks I lead off with...

When soloing, I always use "Guardians Ward" immediately and often.

When in group, attacking a singular mob I hit with the shield bash to get agro.

When in group with multiple mobs I get the pimary one with shield bash, I also have "Harrasser" slotted so my vexing blow is an AOE - agroing 3x mobs.

If it is a big fight I am MAINLY hitting agro/hate building skills and not even concerned about DPS from Thorrz.

If a heavy armor class pulls off a side mob, I dont usually chase it. But I will brake off and try to pull things from minstrels/loremasters and even hunters (Except Syro) ;)

I am still experimenting with with buff to run with (parry or block). If I find it hard to control mobs in group I use "Guardian's Threat" ( a legendary) that increases my threat by 20% but does not allow parry or block buffs.
Last edited by Revonator on Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:26 pm

Ozgafen
GREAT! Thanks for the info Rev.

I will start my training using these strategies immediatly. Or repair bills are expensable to Bink right?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:12 pm

Revonator
I want to call thorrz done....

Option #1 -- All crafted armor

Option #2 Mix - crafted and 2x High-Protector pieces

Which is the best?

My thoughts are I should run with the crafted set when soling and the 2x High- Protector in instances (for the +2% incoming healing) What say you?

:D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:46 pm

backpain
I would agree. Thorzz is a hottie.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:02 pm

Syro
I like option 1 for all the time. Thorrz is a much stronger toon from start to finish with option 1!

On a 800 point heal, Thorrz will receive an additional 16 morale points. No way will those additional 16 points make up for 90 morale points that you loose just by putting on the high-protector set.

The only advantage you gain on the high-protector set is the Shadow resist. We don't spend a lot of time fighting the undead, so even the extra resist is not worth much.

:smack: I had to do some math in this post. No more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stick with option 1, my friend. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:03 pm

Syro
backpain wrote:I would agree. Thorzz is a hottie.
Yes :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:16 pm

Revonator
Syro wrote::smack: I had to do some math in this post. No more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAH I got Syro to do GAME MATH!!!!!!

;D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:56 pm

Syro
Revonator wrote:
Syro wrote::smack: I had to do some math in this post. No more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAH I got Syro to do GAME MATH!!!!!!

;D
It's a sick world out there, I need to........ :puke:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:29 pm

Ozgafen
It is so much that the emote of puking is disturbing, it's the fact that if you look closely it shoots out his nose too!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:16 pm

Revonator

:eek:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:22 pm

Wulfsmark
Ewwwwww it does come out the nose toooooooooooo.... that is gross!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:35 pm

Syro
Revonator wrote:[img] :eek:
Even better!!! :thumb:

Return to “Lord of the Rings”