Annuminas Instances

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

Annuminas Instances

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:35 pm

Ardrake
Hi my friends!!

First of all I would like to thank Syro for his trust in making me MOD for our Kin forums, Thanks, and I would like to congratulate my new partner Rev.

Now on to the serious stuff!! hehehehhe

Like some of you know I'm going after the Nenuial's Vestments, the stats are ok but the look is amazing and as Gavriliana says, if it looks perty its good and thats the only importante thing :p

Here is the link for the set

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=92117

Alright to get the pieces alone its a long and hard grind, 1/50 drop of fragment outside of instances, and no unique armor or battered armor drops.

Inside instance drop are significantly better and the battered pieces also drop, and each boss (3) drop the unique pieces, the drop rate of unique pieces is 100%.

SO I need the help of the kin, to go out there and do the instances :D

We could use are time in the Annuminas also to do book 10, for those in need!

Once I complete my set obviously I will help anyone else wanting the said set and go out of my way to assiste them.

Once I know there are others interested I will set up an evening or two where we can go and defeat the Angmarin invaders and honor our Dunedain ranger friends!!

To arms!!
" He who aims at nothing hits it with remarkable success ! "

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:43 pm

Ardrake
Alright! now what are the Annuminas Instance I can here you say or think from behind my computer!!

Heres the deal!! (info gathered from different forums and personal experience)

It all starts with the three points around the city. They appear as blue or red icons on your map (once you have discovered them) the same icons used in the Ettenmoors. The three points are: Gwaelband, Clorhir, and Tirband.

To take over one of these points from the enemy Invaders, you must simply kill the opposing NPCs who are standing at the point. This usually consists of a Nemesis and a couple Elites.

Controlling Gwaelband opens up a central gate that allows easier access to the base camp of Echad Garthadir. You must kill a Nemesis and some Elites.

Controlling Clorhir grants access to the instance Glinghant. You must kill a few waves of Elites and Elite Masters, then a Nemesis. When this point is controlled by the Wardens, quests for inside Glinghant become available from a NPC that spawns.

Controlling Tirband (along with the other two points) opens up a gate along the bridge Ariant. This gives access to the instances Haudh Valandil and Ost Elendil. You must kill a Nemesis and some Elites. When this point is controlled by the Wardens, quests inside Haudh Valandil and Ost Elendil become available from NPCs that spawn.

So, the three instances we have are (in relative order):

Glinghant - the "gardens" instance

Haudh Valandil - the "tomb" instance

Ost Elendil - the "palace" instance

The main rewards/loot from doing these instances are the unique barter items, such as the Arnorian Shoulders, Leggings, etc. Regular barter items are dropped by most mobs as well, Battered Arnorian Armor pieces and Arnorian Armor Fragments. There are also some random "blue" items that may fall and misc other "purple" loot. Reputation with the Wardens of Annminas is also earned doing these instances, through kills and quest completion.

Also, they are fun! Not your run-of-the-mill dungeon.

In summary, you control the points to open gates and allow access to instances. The points are, in relative order, Gwaelband, Clorhir, and Tirband. Gwaelband allows mid-gate access. Clorhir allows access to Glinghant. Tirband, along with the other two, allows access across the bridge, to Haudh Valandil and Ost Elendil.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:42 pm

Ozgafen
Oh, you can count me in!!!! I have been wanting to go tackle that series of quests plus I am still stuck on Bk 10 Ch 4.

Let me know the date and time, or post it here, and I will check my schedule..... er, honey-do list.
Ozgafen Level 50 Champion (GM Tailor, GM Prospector & GM Forrester)
Warin Level 49 Guardian (GM Metalsmith, GM Prospector & Tailor)
Runescryer Level 15 Lore Master (GM Scholar, GM Farmer, Weaponsmith)
Nicknack Level 12 Burgler (GM Jeweller, GM Cook, GM Prospector)
Jhona Level 6 Bank/AH Mule. I mean Hunter (what ever woodcrafters do)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:28 pm

Syro
Set it up, and I will be there. :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:05 pm

Wulfsmark
Ardrake that Gav is a smart Cookie!!! :D We concur!!! Looks are all that matter in this game!!! LOL

I will be there as well... providing I am in game at the time... which I usually am.. sooooooo yes one of us will be there... probably Wulf since Gav needs to work on books still!!! But would like to get Gav up there soon too!!! Count me in Ardrake!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:54 pm

Ardrake
4 have responded positevly, we need 2 more, or will go with 2 pick-up players.

I'm available and would like very much to do this, on Tuesday 23 Oct 07 - 7h30PM EST

I know its somewhat of a short notice, let me know if this is possible.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:35 pm

Syro
Works for me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:51 pm

Syro
FYI

I won't be online until 7:30 Central / 8:30 EST tonight. I have a meeting after work.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:31 pm

Wulfsmark
7:30 eastern is 4:30 western.. I am barely off work then.... Soooo if we could do it a little later I will be there..... I will be in game as soon as I get home... so try not to leave without me!!! LOL.... I will be online, so just let me know what is up....

Wulfy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:15 pm

Ardrake
alright departure for Glanghant has been delayed to 8h30 ish

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:45 pm

Ozgafen
You can count me in as well. I should be there before 8:30. By the way, do we have a healer?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:47 pm

Ardrake
So here we go!! after a later start then expected around 9h30 off we go into the Glinghant Instance part 1 of 3 of the Annuminas fights!

Myself, Syro, Wulfsmark, Lee, Palehorseman, and a guest healer Cevinion, head out into the unknown.

It was a fun adventure and the healer/caster found out the hard way that they would be silenced quite often!

Good points
Interesting puzzle to open the doors
manageable fights but by no means easy
Ardrake learned not to DF out of instance....

Bad point
Instance bugged - no fight of boss

all in all, its not a bad instance, if only we could fight the end boss!

Thanks to all who partook in this adventure! I definitavly want to do this again and complete the quest to get the credit for it, and the unique barter item of course.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:00 pm

Ozgafen
Sounded like fun, sorry I missed it but an unforseen family issue arrose and my time was limited. Wish the boss encounter had worked for you guys though. :blank:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:07 pm

Ardrake
Im going in again this evening 27Oct07)forming a group to go complete these instance, if you interested it will be around 8h30 PM

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:44 pm

sidewinder
Arg I wont be in tonight :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:08 pm

Jeredoc
I'm interested in checking out those areas as well. The armour itself doesn't interest me so much (function over form for me) but this bow will complete my arsenal of weapons.

Right now I use [Bow of the Hunt], [Ornate Black Ash Bow],
[Fortified Black Ash Bow] and [Jarnhart] so I'm only missing a Beleriand damage type weapon.

Return to “Lord of the Rings”