Bye from Bo

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

Bye from Bo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:30 pm

Lazlo Hollyfeld
i started a thread in the general forum about a year ago asking people when they thought a new game was going to come out that would be better than wow (of which i was a huge fan). that question (at least for me) has clearly been answered. lotro has been incredibly fun from the very beginning. while the story has been excellent, and the gameplay superb and getting better with each update (hats off to turbine), by far the most fun for me has come from the adventures, chats, and laughs i've had with people in this kin. i've been a member of ssx since it started, and the ssc for several years before that and partied up with fellow ssx(c)ers in diablo II, swg, coh, ddo, guildwars, and of course, wow and had lots of fun in all. but lotro has been my best mmo experience yet.

that being said, bo is retired. he has liquidated all his assets, including putting trusty old shadowfaxprintercopier out to pasture. he has paid off all his debts with interest (if he owed you money, the gold is in your mailbox), donated a little extra to pro-coney charities, and given the rest to the kin leader for the betterment of the kin....it wasnt much since bo had been doing nothing but crafting for the last week...but should cover several rounds of barliman's.

in particular i'll miss the fun talks about the seventies (like sealab 2020), tolkien trivia, and other stuff with people that i know would be really good friends if we knew each other in real life.

alas, 3 months is far too short a time to live among such excellent and admirable people. i don't know half of you half as well as i should like; and i like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. i, uh, i h-have things to do. i've put this off for far too long. i regret to announce this is the end. I am going now. until we meet again, i bid you all a very fond farewell.
"you see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. you're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. where can you go from there? where?"
-nigel tufnel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:49 pm

Syro
You are an honorable gent with lots of wit, charm, and Barliman's! I know you will be greatly missed. :(

A toast...

"May you find much success and happiness on your journey. And may your belly be always full of Barliman's Best until we meet again!"

Peace, friend.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:59 pm

Buzz
Say it ain't so, Bo! :(

Um...did Diablo III come out? :D
Fjornin - dorf punching bag

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:03 pm

Revonator
Alas! You shall be missed! Though I didnt know you long, the short time I did was a pleasure.

Farewell :)
"Mains" Revonator- lvl 60 Captain, Thorrz - lvl 60 Guardian, Hushai lvl 60 Champion, Revonater - lvl 60 Minstrel, Melwinn -lvl 49 Hunter
Kinship:~Defenders of the Greyflood~ Creeps: Revnakh- R5 Warg, Squatch - R6 WL, Squatchk - R6 BA, Squatckh - R4 Reaver
"Alter Egos" Revgar: Captian Leader and Founder of the kinship Training Dummies ~ Elrond: Elf Champion and member of Training Dummies

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:52 pm

LOTRO_Lee
Revonator wrote:Alas! You shall be missed! Though I didnt know you long, the short time I did was a pleasure.

Farewell :)
Ditto. Hate to see you leave Bo - best wishes.

Lee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:31 pm

Maiawen
How does one minstrel say so long to another minstrel? (No it is not a joke) By singing a song. Bo, I think you will know this one.......you can sing or hum along. (Using Bob Hope's Theme Song)

Thanks for the Memory
Of helping with a quest
Sharing a Barliman's Best
And who can forget
Your trivia tests
They really added zest
We thank you so much

Good Luck Bo!

Mariwen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:41 pm

Inquisitor
Thats great Mari :)
No signature

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:35 am

Eli
I am not only going to miss our Tolkien trivia exchanges, but your presence in the game overall. I hope in the near future we play some other MMO together. By the way, there is always City of Heroes and Villains. :)

Take care.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:53 pm

Wulfsmark
:( Sorry to see you go.... now you will never know if I am your sister!!!

Good Luck.... Always have fun.... Enjoy life no matter what... it is the only life we have!!!

Wulfy :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:13 pm

Ardrake
Best wishes and good luck to you Bo
" He who aims at nothing hits it with remarkable success ! "

Return to “Lord of the Rings”