Helegrod - Volunteers Needed

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

Helegrod - Volunteers Needed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:19 pm

Syro
We need volunteers who are dying to explore Helegrod. Literally. Who is up to the challenge and willing to start exploration as a small raid? Sign up here!

It would be nice to take a group of willing victims this weekend if we have enough people available.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:37 pm

Ozgafen
Sounds like fun, but only if Bink is there at least part of the time to revel in the death toll!

If I am on you can count me in.
Ozgafen Level 50 Champion (GM Tailor, GM Prospector & GM Forrester)
Warin Level 49 Guardian (GM Metalsmith, GM Prospector & Tailor)
Runescryer Level 15 Lore Master (GM Scholar, GM Farmer, Weaponsmith)
Nicknack Level 12 Burgler (GM Jeweller, GM Cook, GM Prospector)
Jhona Level 6 Bank/AH Mule. I mean Hunter (what ever woodcrafters do)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:53 pm

LOTRO_Lee
Put Flea on the list...

Lee :cool:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:46 pm

gandalor
I'll be there, you know how much I like to die :p
WHY???? WHYYYYYYYYY?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:05 pm

Eli
Count me in. We should schedule a date and time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:05 pm

Wulfsmark
I think this post was for last weekend... but since we are getting more volunteers.... I would like to go next time too!!! Just hope I can be online at the time!!! :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:11 pm

LOTRO_Lee
Count me in.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:53 pm

Syro
Awesome! :lol:

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate all your participation!

We took a small raid into Helegrod to test the snow, and I believe we managed to kill everyone except for Bink at the second encounter. Yes! We got our feet wet... in our own blood! It was fun.

Now that we have had a chance to sample Helegrod, it's obvious that a new strategy is in order. It is definitely a 24-person raid, and I am not sure how wise it would be for us to lead 3 inexperienced Kinships into Helegrod "to explore." I think we should make an effort (individually and collectively) to join PuG's until we can gain more experience.

For the thrill of adventure, I dont mind leading a group of willing explorers (aka victims) to their slaughter if they are SSX; but, I am not comfortable leading folks outside of our tight friendship into a potentially bad gaming experience with SSX.

What do you all think? Anyone willing to join Syro and/or Bink on PuG runs in Helegrod?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:52 pm

LOTRO_Lee
Count me in for the PUG as well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:18 am

Wulfsmark
I am in... and I agree with the raiding with other kinships thing you said!! Maybe we could do a different raid somewhere to get our feet wet with other kinships.... umm if there are raids elsewhere... are there raids elsewhere besides the spider one????? hmmmm ... well if there is it would be a good idea to do that!!!! That would be terrible if they thought we led them to slaughter just to watch them die... and Bink would still be alive and then they would see him laughing and putting his thumbs up :thumb: ... ohhhhhh that would be horrific!!! no no no... PUGS though... arghhh i have gotten spoilt!!!!

I am in!!!! Always... man I hope I am on when we go....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:11 pm

Ozgafen
I managed to show up late for the first try at Helegrod. I got there just in time to see everyone run out screaming. I would like to participate however so please post a schedule on when these raids would get organized, pug or not.
Ozgafen Level 50 Champion (GM Tailor, GM Prospector & GM Forrester)
Warin Level 49 Guardian (GM Metalsmith, GM Prospector & Tailor)
Runescryer Level 15 Lore Master (GM Scholar, GM Farmer, Weaponsmith)
Nicknack Level 12 Burgler (GM Jeweller, GM Cook, GM Prospector)
Jhona Level 6 Bank/AH Mule. I mean Hunter (what ever woodcrafters do)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:05 pm

LOTRO_Lee
Any update on doing a Helegrod raid with another kin?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:27 pm

Syro
Syro wrote:Now that we have had a chance to sample Helegrod, it's obvious that a new strategy is in order. It is definitely a 24-person raid, and I am not sure how wise it would be for us to lead 3 inexperienced Kinships into Helegrod "to explore." I think we should make an effort (individually and collectively) to join PuG's until we can gain more experience.

For the thrill of adventure, I dont mind leading a group of willing explorers (aka victims) to their slaughter if they are SSX; but, I am not comfortable leading folks outside of our tight friendship into a potentially bad gaming experience with SSX.

What do you all think? Anyone willing to join Syro and/or Bink on PuG runs in Helegrod?
I saw one PuG attempt last Friday for Helegrod. It never materialized.

We had an invite to join a kin last Tuesday but when I told them it was definitely a 24-person raid from the beginning... they got back to me and decided not to go.

I speak frequently with leaders of other kins, and it seems that the whole server is experiencing a down time. Only the diehard gamers and farmers are playing consistently atm. A new school year is part of the reason, but the end-game content went from being a nightmare challenge (plagued with a few bad! bugs and incredibly painful drop rates) to way too easy. (For example, no runs to CD anymore - the whole area between Himbar and CD is now ignored completely, and we no longer make 6-10 runs to CD to get 1 slime - we make 1 run to get 1 person the slime.)

Lee, Helegrod is not happening right now. It's a great time to work on crafting and alts.

Thanks for asking about it!

Return to “Lord of the Rings”