Helgcham Slaughter Fest starting on 8/21 at 7:30 PM Central

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

Helgcham Slaughter Fest starting on 8/21 at 7:30 PM Central

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:35 pm

Syro
Faernath wrote:Helgcham, Helgcham, Helgcham!
Given the changes to the drop rate & the 3 day lockout, a well-timed CD run for the putrid :puke: slime is in order!
Let's do it tonight!! :)

Be there or be Image

The patch notes explicitly state that "Class Quest trophies from Carn Dum and Urugarth are now a 100% drop from the appropriate bosses" but don't specify as to whether that drop is 1 for each who needs it, or is a rollable drop.
Tonight 8/21 at 7:30 PM Central / 8:30 PM Eastern the slaughter of Helgcham will commence.

Syro's camp site location is at the entrance to the Carn Dum instance. It will remain there until everyone gets the drop(s) that they need in CD for their class quest and/or get the kills for CD quest updates. What does this mean? It means Syro will be porting full parties right to the CD instance.

If we can do 2 groups, then lets do 2 groups. Dwar, Sidewinder, and Syro have the Ornate Grate Key so we could do 3 groups to kill Helgcham.

Helgcham will be the priority for tonight. Lots of peeps need it for their class quests (hunters, captains, and lore masters). We will keep it simple - "KILL THE OCTOPUS!"

I will also be running Bink through the entire CD instance sometime this week (maybe weekend) so everyone who needs to finish CD quests can do that as well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:16 pm

Syro
If you are a hunter, captain, or lore master, please make sure that you have your pre-req gathering stuff finished prior to 7:30 PM Central tonight so we can form teams appropriately. We want to make sure that Putrid Slime is a requirement in your quest before killing Helgcham.

If we have to form one team tonight and another tomorrow night or another this weekend, that's okay as well.

Once we kill the Octopus for the Putrid Slime, those members will have a 3-day lock on the Octupus and will not be able to join other teams for the kill until the lock expires. They will be free to do other parts of CD but not the Octopus or any other bosses we kill.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:13 am

Syro
A beautiful lesson in leadership...

The leadership team is 0/6 on Putrid Slime. Unknown fellowship crasher is 1/1. Our faithful Revonator is 1/1. And our beloved Jeredoc is 1/1.

Dwar, Mariwen, Eli, Faernath, Lee, and Sidewinder, thank you so much for your continued efforts and determination to assist the kinship! It is fitting that Jeredoc won it tonight, but the next bone will be for one of you to gnawl.

Jeredoc, big congratulations!!! :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:12 pm

LOTRO_Lee
I do not need the "Putrid Slime" but will be glad to assist those who need it.

Lee :cool:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:52 pm

Ozgafen
I'll help as well. If I'm on just give me a yell and if I can commit to the time required to finish the task I'll be there with bells on!
Ozgafen Level 50 Champion (GM Tailor, GM Prospector & GM Forrester)
Warin Level 49 Guardian (GM Metalsmith, GM Prospector & Tailor)
Runescryer Level 15 Lore Master (GM Scholar, GM Farmer, Weaponsmith)
Nicknack Level 12 Burgler (GM Jeweller, GM Cook, GM Prospector)
Jhona Level 6 Bank/AH Mule. I mean Hunter (what ever woodcrafters do)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:07 pm

Syro
Bink will do at least one CD or URU run this weekend. If we have enough people interested in it, we can do two CD instances. It would be cool to see two CD teams that are a mixed bag of veteran CD folks and people just starting CD who need to finish quests.

Ardrake and Syro can both port full teams to the CD instance, so travel time will be nil.

Please let me know what you think.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:31 pm

Ozgafen
I am very much interested in an Uru run since I still need the Tally-Stick, Sigil of War and the Flawless Scale. Plus I picked up a quest to skin some wargs in there.

I have never been to CD but do have two quests for there as well. One is the freeing the spirits which should be done in Fornost however. I will try to get The Heart of the Water quest so I get credit when we kill the Octopi.

Any chance either of these two runs will take place tonight? I may not be on Sat or Sun and tonight (Fri) might be my only shot at having any fun this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:46 pm

Ozgafen
I just went and read the quest chain that leads up to Heart of the Waters.

You mean to tell me that the Foul Water I collected and the Source I am about to Discover are from Helgcham? You mean to say that those pools and the river are his SEPTIC TANK!?!?!?!?!?

*BLECH*

No wonder you insta-die when you go to take a dip in the green river.

We need to plug this things hole for sure and stop the putrification of our world!

For the record I still need to do Discovering the Source and Further Upstream before I get the final quest to find/kill Helgcham. I should be able to knock them out with an assitant or two so it can get done quickly, fighting my way into where the pools are is a bit of a treck for just one toon.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:40 pm

El Oso
Ozgafen wrote:I still need to do Discovering the Source and Further Upstream before I get the final quest to find/kill Helgcham. I should be able to knock them out with an assitant or two so it can get done quickly, fighting my way into where the pools are is a bit of a treck for just one toon.
Since this is my first on-call week w/this client, I don't know what my night is going to look like tonight; but if I'm on & available I'll help you out! (If I'm not, rest assured I'm working & miserable :) )

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:14 pm

Syro
Ozzy, I won't be online tonight until around 10 PM Central time. It would be nice to do a late 2 hour Uru run... we could kill everything that you need in a few hours but not sure if we will have a minstrel for instance running when I log.

We might be able to do Help from the South and the Champion of Minas quests. Do you have any of those yet? Bink needs those and we wouldn't be dependent on a healer... even though a healer would be awesome. Lee said that he would help us with those tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:16 pm

Syro
Faernath wrote:
Ozgafen wrote:I still need to do Discovering the Source and Further Upstream before I get the final quest to find/kill Helgcham. I should be able to knock them out with an assitant or two so it can get done quickly, fighting my way into where the pools are is a bit of a treck for just one toon.
Since this is my first on-call week w/this client, I don't know what my night is going to look like tonight; but if I'm on & available I'll help you out! (If I'm not, rest assured I'm working & miserable :) )
It's more important to play with your friends than to be miserable doing that 4-letter word that I will not repeat! :shaking: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:22 pm

LOTRO_Lee
Put me on the list for the 10 PM CST URU run with Bink. How could I turn down an URU run with the Binkster?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:49 pm

Ozgafen
Color me there!

Syro-

I do have both of those quests so we should have plenty to choose from.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:14 pm

Buzz
I'm pretty sure I can make a 10:00 URU run, so count me in if there's room.
Fjornin - dorf punching bag

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:23 pm

Buzz
Ozgafen wrote:For the record I still need to do Discovering the Source and Further Upstream before I get the final quest to find/kill Helgcham. I should be able to knock them out with an assitant or two so it can get done quickly, fighting my way into where the pools are is a bit of a treck for just one toon.
I need to do Discovering the Source as well...I should be on by around 9pm tonight if you want to give that a go. :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:28 pm

Ozgafen
9pm EST or CST? I'm East Coast.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:20 pm

Buzz
Ozgafen wrote:9pm EST or CST? I'm East Coast.
CST...I'm Midwest. :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:08 am

Syro
Syro wrote:A beautiful lesson in leadership...

The leadership team is 0/6 on Putrid Slime. Unknown fellowship crasher is 1/1. Our faithful Revonator is 1/1. And our beloved Jeredoc is 1/1.

Dwar, Mariwen, Eli, Faernath, Lee, and Sidewinder, thank you so much for your continued efforts and determination to assist the kinship!
Leadership team is now 1/7. Grats Faernath! You deserved it. Next one is yours, Eli. :)

Dwar thanks for leaving Dwarg in the kennel tonight. You rock.

And Gandalor thank you for coming to the finale with us. You are a great friend!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:38 pm

El Oso
Syro wrote:Leadership team is now 1/7. Grats Faernath! You deserved it. Next one is yours, Eli. :)

Dwar thanks for leaving Dwarg in the kennel tonight. You rock.

And Gandalor thank you for coming to the finale with us. You are a great friend!
Thanks Syro & thanks for the repeated runs, all.
I have every intent of going back in there to get the slime for Syro, Eli & anyone else who needs it.

The legendary reward I received is a 5min buff (w/1 minute timer so I can keep it on constantly) which gives +50 to all stats for all members of the party. Very useful!

My on-call week is over as of tomorrow (for this month, at least) & my normal schedule of uninterrupted play-time will resume. Sorry I had to bail on the castle!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:12 pm

Syro
I think some peeps want to get slime again tonight. I won't be online until about 8 PM Central, and Mariwen volunteered to organize the troops for marching.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:33 pm

Syro
We have folks wanting to do CD tonight, and Mariwen is still the one organizing it. Please talk with her ;D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:22 pm

LOTRO_Lee
I think some of the kin want to run URU as well...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:44 pm

Ozgafen
URURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did someone say Uru?!?!?!?

Bad news is I should not be on tonight. Doh!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:17 pm

El Oso
Ozgafen wrote:Bad news is I should not be on tonight. Doh!
Note he said SHOULD.

as in, "I SHOULD not be here but i AM."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:27 pm

Ozgafen
You must be living inside my head because that is EXACTLY what I meant! And here I was thinking that irritation in there was just waxy build-up.. :smack:

Return to “Lord of the Rings”