gIVE fARON ur hIDES!!!111eleven

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

gIVE fARON ur hIDES!!!111eleven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:59 am

Aesir
Greetings Brethren and Sisthren:

My name is Faron as far as you know, and I do things with dead animal skins.

But I can also make light and medium armours, cloaks, herald armaments and burglar tools!

Folks wearing poopy armour and wanting to be fashionable like the French should definitely give me all of your hides. Why you ask? Why should I give Faron my hides? Well, read on to see!

It's because I asked nicely. So, do we have a deal?

Ok, I see that some of you are skeptical about the whole idea. Rejoice, oh skeptical ones - because I, fARON, have an answer for all of your concerns!

I'm into my tier 4 tailor mastery and see that I can make killer crafted stuff that is often better than the quest rewards and hand-me-down rejects most of you are wearing. I know this because when you're not looking, I've been inspecting your characters, looking up various kilts, skirts, etc. And let me tell you, I am NOT happy with what I'm seeing.

Tier 1 through 3 I've mastered - if you've got the hots for low-mid level armour that will carry you forward a few levels, send me a note in game and I'll get details on the rares required for any one-shot recipes you may have managed to loot.
  • Level 31 and 35 pieces require pristine hides and polished adamants.
    Level 42 and 47 pieces require exceptional hides and polished beryls.
If your class requires light or medium armours, keep your eyes out for "Superb Radiant" (light armour) and "Superb Galadhrim" (medium armour) one-shot recipes (Level 47 required to wear) and the following rares:

Light Armour
Superb Radiant Armour/ Colnor's Scale
Superb Radiant Boots / Sagrurz's Tooth
Superb Radiant Gloves/ Snowback's Claw
Superb Radiant Hat/ Hoartusk's Horn
Superb Radiant Leggings/ Colnor's Scale
Superb Radiant Shoulder Guards/ Achathling's Mandible
Superb Radiant Cloak/ Hoartusk's Horn

Each piece, aside from the indicated rare trophy above, requires:
48 Exceptional Hides
4 Polished Beryls (Jeweller product, made from 3 Beryls each or a total of 12 Beryls)
6 Bolts of Elven Cloth (NPC Expert Tailor purchase)

Lethal Sharp Dread Turtle Webbed Claws increase critical success chances for sub-components (only), possibly saving on total number of hides and Beryls required.

Medium Armour
Superb Galadhrim Armour/ Colnor's Scale
Superb Galadhrim Boots / Sagrurz's Tooth
Superb Galadhrim Gloves/ Snowback's Claw
Superb Galadhrim Helm/ Hoartusk's Horn
Superb Galadhrim Leggings/ Colnor's Scale
Superb Galadhrim Shoulder Guards/ Achathling's Mandible

Each piece, aside from the indicated rare trophy above, requires:
60 Exceptional Hides
4 Polished Beryls (Jeweller product, made from 3 Beryls each or a total of 12 Beryls)

Lethal Sharp Dread Turtle Webbed Claws increase critical success chances for sub-components (only), possibly saving on total number of Exceptional Hides and/or Beryls required.

* Critical success on these recipes nets the Exquisite version of these armours - probably the top sets in the game at the moment.

Herald Armaments or Advanced Burglar Tools your thing? I have the recipes, we want "Shaggy Aurochs Tails" for a crit bonus chance on the level 40 armaments and tools.

Bottom line? You bring the materials, I bring the crazyMadKnittingSkillz. You get the French Hawt Coatours (or whatever that phrase is) and a chance to stop retreating from battle (you nubs) and I get tier mastery and become RICH BEYOND MY WILDEST DREAMS *cough* I mean, I get to help out my fellow guildies by making better stuff for their comfort and enjoyment.
Last edited by Aesir on Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
-sir

Faron Adan: Hunter, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:01 pm

Syro
Sometimes, I think I can see right through myself. Sometimes, I think I can see right through myself. Sometimes, I think I can see right through myself!

:smack: :eek: :lol:

What is going on here? haha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:21 pm

Aesir
Syro wrote:What is going on here? haha
To clarify, the original post I drafted said:

"I need pristine and exceptional hides to complete tier 4 and tier mastery for Tailoring. Tailors make light and medium armour, as well as cloaks, burglar tools, and herald armaments. If you provide the materials for those items, there's a fair chance that I can improve upon what you've already got (at least from what I've seen).

This helps me to master tailor, and helps you spend less time at the retreat circles -- instead of turning in your Carn Dum and Helegrod quest/raid rewards."

It wasn't as fun to write that up, so I went with the gIVE fARON ur hIDES version.
-sir

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:42 pm

El Oso
Aesir wrote:To clarify, the original post I drafted said
To simplify,
All your hides are belong to Faron.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:30 pm

Syro
Faernath wrote:
Aesir wrote:To clarify, the original post I drafted said
To simplify,
All your hides are belong to Faron.
Stop! Put down the down the backpack and walk away from the hides!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:50 pm

Aesir
Progress Report:
Master Artisan Tailor! Thanks to a combination of factors (mostly boils down to us working together towards this single goal) I can make the best crafted armour up through level requirements of L35.

To do:
The long and winding road towards Tier 5 mastery begins. To date, I've amassed 37 Exceptional Hides and boiled them down for components.

Master requires about 1500 more depending upon whether or not I make anything useful to anyone or just grind the hides down for maximum XP.

Mastery won't happen overnight - but every little bit helps.

Open Projects:
1) Make Sidey a Pimped Out Low-Level Machine
Sidey is at L20 and I race to get an L21 Medium set made in time for his 21st birthday. Thanks to a pending recipe donation, I'm about to make the 3rd (of 7 planned) pieces. I can buy/gather needed Sturdy Hides (for the most part, I'm done), but can use Large Warg Tails (trophy drop from Ost Guruth region Wargs) to improve chances of critical success.

Needed resources:
Large Warg Tails (I've got bids on all the AH ones and have found 5 so far).
Recipes: Reinforced Sturdy Leather Gloves, Helm, Leggings. I've bid on all the AH ones already, but if you find them in loot, great!
Maybe a few more Sturdy Hides.
Please include the text "Pimp Sidey" in any donation emails.

2) Make Palehorseman Fashionable Like The French
Pale's Light Armour is alternately described as "a pillow-case" and "crap". Both descriptions are correct. He's still hanging on to his Archet gear. In RL, he's probably still wearing his Superman Underoos too. Anyway, he's at L45 and needs love.

Long-term project requires 168 Exceptional Hides and 14 Polished Beryls (42 unpolished). Donations to this project should include in the following within the message body:
"Make Pale fashionable like The French!"

3) OMG Mari's Shoulder Pads are TOO BIG
Mariwen's shoulder pads - despite spending all of her game time with the A-Team grinding for loot, fame and fortune (see: Sappy Star Elites topic) are abhorrently out of fashion with the latest trends from Paris.

Short term project requires 60 Exceptional Hides and 12 beryls (or 4 polished beryls). Donations to this project should include the following words within the message body:
"Mari's Shoulder Pads are Soooo 5 minutes ago!"

Please contact me in game or here if you wish to initiate a project for yourself or another kin member.
-sir

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:04 pm

Wulfsmark
Like you are the only Tailor :smack: :confused: :D

I refuse to send you my HIDES!!!

Now what?

:p

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:08 pm

Aesir
Wulfsmark wrote:Like you are the only Tailor :smack: :confused: :D

I refuse to send you my HIDES!!!

Now what?

:p
You write a post like I did to become fashionable like the French, silly.

Also, what tier are you because I can help you with components and hides.
-sir

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:23 pm

Wulfsmark
:eek: Okay, now I feel bad.... well not really... but I am tier 999.... so can you help me?.... :thumb:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:33 pm

Aesir
Attention:

The gIVE fARON ur hIDES!!!111eleven Programme is on hold whilst management determines whether or not I'll be travelling for the next 7 months.

Thank you for participation to date, as the programme was a success through Tier 4 tailor.

If I do find that I'm gone for that length of time, I'll hop in to re-distribute unused materials. I'd like a kinship to come back to though, so feel free to keep me on the rolls. In any case, I'll know more in the next week or so.
-sir

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:16 pm

Revonator
FARON, I was asking about you lately. Keep us informed. :)
"Mains" Revonator- lvl 60 Captain, Thorrz - lvl 60 Guardian, Hushai lvl 60 Champion, Revonater - lvl 60 Minstrel, Melwinn -lvl 49 Hunter
Kinship:~Defenders of the Greyflood~ Creeps: Revnakh- R5 Warg, Squatch - R6 WL, Squatchk - R6 BA, Squatckh - R4 Reaver
"Alter Egos" Revgar: Captian Leader and Founder of the kinship Training Dummies ~ Elrond: Elf Champion and member of Training Dummies

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:16 pm

Syro
You have been missed! Hope to see you soon. :(

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:31 pm

Wulfsmark
Okay, when are you going to tell us the news.... I come here an check everycouple of days and nothing... Well? :confused: :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:41 am

Syro
Wulfsmark wrote:Okay, when are you going to tell us the news.... I come here an check everycouple of days and nothing... Well? :confused: :rolleyes:
I saw him on the forums a few days ago. But he didn't post. Can someone please start a rumor about him, so he knows we miss him? I would but all I can envision is an island with beautiful women and Faron smiling his cheesy grin. :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:38 pm

Aesir
Your killing me, Syro. Island of beauties it ain't - as soon as my background check + security clearance passes, I'm off to the Army Reserves...The afore-mentioned "management" is Uncle Sam.

30 weeks = 9 BCT + 18 AIT + 3 ABN... (Basic Training, Advanced Individual Training and Airborne training). Didn't want to say anything until it's official (and it's still not) but I wanted to curtail the rumours :p

So that doesn't answer why I'm not around (in-game, at least, though I do still read the forums every couple of days). Well, I've been spending time with family, sorting out the seemingly endless list of details I need to take care of so that things are taken care of while I am gone, and prepping myself physically/mentally for what will definitely be a tough challenge for me (I'm no spring chicken, ya know).

Anyway, I fully intend to get a) one more level on my character, and b) some more hIDES!111! before I go. Maybe tomorrow afternoon - the wife might be taking the kids on a play-date Saturday for a few hours.
-sir

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:48 am

Syro
Whew! I am glad to hear that the babes are still waiting for me to discover them.

I am also glad that you decided to share with us, brother. Love and respect from me to you. Hooyah! :smack: :thumb:

Grace and peace to you!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:40 am

Wulfsmark
Glad to hear you are okay!!! I hope everything works out for you... and I think we will all be here when you get back!!!

Take Care!!

See ya soon

Wulfy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:05 pm

LOTRO_Lee
Thank you for your service for our country. Look forward to seeing you when you get back.

Lee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:47 pm

Revonator
Ditto what Lee said.

I am thankful for your service my friend.

I miss my hunter friend though (and I SO BEAT YOU TO 50) :lol:
"Mains" Revonator- lvl 60 Captain, Thorrz - lvl 60 Guardian, Hushai lvl 60 Champion, Revonater - lvl 60 Minstrel, Melwinn -lvl 49 Hunter
Kinship:~Defenders of the Greyflood~ Creeps: Revnakh- R5 Warg, Squatch - R6 WL, Squatchk - R6 BA, Squatckh - R4 Reaver
"Alter Egos" Revgar: Captian Leader and Founder of the kinship Training Dummies ~ Elrond: Elf Champion and member of Training Dummies

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:35 pm

Aesir
Revonator wrote:I miss my hunter friend though (and I SO BEAT YOU TO 50) :lol:
See, this is why I can't play... I knew I was going to lose the race to 50!

Anyway, my ship date is pushed to Oct 17th (well, I'll be leaving home on the 16th). The revised start date pushes back my return from April to May of next year. On the plus side, I've a new army backpack loaded with cool USAR swag. Such as the DVD presentation that explains how sore my muscles are going to be. And the rule about no cigarettes. I just got a call a couple of hours ago from my future unit so I'm heading out to their location tomorrow to meet folks and to start my "in-processing".

Anyway, I still intend to get into the game before I go but for some reason I'm finding it very difficult to do so knowing that things will be very different when I return. I've been considering rolling a new character, as well, but I'll make that decision when I get back. Say Hi to Dorkzhor teh Br4v3 for me.
-sir

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:29 am

Revonator
Aesir wrote:
Revonator wrote:I miss my hunter friend though (and I SO BEAT YOU TO 50) :lol:
See, this is why I can't play... I knew I was going to lose the race to 50!

Anyway, my ship date is pushed to Oct 17th (well, I'll be leaving home on the 16th). The revised start date pushes back my return from April to May of next year. On the plus side, I've a new army backpack loaded with cool USAR swag. Such as the DVD presentation that explains how sore my muscles are going to be. And the rule about no cigarettes. I just got a call a couple of hours ago from my future unit so I'm heading out to their location tomorrow to meet folks and to start my "in-processing".

Anyway, I still intend to get into the game before I go but for some reason I'm finding it very difficult to do so knowing that things will be very different when I return. I've been considering rolling a new character, as well, but I'll make that decision when I get back. Say Hi to Dorkzhor teh Br4v3 for me.
Hey man, you keep yourself safe! I will keep you in my prayers.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:30 pm

Syro
We miss you, friend! Please stay in touch!! :(

Return to “Lord of the Rings”