new games

Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Halo 2, Test Drive Unlimited, you name it, we play it.

Moderator: Global Moderators

new games

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:55 am

Inquisitor
I have been playing a lot of CoD MW2. But, we opened presents early, so my new haul (combo Xmas and Bday) is:

AC2
Dragon Age
Halo 3 ODST
Forza 3.

Which should keep me busy for a while.
No signature

Re: new games

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:31 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Dragon Age alone will keep you busy for weeks. AC2 is also very good and has a lot of content should you choose to take up the optional 'quests' too :)

Nice haul overall!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:36 am

M.Steiner
I didn't ask for many games this year actually, more Blu-ray movies & some other stuff. If I get Dragon Age I'll be very happy though, all our presents are sat under the tree atm so no idea what I'm getting yet hehe. I shall update tomorrow :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:18 pm

M.Steiner
Forza3 looks great, I'll probably get it at some point but I usually get bored with any type of car games after a while so isn't high on my priority list. :)
As for MW2, 60hrs on MW2 for me & that's not including the singleplayer/spec-ops and I feel like I've hardly played it so far heh. Ava's been on it a lot more, over 160hrs lol. Good purchase for sure ^^

Anyway, I got Dragon Age :D and playing as a Dwarf Noble, Warrior! (whom I'm told looks ridiculous haha). Got my bro a copy of it for Christmas too. Must say that the game is pretty overwhelming at first with so many dialogue options, skills & everything. Not far in (just past the end of my origin story) but it looks fantastic so far. Very happy to see I got a couple of codes for free DLC inside the box as well which I wasn't expecting.
Ava also got AC2 so I'll be able to play that at some point in the future I'm sure. Neither of us ever finished the first one (I'll go back to it some point) since the main complaint we both had was that it was offputtingly repetitive when we looked past the graphics etc, but he seems to think the second is a big improvement on that with more things to do so that's good to hear.

Got some MS points for Rubber Soul - Album DLC for The Beatles Rock Band if nobody knows that, shame on you if so! One of the greatest albums ever :p. That's it for games but I wasn't really fussed about any others besides DA:O. Already have Darksiders and ME2 CE preordered for next month.

[Other than games I got some Blu-ray's/DVD's such as the new Blu-ray release of North By Northwest (Classic Hitchcock. My fav director besides Scorsese), couple of novels & a guitar book, a Blackadder boxset, some things I really needed & a few other goodies then a bit of cash. Put my cash towards the complete blu-ray boxset of Battlestar Galactica too which should be here Tue!]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:54 pm

Slacker
Attack of the twos for me... Far Cry 2, Fable 2 & Gears of War 2 (not that I've played the first ones in these series!). :)
<SSX-Anubis> Did you see the E3 trailer for Hot Pursuit btw?
<SSX-Anubis> That even has me a little tempted

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:48 pm

M.Steiner
Slacker wrote:(not that I've played the first ones in these series!). :)
Fable 2 starts 500 years after the first one and whilst you would benefit by playing the original game first and seeing how the world & its people have changed since the defeat of Jack of Blades, you should still be able to play the second & enjoy it, twould just add a little more depth & understanding of Albion. (You can get Fable The Lost Chapters for under 1110 now. - The Lost Chapters is the same as Fable1 but with extra quests, weapons, areas etc). Both Fable games are excellent though so hope you enjoy! :thumb:

Far Cry 2 is only really a sequel in name so it won't matter at all that you haven't played FC1. I loved the first, but I do think the second is a love it or hate it kinda game and it's completely different to the first. I never finished it as I got frustrated with a few things but hopefully I'll finish it one day.

GoW2 is a continuation of the original (few years after) so knowing what happened in the first would help but only slightly. That said, neither game has a very deep plot so it's not really essential. Neither games are amongst my fav 360 games either but for a fun shooter with some pretty good graphics, decent cover system & co-op if you're into that, they're still good games if you ask me and I did buy both & get some enjoyment out of them. They're just not ones to pick if you're expecting a riveting story hehe. :)

As for me, I'm thoroughly enjoying Dragon Age. Was just saying on IRC earlier, there haven't been many games over the last few years which have had me playing well into the night like this. Gonna have to get even more MS points for the DLC that's out next week lol. Very gripping, so much to do..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:54 am

Fenavian
Hey Ed if you need help in the campaign on ODST, let me know. I have stomped that one into the ground. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:47 pm

Inquisitor
That gets popped after I finish AC2 but before DA :)
No signature

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:24 pm

esd
I got Dirt2 and Assassin's Creed 2 :thumb:
Slacker wrote:Far Cry 2 [...] Gears of War 2
I have both, hit me up for some gunplay :)
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

Return to “Xbox Live”