Bargain Xbox Live Gold

Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Halo 2, Test Drive Unlimited, you name it, we play it.

Moderator: Global Moderators

Bargain Xbox Live Gold

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:31 pm

M.Steiner
Saw these links posted on a forum i lurk. I wasn't too sure about em at first what with them being so cheap but quite a few people on that forum seem to have bought from these without any probs so i thought i'd post em here for you guys too. Cheapest place i've seen them other than ebay. :)

Link1, Link2
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:29 pm

M.Steiner
Sorry to bump the thread, just wondering how the Brits (or EU) guys here pay for their live subscriptions. Do you buy from places like i posted above to get them cheaper or from more "official" shops?
The price difference between US/UK 12 Month subscribtion cards from reputable shops is damn crazy. $39 (25) from Amazon US, $54 (34) from Amazon UK, or even higher from GAME in the UK at $61 (40). o.O (Prices via credit card are nearly the same for both, looking at the wiki). Still tempted to buy from the sites i posted above since the UK 12+1 sub cards from there are way cheaper and are pretty much the same as the US ones on Amazon, but even though i've only really read positive feedback from them i'd still feel more comfortable buying from somewhere more well known heh. Experiences? :blank:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:58 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Though I don't and have never paid for Gold, should I ever be inclined to do so I would go with Amazon. Simply because I know them, trust them, and use them for everything else. I don't really like spreading my bank information out where it is not necessary to - but that is just me.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:45 pm

esd
I did once pay for GIR's via the credit-card option on the XBOX itself, however that starts a subscription that you cannot actually cancel without looking elsewhere on the web, finding their phone-number and calling them personally.

If you can sign-up online, you should be able to cancel online too.
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:01 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I think I remember Ed having problems finding the contact number you need to ring too. They seem to do a very good job of letting you subscribe, then deliberately hide the ways to unsubscribe.

I'd definately recommend anyone subscribing to Gold do it through the Pre-Pay Cards for that reason.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:25 pm

M.Steiner
Fire mentioned having the same problem the other day as well so i don't think i'll be using my card with them hehe.
As for the other sites, i wasn't really worried about the paying part of it Anny. They use the paypal system so i assume they're as secure as any other website that uses paypal. I had read one or two comments on the net saying not to buy the 12+1 cards as they would only work with a newly created account so it was that bit that had me wary/confused, that and someone mentioned having their account closed as someone else had contacted MS with the same code as them but they were able to scan the card they'd bought.. The majority of comments i've read have been positive though, just thought i'd see how you guys have payed before i made my mind up. :)
Have been having a ball with GTA4 MP since i got my console the other day (although i'm still crap lol, rank2 atm :p) and i can see myself enjoying CoD4s multiplayer as well so i've been thinking of buying a Live Gold card when i have some money spare, gonna miss it otherwise lol. Oh and Fable2's co-op has me intrigued as well.

Return to “Xbox Live”