GTAIV Gracefully taken achievement prob?

Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Halo 2, Test Drive Unlimited, you name it, we play it.

Moderator: Global Moderators

GTAIV Gracefully taken achievement prob?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:37 am

M.Steiner
Just wondering if any of you had any problems getting the "Gracefully taken" achievement?
You're supposed to get it by completing the "I'll take her" mission whilst progressing through the story. It's the one where you kidnap Gracie and take her to the first safehouse (she's trying to make you crash on the way).

I was just looking back at my achivement list earlier and noticed i haven't unlocked the achivement for that mission Oo. I remember doing that mission and i must have completed it because i also remember doing some other missions following that, where you slap her in the face to get her to look at you to take a photo, take her to another safehouse with her in the boot screaming, and later attempt to hand her over in exchange for diamonds. I've also just bumped into her on the street shouting i'd kidnapped her...

Anyone else had the same problem with the achivement not unlocking? I've had a search on google but couldn't find anything. Don't get many points for it as it's just part of the storyline but wasn't sure if it's a bug or whether i've done something wrong somehow. (Currently just finished the Entourage mission btw).
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:07 am

Anubis
Site Admin
The achievement unlocked fine for me, so I can only assume it bugged at the time or something. Do you have a save before that point that you could replay the mission on? If not it will likely unlock when you replay.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:42 am

M.Steiner
I don't, unfortunately. Not to worry though, i'll get it next time i replay like you say. Just as long as that achievement doesn't count towards getting 100% completion that i'm working towards on my current save. I've killed 180/200 pigeons for that so far and i'll be bloody mad if i've wasted my time cos i ain't going through THAT again lol. :)
(Nice to see you back btw Anny. :thumb:)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:55 am

Anubis
Site Admin

And you have more patience than I with the pigeons! Still can't bring myself to be bothered lol.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:09 pm

Inquisitor
This from the flag collector in AC?

Oi ;)
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:36 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Shhhhhh. AC didn't have the ability to go around running over pedestrians, taking part in police chases, and generally mucking around. It was the only minigame present :p

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:53 pm

Scorpius
Heh running over pedestrians now considered a minigame....... :lol:
Power Corrupts, Ultimate Power is Fun.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:26 am

esd
Scorpius wrote:Heh running over pedestrians now considered a minigame....... :lol:
It was in the original GTA on the PS - the Hari Krishnas. A nice long line of orange-dressed pedestrians, and you got a bonus if you managed to mow them all down in one go.

In the current GTA I try to paint my vehicles in pedestrian blood and see just how much coverage I can achieve. I do this by heading down to the promenade at the south tip of the middle island in a light-coloured car (police cars work really well). Then I go up and down it, forwards, backwards, sliding sideways, and see just how many splats I can cover my car in before the bonnet falls off.
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:30 pm

Ambush
esd wrote: I try to paint my vehicles in pedestrian blood and see just how much coverage I can achieve. I do this by heading down to the promenade at the south tip of the middle island in a light-coloured car (police cars work really well). Then I go up and down it, forwards, backwards, sliding sideways, and see just how many splats I can cover my car in before the bonnet falls off.

Been to the doctor lately?
:p :lol:
"Ambush, You Have deceived us! I'm gonna hunt you and your ship to the ends of the universe!" --SSC-Fahd "Ham Chronicles"

Return to “Xbox Live”