GTA4 Multiplayer

Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Halo 2, Test Drive Unlimited, you name it, we play it.

Moderator: Global Moderators

GTA4 Multiplayer

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:00 am

Anubis
Site Admin
How many of us are interested in playing GTA4 Multiplayer? I've got a free month to play it that came with the game, and I've just had a game with esd and had immense fun.

Lots of very funny kills/deaths, and pretty much chaos whenever we came together on the map.

It'd be great if a few of us could come together for a game, anyone interested?
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:09 am

esd
That was rather good when I mowed you down with the blades of my helicopter :D

This would be fantastic in an SSX-filled match :thumb:
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:04 am

Ambush
I was thinking about activating my free month also considering my gold expired a month ago. But the fact of my baby coming any day now sways this decision.
"Ambush, You Have deceived us! I'm gonna hunt you and your ship to the ends of the universe!" --SSC-Fahd "Ham Chronicles"

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:27 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Oh, you let Gold expire? I had you figured to keep it running to the ends of time, considering Gears 2 is planned ;)

Baby committments are understandable though - if you do activate it though yell out at us over Live and we'll sort something out :thumb:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:27 pm

Ambush
Anubis wrote:Oh, you let Gold expire? I had you figured to keep it running to the ends of time, considering Gears 2 is planned ;)
LOL :lol:

I was going to but noticed with everything going on I was a little busy and figured it would be a waste to purchase a year subscription at this time. I DO hope one day when everything starts to settle (sooner then later) I will be gettin gold again.

I am very excited about trying GTA4 online and to tell you the truth I havent even looked online at any reviews so it will be all new and "WHOA" when I get on that first time lol.

Have any of you guys got on lately with each other and tried the online play?
How was it?
"Ambush, You Have deceived us! I'm gonna hunt you and your ship to the ends of the universe!" --SSC-Fahd "Ham Chronicles"

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:02 pm

Inquisitor
Mine autorenews.
No signature

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:37 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Me and esd have played a few games now (and hopefully will play a few more over the next few weeks) and its very fun, but also very dependant on how you play.

Its very customisable, you can limit it to islands/areas on islands etc and play with two people upwards. We've only played Deathmatch, and we found that it was most fun when we stayed relatively close together and just let chaos reign. When I dropped into my usual role of using the whole of an island's terrain to suit me, drawing esd to me for the kills, it was less so. I killed him a lot more, but the killing isnt really the fun part.

In all, if you choose your server settings wisely and group up its hard not to have fun. Definately worth giving it a go when you get time.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:42 am

Inquisitor
I'll see if I can locate a copy this week. Been trying to avoid it ;)
No signature

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:39 am

Kon
So I rented GTA4, and played a few games of multi with esd. One Deathmatch and one Turf War. Deathmatch was fun, but a lot of time was basically wasted running from the cops. I liked the 16 player Turf War a lot better. People running around, the occasional car full of four or five people mowing them down, etc. Good stuff. I had to return the game on Sunday, but I will definitely be picking it up. Probably this weekend.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:14 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Kahn wrote:So I rented GTA4, and played a few games of multi with esd. One Deathmatch and one Turf War. Deathmatch was fun, but a lot of time was basically wasted running from the cops. I liked the 16 player Turf War a lot better. People running around, the occasional car full of four or five people mowing them down, etc. Good stuff. I had to return the game on Sunday, but I will definitely be picking it up. Probably this weekend.
You can turn the cops off in Deathmatch if you're hosting etc. The options as to what to enable and disable are actually very diverse, I was pretty impressed.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:39 pm

esd
Why did you bug out of the one I invited you to?

I sent you an invite... you join... I shoot you in the face... you leave. :confused:

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:20 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
esd wrote:Why did you bug out of the one I invited you to?

I sent you an invite... you join... I shoot you in the face... you leave. :confused:
I figured out that they had auto aim off (checked the options on my mobile right after you killed me). That means less chaos, because no-one can hit without the big weapons, and a lot more frustration when you can't hit anything - not fun for me.

Instead I started a massive game with auto aim on in Alderney, came out top of the server - 28 kills, 19 deaths. Much fun, probably going to play a few more of those later.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:23 pm

esd
I was the host you nit. Didn't you notice on the game-start screen? :p

And Auto-aim off? Of course. Auto-aim takes all the skill out of it ;D

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:26 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
esd wrote:I was the host you nit. Didn't you notice on the game-start screen? :p

And Auto-aim off? Of course. Auto-aim takes all the skill out of it ;D
Since I joined mid game I didn't get the game start screen, just got chucked right in ;)

And yeah, I don't play with auto aim off. No fun. Makes it a poor FPS affair, rather than a chaotic romp. Not got much interest in that. The chaos comes because the action is easy to make, having to spend a minute trying to get my pistol focused on you to hit, and being dead by the time I do, is not chaos - nor fun for me.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:52 pm

esd
Well you could have at least said :p

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:05 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
esd wrote:Well you could have at least said :p
I was going to invite you to my game, but I assumed you were having fun where you were - hence your invite. Since you were the host, I suppose that would be on the ball ;)

Return to “Xbox Live”