Bioshock

Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Halo 2, Test Drive Unlimited, you name it, we play it.

Moderator: Global Moderators

Bioshock

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:27 pm

Ambush
Anyone getting it or plan on to? I've got it on pre-order. Comes out Aug/21.
"Ambush, You Have deceived us! I'm gonna hunt you and your ship to the ends of the universe!" --SSC-Fahd "Ham Chronicles"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:54 pm

Inquisitor
I have it on my Gamefly list, so, I will at least play it :)
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:39 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Unfortunately the reviews and footage have completely put me off Bioshock. As I seem to keep saying, I find myself rather disturbed by the game to tell you the truth. I can't really explain it that well, since I've played games like Bloodlines and been fine with them, but those have dark worlds but don't really focus solely on killing insane dead people and/or the only people children care for.

The game looks brutal, and thats not really to my taste. Shame, but at least I can keep waiting for Mass Effect.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:39 am

Inquisitor
Did you try the demo?
No signature

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:34 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Nope, I'm going off reviews and trailer footage mainly. Like I said, thats put me off actually trying the demo :blank:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:52 pm

Inquisitor
Demo is free ;)
No signature

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:25 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
So I tried the demo to get my penis back and suffice to say it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The Little Sisters still disturb me, and I am having to constantly look over my shoulder lest something jump me like it did in Bloodlines, but overall it was enjoyable.

Odds are that I won't be buying it though. I am not an incredibly big fan of psychological horror stuff like that, and whilst the demo was more 'acceptable' to me than I thought, after playing through Stranglehold it really doesn't compare on the fun factor. A good shooter yes, but not really for me I think.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:29 am

Ambush
I bought it today. Im enjoying it for sure, it sorta is a "psychological horror".
"Ambush, You Have deceived us! I'm gonna hunt you and your ship to the ends of the universe!" --SSC-Fahd "Ham Chronicles"

Return to “Xbox Live”