Most Anticipated 07-08

Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Halo 2, Test Drive Unlimited, you name it, we play it.

Moderator: Global Moderators

Most Anticipated 07-08

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:00 am

Kon
Title says it all. What are you most looking foward to that is coming out this year or early next?

Must-Buy:
Mass Effect (Sep. 3, 07)
----BioWare's new RPG with awsome facial expressions and player alignment.
Age of Conan (Feb., 08)
----MMORPG based off the books with a focus on player cities and PvP. Coming to PC Oct. 30.
Tom Clancy's Endwar (2008)
----Small-scale (limited units) RTS made for consoles from the ground up. Persistant online wars ensure the game won't get old quick.
Halo 3 (Nov., 07)
----Bland shooter generates big hype. Other games empty. Must follow playerbase.

Buy after price drop:
Forza Motorsport 2 (May 29, 07)
----The first one was an amazing game, but I sucked at it. Like really badly sucking. So I don't know if I will actually enjoy this if I get it.
BioShock (Aug. 21, 07)
----System Shock...undersea.
Overlord (Jun. 26, 07)
----Evil version of Pikmin.
Mercenaries 2 (2007)
----I loved the first one. GTA clone, but involving actual wars, not gang wars. Lots of big bombs not in GTA (Hint: This means big explosions). Has a fully destructible environment.
Guitar Hero II (Now)
----Some of my friends say it's really awsome. I don't have a PS2 though, and the 360 version is $90. Damned guitar controller.
Grand Theft Auto IV (Oct. 16, 07)
----I've never really wanted to play the others. I know. Shoot me.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:17 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
First off, your Mass Effect date is wrong :p As BioWare and Microsoft keep saying, there is NO date set for release yet, and the head of the project at BioWare has openly stated it won't be at E3 (July) because it'll already be out by then. I am watching this closely, so I will yell when there is a date ;)

As for my list, in best first order....

Mass Effect (both 1 and 2, since I am hoping 2 will make it before Christmas 2008)
GTA4
Star Wars The Force Unleashed
Assassin's Creed
Alan Wake
The Last Remnant
Halo 3
Too Human

Thats all I can think of right now, but there are more, I'll add them as they come to me :)

Afterthought - KOTOR 3 goes without saying, but as of yet that doesnt have a date/official confirmation of existance, so I won't put that in the list :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:56 pm

Ambush
No important order or anything.

-Bioshock: Looks craaaaazy, download the trailer off the marketplace if you have yet too. Must grab.
-GTA4: It should be real good, right? shouldnt it? :sweat: I sure hope so. :D
- Call of Duty 4 MW: I all of a sudden loved the Call of Duty 3. I mean, just turn the surround sound up and wow....But no more WW2 sounds even better.
Mass Effect: Looks fun, and the date was pushed cause Best Buy is now saying 12/31/07 (not good lol)
-BlackSite: Area 51: Demo was intresting.

-Tom Clancy Endwar: I'm gonna have to see more of it before I make my decision.
-Too Human: heard hype, but wanna also learn more about it.
-Guitar Hero2: Nope never, but just telling Kahn GH3 comes out before Christmas 2007, yes, 2007.
-Halo 3: After I try the beta I'll figure if I'll get it or not.
-tar Wars The Force Unleashed: Heard about it, sounds good, but wanna see more.
"Ambush, You Have deceived us! I'm gonna hunt you and your ship to the ends of the universe!" --SSC-Fahd "Ham Chronicles"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:41 pm

Scorpius
The follow up Mass Effect games should come out a hell of a lot quicker than No 1 as they will have the game engine already in place.
AS it is My Must buys are exactly the same as Kahns.
Power Corrupts, Ultimate Power is Fun.

Return to “Xbox Live”