Direction

Moderators: EvE Moderators, Global Moderators

Direction

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:10 pm

NewportBox
Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong sub-forum, and add a request to move it to the correct one if so :)

My alt (Repudiated) will be moving to pocket and joining our ranks very shortly. I can fly Hulks on it so far, and am seeking advice on where to go from there. Do we currently have a shortage of JF / Rorq / Orca pilots? For that matter, would you like another? :lol:

I'd like to start training in whichever direction would be most helpful for the corp, because any of the current options I am seeing will take most likely over a month to train to.

Thanks,
Newport De La Box

Re: Direction

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:39 am

Stracius
We have a couple pilots that can fly JFs, though I think only 1 person in the corp owns one (4+ bil isk a pop). Couple Orca pilots, and same for Rorqs. Trouble is that Rorquals tend to need some pretty intense sub skills to be used properly, and they're not beneficial unless there's a moderate to large size mining op occurring. That being said, nothing should stop you from training what you wish; I'm not certain that any particular set of skills is in demand.

Try to get an idea of what you want to do with the pilot. You can't mine with him if you're sitting in a Rorq, or hauling with the Orca. Might consider training up Cyno Field Theory for those times that someone's in desperate need of a light, or just flesh out your engineering/mechanics/navigation skills to improve your ability to survive.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:25 pm

NewportBox
Thank you for the responce. I've decided to keep training my different ore processing skills, as well as begin training for a cloaky hauler atm :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:20 am

Stracius
Cloaky haulers are invaluable, especially as an industrial pilot. Good call.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:09 am

SL33PY
as for the reprocessing skills, get em up to 4, no need for 5's, since drechlas already has em :p you can always contract me your ore, i'll reprocess without fee

Also cloaky transports are the bomb. I had one, got it shot down due to silly me being stupid.

Viator is recommended, it'll let you train gallente industrial too, if you train that one up to V you can fly an iti Mk5 to haul ore as well (about 40k m³ cargo space in that one)

edit: good to see you strac :) hope to see ya ingame soon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:13 pm

NewportBox
Thanks for the offer to reprocess for me, funny enough I was just about to write a post asking who had good reprocessing / refining skills :lol:

Yup, cloaky hauler here I come! I'm training to fly a Viator first, mainly because the specs on it look great, and I have more skill levels in Gallente Industrial than the other races :)

On another (unrelated) note, it was great to see others from SS-X on the mining op, even if it did take me an hour to notice who you were lol :) I'm still getting used to names + alts lol.

Newport

Return to “EvE Online”