Sirius move proposal ...........

Moderators: EvE Moderators, Global Moderators

Sirius move proposal ...........

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:09 pm

Ozany
All wormhole explorers. I am contemplating moving the Sirius base of operations from our current system. After a few months in there, it is becoming readily apparent that a more mobile platform is where the real isk is waiting for us. Recently we have been linked to systems with as many as 6 grav sigs (belts) and multiple gas fields. More than we can mine in the normal 18 hour window that is presented with standard wormhole connections to Sirius.

We have been gas harvesting and mining what we could in the allotted time, but Judd has taken a more involved approach and has begun setting a medium tower with defenses, a smaller refinery and other support fittings. Granted, he is setting up and taking down on a 7-10 day cycle or so, but made alot of profit in doing so.

I am looking for inputs from you, the eve SS-X community, as Sirius was setup to be our base of ops. I am willing to maintain Sirius as such, and possibly go with a medium tower setup similar to Judd's if any would like to take that on as a loaner project, and learn the ins and outs of POS operations.

If the consensus is to move Sirius, or make it mobile, another concern is that we have several corp members currently logged off in that wh space. Status of them is unknown as to whether they have a scan probe launcher fitted or even the skills to find there way out. This being another reason I am hesistant to move, as I would hate to make them have to pod themselves (self destruct and lose ship and any implants) to be able to exit the wormhole space.

Suggestions?

Re: Sirius move proposal ...........

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:09 am

SSX-Killjoy
Figured I should post based on our conversation in game.

A more mobile setup is arguably the best way to ensure a continued income of ISK for players in the corp. However we need a w-space point to start from. Hunting for Wormholes is easier if you are already in w-space which automatically connects to others. The fact that it connects to low sec does seem to ensure that we have pretty good w-spaces we get connected to. Perhaps what we need is to keep a full setup (+ 7 days fuels) in Sirius (even if in an offline hangar) ready to go when and if we find a spot that looks good.

So I guess what I am saying is perhaps the solution is to keep Sirius as is, prep it for providing a roamable tower, and that way we don't incovenience players who have not logged in for some time, and log in finally to find themselves in empty space..

my .02.
================================
I will be forever Shattered Star, but only as an
EXILE can I find peace in this lifetime.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:34 am

Stracius
Hmm. Both quite valid proposals, I'll have to mull over my thoughts regarding it a bit more. In either case, however, I think it might not be a bad idea to drop down to a medium tower vs. the large one currently in Sirius. The refinery isn't really being used enough to justify the extra cost of maintaining a large tower, I would suspect. I've yet to see sufficient forces in a WH system to even challenge a small tower yet, either. Just my current thoughts. More to follow.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:15 pm

Ozany
3 Problems come to mind for small towers:

1. My first tower in Sirius was a small and got reinforced by 4 BS's

2. Not enough CPU/PG to run a Medium Intense Refinery

3. Fittings would be limited as stated in 2.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:19 pm

Stracius
Figured small towers would be a bit more troublesome than that. I wasn't thinking of using one anyway - medium minimum.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:44 am

SSX-Killjoy
A small tower would work well if you were only setting up for a few days to run ladar, radar, magnetic or sleeper sites only. Since you don't need the ability to have more than just a hangar and an SMA plus defenses. It just isn't useful for mining operations. :)

It would also probably work for a one day operation stand point. Setup in the morning, run the sites, take down that evening. I think you could probably fit most of it in a iteron V at that point. Single run up and down.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:58 pm

SSX-Killjoy
It has been awhile since we have visited this topic so thought I would post and get the conversation going again.

It would stand to reason that we currently have 2 wh-spaces now.

One in Sirius, which consitently has access to low sec and other wormhole spaces.

One in Rock, which consistently has access to null sec and dangerous wormhole spaces.

As we are starting to get new players into the corp, we need an introduction area, so are we going to plan to keep sirius going with that in mind?

Then when they can do well in Sirius and ready for something harder, move them to Rock?

If this is the plan I guess I should train up Kendo so that he can be useful in fighting in Sirius, instead of just scanning. Rudolph is pretty much done with his current training.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:23 pm

Stracius
I'm all for consolidating.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:57 am

Thunderbird
Whenever you guys decide on a date/time for the move, let me know. If I'm not working, I might be able to come by and help out.

Return to “EvE Online”