2006.12.17 23:32
Victim: izidoor defluiter
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Dutch elite School
Destroyed: Harbinger
System: Aetree
Security: 0.2

Involved parties:
Name: Commander Wingpop (laid the final blow)
Security: -4.2
Corp: Dark Twilight Solutions
Ship: Dominix
Weapon: Ogre I

Name: Ozany
Security: 3.4
Corp: Shattered Star Exiles
Ship: Drake
Weapon: Acolyte I

Destroyed items:
Heavy Pulse Laser II
Heavy Pulse Laser II
Initiated Multispectral ECM I
Medium Nosferatu I
Capacitor Power Relay I
Damage Control I
Quantum Co-Processor I
Capacitor Power Relay I
Scorch M
Scorch M
:D :lol:
This guy was fully T2 fitted. I was ratting in Aetree, when he flew through, he was running from Commander Wingpop. I went about my business trying to salvage from a few wrecks when he came into system solo. He was on me in no time. Locked me and started firing. I target painted him and let lose with all 7 XR-3200 Heavy missile launchers. He was NoSing me and i was set for PvE not PvP. I was scrambled as well and could not warp. Crap I forgot my drones. launched them on him as well. At this time Wing jumped into system. I had the Harbinger at 50% armor and I was at 50% shields with 30% cap remaining. He disengaged and ran. I ganged with Wing and kept doing the salvaging. The guy came backl and started shooting my drones. I called out in gang and had the guy Painted and into hi armor again when Wing showed up in a Domi. He locked him down and finished him off. I did not get the final kill nor global alert since this frack started it. Got some good T2 Crystals and lasers out of it. :lol:
Anyways, the drake setup i am using atm is:
High Slot: 7 XR-3200 Heavy Missile Launchers and a Salvager
Medium Slots: Target Painter I, 10MN AB II, Large Shield Booster II, Invul Field II, Heat Diss Field II, Ballistic Deflection II
Low Slot: 3X PDU II, and a BCU II

I would recommend not using this setup for PvP as you are vulnerable to NoS, EW, and only 44% EM shields resistance. I will be working on a PvP setup with Wing for those just in case times. Definately a beast of a ship though. :thumb:
Ozany

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:47 am

SSX-Wedge
Stilll...:D a kill is a kill is a kill :D You still have your drake. Extend the corp's thanks to Wingpop for us. :)

SSX-Wedge

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:17 am

Stracius
Nice, grats on the successful combat. Takes me back :) .

Glad to know you guys are doin well in evespace.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:23 am

Brandonheat
Man, I was thinking about getting this game, but it looks like pvp is playing for keeps :D its gotta be tough for newbies.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:26 pm

Brittfire
its not just harsh, its funny.

a fellow newb and corp member thought it clever to fire a single round at me..... in high sec space. newb frigate go boom!

lesson learnt, if ur gonna die, do it early.

anyways, true pvp yet eludes me, probably a very good thing too :P
TBC update
tomato ketchup will be a required reagent for feign death and rogues can apply huntersmark with a crayon!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:43 pm

Ash
PvP in Eve can be harsh, every item can be destroyed,
but everyitem can also be built, the economy is entirely
player driven.

Probably one of the few MMOs that requires both
PvPers and Crafters to make the game economy work.

;)
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:52 am

Ozany
Built and added an Anti-EM Screen Reinforcement Rig to the Drake. Def helps on the EM shield resistances. As far as a pvP setup, was doing some browsing in the markets, not sure if it will work in the fittings, but would definately add a cap booster to the mid slot, MWD and 20Km scrambler to keep them from running. Might go with 2X Invuln fields vice the specifics, and T2 shield booster is a must. Faction mods are too expensive for me but was talking with Commander Wingpop about his NightHawk loadout. He is all faction and officer gear, 200M for his ship and the total price tag is nuts, probably close to a billion isk. But, after hearing his tank resistances and recharge rates, I doubt he wil lose it anytime soon. reminds me of the guy in FA that had a Billion Isk Navy Issue Raven that he took ratting all the time. But Wing does it for pure PvP. I do know at one point he had a cloak on it as well so he could camp a gate if needed without being seen. Anyways, if anyone has any questions on PvE setups for Gallente, Caldari or Amarr ships, just post your querries and we can work on something for ya. :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:33 am

monkey_on_morphine
EVE PvP is probably the best PvP around on the MMO scene atm in my opinion. And one of the reasons is that when you die, you do actually lose your ship.

I wouldn't advise Caldari ships for any solo pvp though. Get Gallente or Minmatar :D They rawk.
Attention deficiet disorder? Me? Don't be stupid! I can keep my mind on one thing for as long as I... Oooh! Shiny!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:10 am

Phrank T Phish
drake is a fine PVP ship with passive tank. work on your shield recharge rather than fitting a booster and trying to keep your cap. as you say, your NOS vunerable, so keep everything passive and you dont need any cap at all.

and yes it can be tough, but its also the most rewarding. you die in any other MMO you just get up and nothing has changed, no one really won anything, you didnt lose anything. but in EVE if you win a fight you can claim your victims posesions, if your powerfull enough you can even claim his home.
No one loves you.
They're just pretending to be nice. But they talk bad about you after you leave the room.
You're gonna die alone.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:28 pm

monkey_on_morphine
Or you can just get them to half hull and ransom them ^^ (Pods are good for ransoms too :D) You get the iskies, they get to warp out with their ship/implants intact.
Attention deficiet disorder? Me? Don't be stupid! I can keep my mind on one thing for as long as I... Oooh! Shiny!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:38 pm

Ozany
This is very true. But as far as SS-X is concerned in EVE, we decided that when we reformed after the breakup of SSC to form Righteous Indignation and go privateering, that that was not what we were about. It is fun to watch a pirate squirm trying to flee after he tries to jump you and fails miserably though hehe.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:38 pm

monkey_on_morphine
Yeah, can go that way sometimes too ^^ Is all good, things explode, if they arn't me it's a bonus :P

Return to “EvE Online”