I need SS Lessons

Moderator: Global Moderators

I need SS Lessons

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:32 am

jozef
Ok ppls... if anyone is fluent in ss or fb I need major help. I am at the bottom of the player vs player pole simply because I have no strategy for ss. If you have any fundamental advice it would help greatly. I am specifically weak in tro vs tro.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:35 am

LIGHTNING
Don't worry bud. I also suck at SS/FB fights. Only thing I can suggest is, go to jail, ask someone to have a fight, and you can usually have a respectable, 1v1 fight. Or just call me or someone in the guild up, and fight.

Rules I like to play by:

No hercs.
No guards.
Only 1 hit to get the win for the round.
Can melee.

Sometimes, if you want a freestyle fight, (This is when having dual sword, or dual blades come in handy) I like to just go FB/Melee/Herc my way through.

Even 2 hander weapon users will fight, and they got a different style of fighting. Just play around, and try not to agrevate players who are sitting on the side.
I always believed that the core of what made SSC great in the past, is here in the present and future of the SSX.
- LIGHTNING (September 22, 2005)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:08 am

=BTM=
dont think Im any good either, but as soon as I reach the lvl of beeing able to get fixed SS/FB Ill spar with you so we both can get some practise ^^
Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."
-Jack Burton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:34 pm

jozef
Thanks guys. So far starting fights for practice and getting killed every time doesn't bother me... it's when ppl get the pwnt attitude and start callin you big loser hehehe.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:03 pm

LIGHTNING
Attitude is all part of it. Just play possum, and hit 'em hard next time. Herc if you have to. Just try not to let it bother you. Besides, talking and typing takes too much time, never know when another SSX member will hit 'em from behind. I got your back bud. Let 'em talk. I'll just hit 'em.
I always believed that the core of what made SSC great in the past, is here in the present and future of the SSX.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:17 am

Hopeless...
SS and FC...
I would just aim at the shadow instead of their bodies.
At least thats how i play with SS or FC :confused:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:29 am

LIGHTNING
Hopeless... wrote:SS and FC...
I would just aim at the shadow instead of their bodies.
At least thats how i play with SS or FC :confused:
At certain angles, i think hitting them directly with SS/FB is impossible. Try going around a pole/target, and try hitting it with FB/SS at different angles.

So, i think timing, and placing has something to do with it as well.

I like to Herc at targets when they're at these "angles" and switch it up to FB at a targetable angle.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:06 pm

jhnrx
this is how i do it... works pretty good on my experience...
i aim at the shadow and jump over/towards the target...
so, i FB at the same time trying not to be hit. :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:58 pm

=BTM=
just need a few more lvls so I can fix FB/SS and we can start practising ^^
Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."
-Jack Burton

Return to “Conquer Online”