Ventrillo Server

Our US players can be found on the Mannoroth PVP server!

Moderators: Global Moderators, WoW =US= Moderators

Ventrillo Server

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:32 pm

Magdalena
As of Aug. 16th, our paid time on our ventrilo server will run out. I'm not sure how many are interested in keeping this server going as I've only seen a small handful using it recently, but a couple have said they'd like to so I'm putting the link for donations here. The annual cost of the new lower user server is $132. If we don't have enough interest for that, I will purchase whatever time we get enough interest for and post that here, however will not be renewing again after that time as this isn't something we want to keep revisiting every month or so.

If you'd like to contribute, here is the donation link:
http://www.hostventrilo.com/order/refill.php?id=16942

Re: Ventrillo Server

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:29 am

Kon
I must have missed something. I realize that there have been a lot of resignations of the more active members these past few months, but I was under the impression that WoW group was still doing pretty good ingame. Was I wrong, or is Ventrillo just suffering the same fate as the forums? What's going on with this group?
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:48 pm

undrin
As of latley yes some members have taken time off. Though recently things to be taking an up swing as thier breaks seem to be coming to an end.
Xbox One: Auravil come and visit sometime!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:02 am

Padishar
Well Khan since you asked,
things simply slowed down for us in WoW recently.

We were actively grouping together frequently after the expansion came out.
Even had more people then we could take at one time, since there are group limits.
Over time some of the content got stale, plus people checked out other games.
Also life simply happens. Work, School, Kids, etc. Being a family type guild tends
to place family first :cool:

Our main organizing events leader, took a break to focus on RL.
That and with a great deal of people only being able to play once in a awhile or for limited time,
due to RL, it made doing some of the harder new end game content impossible (without puging).

A couple people left recently to either play with more people in their time zone or to simply be
able to experience the new content (which tends to require 25 people for 4-8 hours at a time).
Of which (new content), Blizzard recently released a new 10 man and 25 man dungeon.

As far as people playing goes though, we have about 40+ people (not characters) who log in a month,
half of which are solely casual however.
Then we have about a dozen or so that play frequently (often daily) with about about 20 that will show up for events.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:08 am

Padishar
As far as Vent goes, we do use it, but...

With less and less people using it becomes harder and harder to justify the yearly costs.

Plus the SSX as a whole hasn't really seemed to utilize the Vent server,
it has only really been used for WoW and for a time L4D
(plus ever so briefly used for Conan and WAR).

BTW I will chip in 20 bucks or so :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:08 pm

Axavier
I love the Vent. We'll put in $40 bucks. Steph will do it when she can.
"Nobody expects The Spanish Inquisition."

"You tell kids today that, and they won't believe you. No, no, they won't."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:28 pm

Magdalena
As of this morning we have received enough to keep our ventrilo server with a 30 user capacity for the next year. Thank you to those that have contributed to keeping it alive. The above link will remain an active link for others that wish to contribute in the future. All future donations will go towards additional time for the server unless a need arises to expand the slots.

Return to “=US= World of Warcraft”