Salute to SSX

Our US players can be found on the Mannoroth PVP server!

Moderators: Global Moderators, WoW =US= Moderators

Salute to SSX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:20 am

Blackjack
Well, let me start by saying I have really enjoyed my year spent with you guys. You all welcomed me without question when I came back from Kuwait and STNY had fallen apart. I thank you all for that. However, my very good friend (in real life) Tom, you may know him as H3rb or Raashnu, is back playing in the guild he created many years ago. I will be going back to STNY to play the game with Tom and some of my old gaming family.
You guys are all still family to me in this game and I will definitely keep in touch. It's only like I'm moving out of the SSX house to live right next door, so don't be strangers.
Also, I don't want to speak for Robb, but I believe he will be coming with me to STNY. We spend the first hour or more every day at work talking about WOW (I know, it's sad), and it took me over two years of playing this game and talking about it every day to get him to play. So I think it only makes sense, playing with real life friends.
Please don't be strangers though. Most of you will be in my friends list and hopefully guild relations between SSX and STNY will only be strengthened by this. So if you guys find you're short for a run or anything let us know... if we can't help we can ask the rest of the guild. And, if we need any extras for any runs I hope you guys don't mind me asking for SSX help.
OK, Enough with the novel.
Take care all,
Kevin
Bagooooooock!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:34 am

Ozone
AW MAN! I was on when you left - hit me like a brick, then as trying to think about it Robb guildquit within 30 secs or so. Am truly sorry to see you guys go - the sign off was quick, just sorta 'I'm outta here' followed by Robb's 'He's the reason I started this damn game...'.

Got a bit weirded as there were no 'KK, guys, were leaving...', just a quick impersonal 'gonna go' followed by 'guildquit' on both counts.
Dont know if anything was going on politically, interpersonally or such (though a seed of what occurred in the Euro group frightens me), and don't much care at the moment.

Thank you both for your help, advice, chat and virtual friendship. Truly sad to see you guys go. Take care and have fun. I'm pretty focused on SSX and The Mad Goners and hardly go to any other forums, so all my best if I don't get to get in touch with you again.

Then again, If you guys are raiding and in need of a sacrificial lamb to distract mobs and is well practiced in the art of dramatic dying, gimme a yell.

Oz (Mark)
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:54 pm

Axavier
Good luck :)
I'm always around somewhere in the game...check vent from time to time too if you need an extra body for a raid.
Say hi to Tom from Ax.
"Nobody expects The Spanish Inquisition."

"You tell kids today that, and they won't believe you. No, no, they won't."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:56 pm

Callawey
There's definately nothing to overthink here. Kevin has been a close personal friend of mine for 23 years now. We have run a business together for the last eight. I don't like to be a follower, but there's no way I'd let our adventures in this game occur seperately. (sadly, we spend too much time as it is discussing them)

I have heard horror stories about guild break-ups and the politics surrounding this game. I have made it a point to not get caught up in it. I play this game to escape that kind of nonsense, and i am real glad that I have spent almost the last year without that kind of drama. You are all great people, and for helping to make this game as enjoyable as it has been, I can't thank you enough.

The beautiful thing about the guild tag over my character's head is that i can't see it. You're all in my friend's list, and will always receive that sort of treatment from me. I can only hope you feel the same. Take care everyone.

ps.-Mark (auravil), I hope everything goes well with your grandfather's and uncle's health. They will continue to be in my family's thoughts and prayers.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:13 pm

undrin
Thank you for your prays and we are doing the same for your family. Thanks for letting us know what was going on with you two also. I am glad to know we will still be hanging out in game. Feel free to drop in vent we are usually there ;)
Xbox One: Auravil come and visit sometime!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:48 pm

Blackjack
Oz, sorry for the quick exit. I am not much for long good-byes... too many in my life. There is deffinately nothing political here, you are all still on my friends list and I will keep in touch. I actually have been contemplating going back to STNY for a long time... but, it always came down to I didn't want to leave SSX. Both guilds are my virtual family now. The reason for switching really came down to having "real life" family in that guild, mainly Tom. You know what they say about "really good friends"... good friends will help you move.... "really good friends" will help you move a body. Not that I'm confessing to some crime or anything =)... but Tom is that kind of friend.
Bagooooooock!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:20 pm

lili
i got a body i need moving any volunteers?
Babydolly Frost Mage 70
Pocky Protection Pally 70

I didn't fall from grace, I dove.
What do you mean my halo is lopsided, it's balanced perfectly on my horns.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:38 pm

undrin
Moving bodies? :weird:
Xbox One: Auravil come and visit sometime!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:34 am

lili
That's one volunteer from mark. the body can get heavy.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:23 pm

Blackjack
LOL

If it gets too heavy... you just chop it up...
What kind of body are you guys talking about... a cow? a moose?.....
What did you think I was talking about?
:p
Bagooooooock!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:36 pm

lili
i'm thinking of one with a head, eyes, ears, nose, some legs, a body etc
Babydolly Frost Mage 70

Return to “=US= World of Warcraft”