New raiding time(s)?

Our US players can be found on the Mannoroth PVP server!

Moderators: Global Moderators, WoW =US= Moderators

New raiding time(s)?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:25 pm

Lilleth
Last night a few of us were tossing around the idea of maybe running Kara on a different time during the weekend. We just seem to have difficulty getting the same 10 people on 2 nights in a row...which is not good for those who can only log in Fridays (they don't get to see much content past, say, Opera or Curator), or for those who can make it both nights (if not enough people are available Saturday night, the run doesn't happen).

So. The idea of Saturday afternoon came up. With scheduled breaks (30 min-1 hr) for those of us who like to eat (lol) or need to feed our offspring.

Thoughts? I'll start by posting my personal thoughts in a new post :D
/purr
Lilleth 85 Night Elf Druid-Resto (Mannoroth)
Raevynn 85 Night Elf Hunter (Mannoroth)
Zyllah 85 Night Elf Death Knight-Blood (Mannoroth)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:32 pm

Lilleth
I'm willing to give it a try.

A few different start time ideas:

1) 10am, with a half-hour break around 12pm for lunch/whatever.
2) 12pm, with a half-hour break around 2pm (could pose problems running into dinner time, though...)

With just a bit more experience with the higher-end bosses, we should be able to get to the point where we can clear Kara in a few hours...then we could switch back to Fri/Sat nights?

Oh, btw...I vote for start time #1
/purr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:41 pm

Axavier
Every other weekend is good for me. Whatever start time? We usually blow past the first three anyway, so even an 11:00 am start might work with time for lunch and stuff. Besides it gives time to ditch the Friday night hangover...LOL
"Nobody expects The Spanish Inquisition."

"You tell kids today that, and they won't believe you. No, no, they won't."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:25 am

Magdalena
Ok, here's my reply on this... agreed an earlier time could help us finally get through this instance... however, 10am is 9am here in Houston, and those of us without kids are unlikely to be awake at that hour on a Saturday morning lol... 12 would be ok for me though...

We're looking for input from everyone on this though, so guys post your thoughts/availability pls.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:06 pm

Lilleth
Hehe...good point, Mel...sorry, hadn't thought of that lol.

Did you mean 12pm server time or your time? Just so there's no confusion :thumb:

Forgot to add...I'd be running just every other weekend too.

Keep in mind, though, a Saturday daytime run would definitely have many more 5-10 min afks for those of us with kids, so it may take longer than it would after betime. Hey! Maybe we could do Attumen/Huntsman to Opera (or Curator) during the day, then Shade and beyond starting at our normal 8pm time? Those first bosses are cake for us now...wouldn't be much different than running a heroic or something on a Saturday afternoon. Then, the tough bosses could be taken care of properly with fewer distractions in the evening? What do you all think?
/purr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:41 pm

Magdalena
Server time is fine on that for me, though likely won't be very talkative until about 1pm my time as while I'm up, I may not fully be awake lol... awake enough to tank though

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:53 pm

undrin
I personally would be up for a 12 Noon or soon after time for raiding. that gives me the evening with my family, while giving us more time to progress in the instances.
Xbox One: Auravil come and visit sometime!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:02 pm

Padishar
10am might be a bit too optimistic for me to be up on Sat, but I could pull off noonish raid times :)

time

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:35 pm

RagingDeath
Afternoons would work for me!
Duty is heavy as a mountain, Death is lighter than a feather.

warrior

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:44 am

Magdalena
So far I'm counting 7 that have replied they'd be able to work with this, and a good balance of classes so far, however we're still 3 short of a full 10-man so we need some more yes's before we can try to schedule it and see how it works. Please don't just tell us on vent guys, putting it up here helps us keep track a lot better and gets us all on the same page. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:58 pm

Idaten
Saturday afternoons aren't so good for me. Actually, saturdays aren't so good for me.
So I'll have to put my vote in the no column.

I would be free for the same slot on sundays tho. Thursday and Friday evenings are good too.

Thanks
Idaten

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:57 am

Idaten
What about a little of both.

We could schedule a fri & sat night raid every two weeks.
The other weeks, we can skip the friday raid and do a saturday raid from 12 til 6.

We'd have to post the schedule, and probably go back to using GEM or some other signup tool.

If people are interested we can also switch between Kara and ZA, though there will be a steep learning curve on ZA for a little bit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:30 pm

Wulfgrinner
holy cow a post from me... 11am is pretty rough but i think ill try reaaally hard to get up. so 12pm server time sounds good. :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:31 pm

Flyingdanish
If i'm awake and you're short a healer I'll either be on Alleria on my mage Plunger(horde side) or playing COD4, most likely wow. =P This is provided im not busy =) I'm willing to help out if i'm awake! haha
Mannaroth ~ Flyingdanish - 70 Human Holy Paladin
Mirwandis - 70 Night-elf Rogue
Wartortle - 56 Draenei Warrior
Alleria ~ Plunger - 70 Undead Frost Mage

Return to “=US= World of Warcraft”