Our vent server had its license revoked...

Our US players can be found on the Mannoroth PVP server!

Moderators: Global Moderators, WoW =US= Moderators

Our vent server had its license revoked...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:57 pm

Lilleth
...for not paying its licensing fees to ventrilo :( It's not us, we're paid up...it's nrgservers.com.

So, we can't connect to vent unless/until we get a new server.

Until that time, we could try out the new in-game voice chat...the quality is nowhere near that of ventrilo, but until we get this issue sorted out, it's all we've got.

I will be sending Requiemdream an email, since he's had ownership of our nrgserver for vent...and I guess we'll be working it out from there.

Read about it here:http://www.ventrilo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22555
/purr
Lilleth 85 Night Elf Druid-Resto (Mannoroth)
Raevynn 85 Night Elf Hunter (Mannoroth)
Zyllah 85 Night Elf Death Knight-Blood (Mannoroth)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:59 am

Magdalena
Undrin talked to Req tonight... it seems nrgservers went out of business... he's looking into other options, has to look at what's available vs. what we have in the vent fund etc.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:11 pm

M.Steiner
Just noticed that your group website is offline as well since that was hosted by nrgservers too. (I'll see if Anny can redirect the link on our mainsite to point to this forum instead for the time being, instead of to an error page)
One of you might wanna have a chat with Anny at some point and see about re-uploading the WoW:US site to the SSX servers instead, shouldn't see a problem with that if you still have all the files for it. If not, we could always stick a template up for it instead i suppose or make a new one. That doesn't solve your vent problem i'm afraid but it should be a solution for your group site at least. :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:22 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SSX-MS wrote:Just noticed that your group website is offline as well since that was hosted by nrgservers too. (I'll see if Anny can redirect the link on our mainsite to point to this forum instead for the time being, instead of to an error page)
One of you might wanna have a chat with Anny at some point and see about re-uploading the WoW:US site to the SSX servers instead, shouldn't see a problem with that if you still have all the files for it.
Certainly. I hadn't realised the site was there too, so you have a fair point. If you guys want the site reuploading onto the SSX servers as MS suggests thats fine, just drop me a line with a zip containing the files and we'll get that done for you.

If not we can turn the main page link into a forum redirect for now, just let me know which you prefer :thumb:

Also, kudos to MS for pre-empting me on this ;)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:21 am

lili
Thanks anny i'll let the people who have the site files know.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70
Pocky Protection Pally 70

I didn't fall from grace, I dove.
What do you mean my halo is lopsided, it's balanced perfectly on my horns.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:52 pm

undrin
Well we are up and running a vent server again. I will get Anubis the info here in the next few days as I am getting off the computer to hang with the family now. If anyone would like to chat with the WOW group please let us know.
Last edited by undrin on Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox One: Auravil come and visit sometime!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:07 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Good to hear, there is no rush with the information - just whenever you have time.

I'll update the thread in General again regarding the open invite too. Thanks for keeping us informed :thumb:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:29 pm

lili
I have the info and if you want it to be given upon pm's, I'll be happy to pass it around. I'll try to be around on irc as much as i can although probably afk for the msot part until it dings at me.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70

<OFF-TOPIC>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:27 am

Monamy
Just curious...
Does Ventrilo has any meaning? (it sure doesn't sound English)
I've been searching some dictionaries of even other languages and couldn't find such a word, is it just some fancy name? Somehow it keeps bothering me and I can't stop thinking about it. I'm so sorry that this reply is off-topic, but I thought that maybe you guys have a clue?
Monamy's Productions are the best in town!
Need potions? Send in-game mail and I'll see what I can do.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:28 pm

lili
As far as i know it's just a program name.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:17 pm

Stracius
I believe they came up with the name Ventrilo from the word Ventriloquism.
the art or practice of speaking, with little or no lip movement, in such a manner that the voice does not appear to come from the speaker but from another source, as from a wooden dummy.
:thumb:
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:35 pm

Inquisitor
Throwing or casting your voice ;)
No signature

Return to “=US= World of Warcraft”