Two Kara runs?

Our US players can be found on the Mannoroth PVP server!

Moderators: Global Moderators, WoW =US= Moderators

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:36 pm

lili
I can't speak for the other people since I don't raid with them, but if there's gear and no more of this complaining then yes i will raid again. Which was what was intended all along with the 3 weeks of gearing up until all the complaining started.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70
Pocky Protection Pally 70

I didn't fall from grace, I dove.
What do you mean my halo is lopsided, it's balanced perfectly on my horns.

Callawey is very close to being ready...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:23 pm

Callawey
First off, thanks to everybody that helped me get attuned! That releasing goof in BM will haunt me for awhile...lol.

While I am not yet keyed for any heroics, it is my intention to get there as fast as possible. I NEED the glyph from Lower City, so SL will be on my radar daily. The problem with heroics is that 99% of the gear will only be a sidegrade for me, but the experience in the harder instances will be invalueable. If there is any other help that I can offer, then please let me know. I am usually quick to help whenever possible. (Owin asked me if i can craft the Khorium ward..I could craft only one of the three pieces. I have since killed 400-500 Deathforge Guardians looking for recipe number 2...anybody need cloth?...lol)

As far as gear, I am almost as geared as i can be...for now.
-I have the new epic boots, belt, bracers and ring from PVP
-I have 2/5 PVP blues...the other 3 pieces are not needed because I have something better.
-I have crafted my epic mace
-All sockets are filled with blue gems...gotta love mining :)
-All items are enchanted to the max, except boots (nobody has +12 agility) and cape, which is 3000 honor from an upgrade.
-you can check my progression at http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... n=Callawey

I have spent a lot of time PVPing for the best possible retribution paladin gear. And now that i have it, I'd like to put it to good use. If my +2% damage to the group, +3% crit chance on the mob, off heal ability, rez. capabilities, auras and blessings are not welcome in our raids, then that is something that I can live with. Please just tell me if that's the case. Callawey will hit his glass ceiling soon enough and can ride happily into the sunset, if need be. It has taken me eight months to get him this far, and I was hopeful that some kind of schedule could be made for end-game content by now. I could probably commit to 3 nights a week to raiding. Non-raiding times I will spend on farming for consumables, gear and rep. Bottom line, I'd hate to have had to spend so much time nearing the end game content, just to decide it was too hard, when I finally became ready to see it.

I am a relative noob when it comes to online gaming. Eight months, four of which has been happily spent in SSX, is not much experience compared to the rest of you. I don't feel qualified to comment on the inner workings of guild relations, loot and the general grumblings. All I know is that I treat people in this game like I do in real life. It has led me to meeting all of you wondeful people, who have allowed and helped me in experiencing this incredible game, leading me to many fun times. For that I thank you all.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:29 pm

Zepol
hey sorry if i offeneded anybody but you know what its how I feel
so good games everybody enjoy your new epic items but remember this, when you have gotten everything you can from this game think what is next?

And if you want to see end game content I have a buddy of mine that bought his own private server, so yea if you wanna solo Kara, Gruuls, or any other high endgame content let me know Ill ask him to set you up with a user name and pass.

:thumb: chao
(RIP-You will never be forgotten)Zepol lvl 70 Lock- Afflication and Destruction.
(Reborn)Zepol lvl 80 Mage - Arcane (Akama)
Ive lvl 80 Shamman - Resto/Elemental(Akama)
Faeith lvl 80 DeathKnight - Frost Tank/Blood DPS(Akama)
Never give up before attempting it first.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:50 pm

Bladesinger
lili wrote:Since names are now being named, there's a child in that group you named with bed times and frankly other responsiblies like just being a kid and have fun. There's people in that list that works odd hours. There's students in that lst. And frankly it's rare to see all these people on at the same time before 10pm and that's only once a while friday. THIS IS A GAME. Enjoy it and there will be NO forcing people to raid coming from me! I for one will now enjoy this game.

Did I suggest we force people to raid? Not at all. What was suggested was that the people on that list try to get together and do a guild raid rather than spreading themselves amongst other guild's raids. They already have the gear so why not try guild runs instead? If scheduling doesn't work, it doesn't work.

That suggestion in no way however invalidates anything else I said. We're a guild and guilds are intended to be a group of people who work together in-game towards the same goals. If those people aren't willing to lend their abilities to the guild's effort and instead choose to raid with other guilds then let them go join that guild.
lili wrote:Yes i would like to see the guild raid together, but because of members not progessing at the same rate, many members did find a group of friends who raids together. I for one will not force these people to break up the raid that they've been doing with the same people for months just so the few of the since then geared people can raid.
Ok, for clarification again. Even after other guild members have worked their butts off and accomplished the gearing up that YOU are pushing so hard for you wouldn't try to get SSX members who aren't raiding with us to raid with us? They're SSX, they should be raiding with SSX if at all possible.

Weili; to suggest that it's ok for half a raid group of your friends and family to give their resources to other guilds while at the same time demanding the rest of the guild bust nuts to gear up is wholly unfair.

If SSX members are more interested in raiding with other groups and not with SSX *when it's entirely possible to attempt rescheduling a new/different raid time around difficult schedules* then such people would be better off in those other guilds. There are enough well geared people regularly on that SSX could do some raiding around the schedules of those who are more limited in their free time.

Let's talk about enjoying the game for a moment. With the exception of a couple weeks, a few weeks ago, I've been protection since I hit 70. How much fun is it to try and do rep quests, rep farming, or PVP as a solo protection warrior? None at all. Hell, I had to level Vel just so I could get the gold I needed to buy my epic flyer and finish leveling blacksmithing in hopes that I could eventually craft better tanking gear.

Also, do you really know how enjoyable it is to be the 3rd tank in a Kara run? Even less than it is to solo play. There's nothing better than feeling useless after spending so much time and effort trying to make myself as useful for the guild as I can. There have been times when it's been a good thing that I was specced Prot because Pocky and/or Jay weren't there. However, those times have been few and far between. All the other times it would have been better if I had either a) given my spot to a more needed class or b) stayed Arms from the start and been able to contribute damage.

I'm going to be clear about this. I am protection for the guild, and the guild only. If I were in it for just myself I'd be arms, it's a boatload easier to gather crafting mats, grind rep, PVP, and just quest in general when one can do damage. Even so, I'm not going to put my guildmates through the trials of me trying to tank instances so we can get the Almighty Gear when I'm not Protection.

Furthermore, it's not like I've got enough gold to be constantly respeccing each time the guild needs a tank. If individual enjoyment of the game is so important then I'm going DPS and the guild can pay for my respecs to prot and back each time they need me to tank.

How fair is that sentiment? Not fair at all. Therefore, I'm staying Protection and I don't want to hear anyone speaking to me about not being willing to make a sacrifice, or suggesting others make changes, because it will impact his/her enjoyment of the game.

We're supposed to be a GUILD, a GROUP, a GATHERING OF PLAYERS WHO COME TOGETHER WITH THE PURPOSE OF WORKING TOGETHER TO ACCOMPLISH GOALS. As with every team, the individual may need to give up a little of their singular importance for the ultimate betterment of the group. More fun will ultimately be had by all involved as the team/guild gets better at doing what it's trying to accomplish.

On the subject Alan brought up, Alex rolled against me on belt that dropped from Morose which would have been a very significant upgrade for me. At the time I was the raid's MT and Alex was OT. While I was upset that I didn't get a badly needed *tanking* item after I'd been on all the runs I was able to (not counting those I gave up my spot to other, more needed classes) and it was his first run. However, it was a free roll situation and he won the roll, end of story.
Shattered Star since 1998

Gallarien of Lorien, Hunter/Woodsman

><

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:44 pm

RagingDeath
Phil Phil Phil, DO NOT CALL PEOPLE OUT AND BASH THE #%#% OUT OF THEM. With that being said, WEILI has done nothing but help people in this guild nuff said. She has devoted ALOT of her time HELPING many many members of this guild lvl,gear up, HAVE FUN, ETC.... she in no way, shape, or form would EVER EVER try to force us to do anything we wouldnt want to do or not have fun with. Her spending time with her family is awesome and very much so aloud. Did we have a fit when u went hording on a diff server? hell no bro. If one of us would want to run a raid with an ally such as STNY or a family member outside of the guild that should never be shun upon. Alot of those people are former guildies and still good friends. Why would you just accuse so harshly? I dont understand? Perhaps the guild meeting will help eliminate these misconceptions and silly quabbles. Phil we all just want to have fun and make sure all of our guildies/ exguildies can also feel the same way.

I know i can trust any officer and guild member in this guild with anything.
because out of my blood flows the same love, endless giving, and honor flows through everyone elses. If we all would just sit back and remember who we are this bashing would cease to exist.
Duty is heavy as a mountain, Death is lighter than a feather.

warrior

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:34 am

Bladesinger
Jerry, please go back and reread my post more thoroughly. I know it's long and all, but I wasn't bashing anyone. If I disagree with what someone says there's nothing wrong with me saying so. I have not, however, been bashing anyone.

Yes, I replied directly to Weili, however if anyone is pointing fingers about calling people out, all I can say is I was replying to someone pointing the finger at me first. Direct talk is good, no?

As far as me choosing to play Horde what at all does that have to do with all this? I've not been doing anything with other guilds on Averegor. Every raid I've been on with him has been SSX. Nearly every instance run I've been on lately has been a guild run. If I don't play him as much right now it's because I've done nearly everything I can do on him outside of grinding instances and that's not something that's worked out well. I'm a student, have a job that keeps very odd hours, I have responsibilities outside of the game, and I want some modicum of a life too.

I'm exalted with two factions, almost three, revered with everyone else, and have maxed my crafting profession. It seems to me that I've done quite a bit to advance him. The only things left for him are to get drops in instances that I've been running and running and running and running with limited success. Forgive me if that's something I can't do all the time, every time I log into the game. I have friends and family I want to spend time with as well.

As it stands now, I've said everything I have to say and that's that from me.
Shattered Star since 1998

Gallarien of Lorien, Hunter/Woodsman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:17 am

Jango
First of all, is there a change in guild policy that I am not aware of. As far as I know, SSX Mannaroth does not have a rule on no playing with other people. I always thought the core value of SSX Mannaroth was to play with friends/family and have fun.

If that isn't the case anymore for this guild than please let me and other people know so they can behave accordingly.

That meaning there was an officer/member wide vote on this issue at some point and not the personal opinion of select few on how people should behave with ssx tag on them.

As for raiding policy, I was on the impression on participating when you can on raids. There was no mandatory rule saying you must go on SSX sponsor raids and your real life has to revolve around that.

Did SSX become a "hard-core" raiding guild in TBC and its goal
is focus on progressing through content now?

If there hasnt been an official change in SSX guild rule/policy than people should be mindful of what they say to avoid any confusion on what is true and not true.

One thing is for certain, I did not join SSX for guild "drama" on raiding and I doubt many people join for that reason either.

Yes, I am one of those people who raid with other people (ssx, ex-ssx and others). It was started up month before ssx had their own kara run and once SSX did have their own run. I notice there was always more than 10 people wanting to go. It was my personal choice to not go and compete with another person for a raid slot since I can always see the content elsewhere.

If your opinion is that I should have raided with ONLY ssx people than keep in mind that the next time I win against you for a raid slot.

And this talk of having a kara "b" run is silly until the issues invovling kara "a" is settled.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:29 am

Mike D
On a completely different note...

I am now keyed to run Coilfang Heroics so if ANYONE wants to run Heroic SP, UB, or SV, let me know.

My next goal is to get the TK key, so any help running TK instances would be greatly appreciated. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:30 am

Padishar
There is a guild meeting being held this Sat at 2pm est for those who wish to address this topic further.

We have already changed the guild focus from scheduled Kara runs to helping each other out getting geared up.

Please post where you are at and what you need HERE

Going to lock this for now and whilst we try and change focus.

Return to “=US= World of Warcraft”