High school of the dead

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

High school of the dead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:17 am

Cyma
Hi guys,
I started to watch this today... Well I ended watching the full thing hehe... If you like violent zombie killing well this is a good choice :D BUT be aware, this anime actually one hell of a twisted humor that is very graphical in many episode, so if your not in adult situation as short as they are you may not like. But it actually made me laugh quite a few times hehe.

There is also a small character evolution, nothing big but it make it more interesting.

Personally I really enjoyed it, lit of violence, action if I can say =)
Huh?

Re: High school of the dead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:55 am

Anubis
Site Admin
I watched HSOTD as it aired. Quite a fun show, though more a fun guilty pleasure than a must watch for me.

Nice to see someone else enjoying it! They did an OVA too if you haven't yet seen it - though it admittedly wasn't quite as good as the main series.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:01 am

M.Steiner
I enjoyed HSOTD, fun show overall and I loved the OP :)
My only complaint was the fanservice which I wish they had kept to how it was for the first handful of eps. Not to have cut it out completely or anything as I know that was a big part of the show itself but when watching the show it seemed to get progressively more frequent and worse as it went on. To which point we come to the OVA which was 100% fanservice basically and topped anything in the series for that lol. Main series was worth seeing but I would skip the OVA personally, on the other hand it's only 1 ep so it's not like you'll waste a lot of time if you decide to give it a go hehe. Honestly though, I'm approaching 200 watched on my anime list and even though it has been 6 months since I saw it there aren't many other animes which I've rated as low as the OVA :)

Oh btw. It's a different kind of show but if you haven't seen Death Note before that is definitely worth a watch and is from the same director as Highschool of the Dead :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Cyma
Definitly gonna take a look at the ova :D Ill look for the Death Notes too hehe Thanks!
Huh?

Return to “Anime”