To aru Kagaku no Railgun

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

To aru Kagaku no Railgun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:45 am

BlackDove
Comedy Yuri.

First episode had a bunch of clich11's but it was entertaining.

Re: To aru Kagaku no Railgun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:17 pm

Stracius
Overall a very satisfying show. I'd probably rank a 7.5 or 8 out of 10, if given to a simple number system. I didn't think the second season finale was as good as the first season, but I suspect that's because they devoted more time to fan-service episodes than to building up the plot than they should have. There were a couple minor plot holes that could've filled, and some characters that I would've like to have seen used from the first season (one in particular would've been interesting to see at work in the final ep).

If you haven't seen it already, do so now. Loli humor and references aside, I doubt you'll be disappointed.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:51 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Show was decent, but it fell away a bit during the second half imo. I saw mention that the reason for that, as well as for the fanservice you mentioned Strac, was that they followed the manga up until the first 'finale' but then deviated substantially from it afterwards. With only four or five real 'plot' episodes in that final 13, it was a disappointment. Particularly after the first 'finale' had been so good.

It's a decent show, and worth the time if you have it. But nothing mindblowingly great for me.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:31 pm

Stracius
Anubis wrote:was that they followed the manga up until the first 'finale' but then deviated substantially from it afterwards.
That would explain a lot, actually. I rarely have been one to follow manga, but then I suspect your source is /a/ :p
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:55 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Stracius wrote:
Anubis wrote:was that they followed the manga up until the first 'finale' but then deviated substantially from it afterwards.
That would explain a lot, actually. I rarely have been one to follow manga, but then I suspect your source is /a/ :p
Indeed. There was much complaining.

Saten was apparently written all but out of the manga after the first finale. The only assumption I can make is that they didn't want the main 'foursome' tinkering with, as part of the reason that they diverged. But that doesn't explain the great extent to which they seem to have done so.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:03 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
An OVA for this recently got released, and was a pretty good standalone. Nice to be pleasantly reminded of this series, which was highly entertaining despite a lesser second half to the season.

Doubt it'll be much longer before there is a Season 2.

Return to “Anime”