Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:22 am

BlackDove
It started a few days ago. I saw the first episode, it was allright, looks like they're taking the original story further.

Though it would appear they're taking a more serious path this time, guess we'll see how it goes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:18 pm

Futile Resistance
Hrm... Still need to see the first one. Saw the first two eps, guess it wasn't very serious (seeing how it was only the first couple of eps) so I stopped watching it (the first one).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:10 pm

Stracius
err. did you watch Full Metal Panic, or "Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu!" ?

FMP was the more serious of the two (mostly the storyline), while Fumoffu was all the funny stuff from the manga they couldn't fit into the first season animation.

I've watched the former, very very good IMHO. Have yet to watch Fumoffu yet though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:32 am

BlackDove
Fumoffu is more of a laugh factory than anything to do with the actual FMP.

FMP itself doesn't get very serious until episodes five or six. It gets intense when he obtains the Arbalest, and she goes into her trance.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:03 am

Futile Resistance
Ah, ok. I must've watched Fumoffu then. What's the general outline to the FMP series?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:38 pm

BlackDove
Team of Mithril, independent special soldiers group is commissioned to watch over a "Whispered" (you'll find out as you watch) special girl. Sagara, one of the team members, has to go to school with her and keep her from being abducted, harmed, etc.

That wouldn't be so hard usually, but he's a former guerilla "child soldier" from one of the -stan countries, and he's a teenager so his comprehension of how the peace-ridden world functions is a bit skewed. Ends up pulling a gun at most things.

There are funny moments, but quite a bit of it is action and serious, considering the foundation of the story.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:04 am

BlackDove
Episode 2 rocked. I was sceptical after the first one because it wasn't really going anywhere, but this one puts it so on track, it blew my mind.

One of the best episodes in Anime ever to be honest.

Return to “Anime”