Xbox Series X

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Xbox Series X

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:11 pm

Ozone
Well, I had to go buy a new computer as it finally conked out after 11 years, and while the credit card was burning, decided on getting a new console on a pre-order.

Managed to snag an Xbox Series X this morning. I started with Xbox years back, then I switched to PS from variations 2 to 4, and was on the fence with 5, but aside from the Miles Morales game, nothing special was catching my eye.
I went back to the Xbox side due to their all access pass. I have a few mates been talking it up like crazy, and if you purchase a Series X you get it for $35 for two years. Basically it's a massive game library with instant access, even to a majority of new titles. That sorta won me over. So I plan on getting back into the online console thing relatively soon. No Gamertag as of yet but will drop it here when I get it. I do still occasionally run on multiplayer PS4 as 'Maklunkee', usually in World of Warships, but for the most part run single player games.

And, of course, with the new machine I'll be running some Star Citizen within the next couple of weeks.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

Re: Xbox Series X

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:41 pm

esd
You were saying elsewhere that you needed to create an account... you already have one with a gamerscore of about 17,000! It's the same as your PC's Microsoft account, if you had one!
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:44 pm

M.Steiner
Ozone wrote:but aside from the Miles Morales game, nothing special was catching my eye.
No interest for the Demon's Souls remake, Final Fantasy XVI, God of War: Ragnarok or Horizon Forbidden West? Granted only 1 of them is a launch title but still.

Grats on managing to secure an Xbox Series X! I've recently been using Xbox Game Pass for PC myself to play the new MS Flight Sim & Tell Me Why since they had the £1 for a month deal before it left beta. Too good to pass up when it would have cost me £85 to buy both of those out right. Doubt I'll stay subbed to it permanently but if there's a month where they add a few titles like that again which I'd particularly like to play I'll definitely take it up again for a bit. No surprise to see that Game Pass is a big draw for Series X|S adopters, especially $35 for 2 years. That is a great deal :)

I'm going with PlayStation again myself for next gen and managed to pre-order a PS5 (disk version) last Thu. The only games I play on console are the exclusives I can't play on any other platform (so God of War, Persona 5, Bloodborne, The Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima etc on PS4), whilst playing everything else on PC. MS have a fantastic looking line-up with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 (easily one of my most anticipated titles), The Medium, Fable reboot & Forza just to think of a few but every single one of those is also coming to PC (which is always my preferred platform) so the Series X|S doesn't really offer me anything tbh. Makes me happy as a PC gamer that they're doing that though! Lots to look forward to.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:55 pm

Ozone
Though I'm runnin a MAc booted over to PC, I don't want to bog down half my system with games, so I'm sticking to Star Citizen on the PC side. Everything else I get from console. I've been big with the PS side since 2 and somewhere around PS3/4 days I moved totally away from Xbox and, in doing so, lost a group of gaming buddies who stayed Xbox loyal.

I'm big on the exploring stuff but tend to burn out on it, so it's not my biggest draw, though there are a few exceptions (Spiderman being one, Cyberpunk eagerly awaited, STALKER if it hits Xbox). I've go so many 'almost done games: Witcher, Horizon, RD2, etc... I'm more into the sit down for a couple hours and do some online PVP. Sayiing that, the PS5 exclusives don't draw me in that much. I have no doubt one will eventually be in the house, especially with the VR elements on the way, but a failure to get one at launch started me thinking on the Xbox again. Then the ability to rejoin my gaming circle, and the play pass were pushing me to the edge. THe random shot in the pre-order scramble that worked out sorta secured it for now.

And esd, I had no idea I could still access my old account from years back. I'll probably do that and just snag a new gamertag. Thanks for the heads up!
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

Return to “General Discussions”