Helldivers

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Helldivers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:47 am

NF
Arbiter
Not sure if anyone else has taken at look at this but for the price it's horrendously good fun. Basically it's a sci-fi Magicka-style, twin stick shooter and definitely has an air of Starship Troopers about it.

Up to four player co-op, challenging and great fun. Highly recommended.
NF

Re: Helldivers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:26 am

BlueFlames
The title sent my mind to a completely different place....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:35 pm

Ozone
Been debating on it for a while as I wanted a game to play with my 5yo son. Ended up picking up the PS4 version today with tons of DLC and unlocks. Played for an hour or so and really enjoying it so far. It mindless but its fun.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:14 pm

Ozone
OK, played for an hour or 2 with my son and we had a blast (pun possibly intended).
After he went to bed I spent a couple of hours dropping in and out of various games.

What I like:
Each 'mission' runs 5-12 minutes
Each planet has 2 missions (there are tons of planets, and regardless, maps are random generated each time)
There's overall continuity with far reaching objectives (conquer enough planets to make it to an enemy homeworld for an assault)
You can play solo and run about with your tally counting towards the overall goals.
You can just 'drop in' on a random game or two, then leave with no problems or penalties.
What I don't like:
I dont like people dropping things on my head from orbit, but it is a good laugh and part of the game.
Seriously, there not much not to like - its a fun 2, challenging 2 stick top down shooter.

This was a good purchase. And for $40 with all DLC and unlocks can't go wrong.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:54 am

NF
Arbiter
Heartily agree there Ozone - such a fun little game that hasn't got much love in the press. It's not going to tax your brain cells but if you just want to shoot stuff, repeatedly, it is extremely well done. The DLC is well worth splashing out for as well.
NF

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:53 pm

Rock-n-Roll
Love this game. Played the heck out of it for about two months. Always would drop in for a game. PS4.

Return to “General Discussions”