The STR Screenshot Thread

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: The STR Screenshot Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:05 pm

M.Steiner
Detroit Become Human (PC)
Camera tools by Otis_Inf

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:26 am

M.Steiner
Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Well, that's a wrap on PS4. Crazy to think the next console game I'll play will likely be on PS5 heh.
What a gen & what a way to bow out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:55 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Hot damn Tsushima is pretty.

Going to play it as soon as I finish P5 Royal I think. It has really caught my attention :D
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:13 am

M.Steiner
Very! It didn't manage to knock The Last of Us Part II off the top spot for me (we're talking games of all time with that one) but it's certainly one I'd recommend :)

Death Stranding (PC)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
ImageImage
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Glad to have finally gotten to this now it is out on PC (figured I would wait rather than pick it up on PS4 since we knew it was coming). There were a couple things I wasn't massively keen on (certain combat encounters & some of those mechanics for example, which thankfully there wasn't much of anyway), but overall I thought it was an incredibly unique & amazing experience.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:26 am

M.Steiner
Final Fantasy XIV: ARR Revisited (PC)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

With ShB having come to an end and the addition of flying being added to ARR zones in 5.3 I thought I'd revisit some of the old zones & take some new pics! I expect these will be the last batch I post (outside of the FFXIV forum that is) until the next expansion. ShB is going to be very hard to top...

Just to note: I spoiler tagged my collection of ShB screenshots when I posted them last July since nobody else had finished 5.0 at that point and they've been hidden behind the spoiler tag ever since. As such I've gone back and removed the spoiler tag so they're finally visible for all to see. If you skipped over them last year you can find them here in the thread, should anyone be interested :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:39 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Some stunning shots there bud as always - in particular that first one! I love the contrast between the castle and the sky there!

I need to get back to have a fly around of my own when I do the new content, later this year :D
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:05 pm

Isileth
Yeah some great shots there, really looking forward to having an explore myself.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:51 pm

M.Steiner
Thankies! Looking forward to seeing you both back in there :)

Microsoft Flight Simulator (PC)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Signed up to Xbox Game Pass for PC to give this a try. £1 for a month. Pretty, pretty good deal I'd say lol.

Ofc unless a city has full photogrammetry data for it (which only 2 UK cities do) some landmarks are going to be a little off, and houses are just going to be generic & placed where they (usually) should be by the AI but it's pretty spectacular all the same. The fact that (given you can fly anywhere in the world) you can fly over your own town & be able to tell where you live, follow roads, spot local landmarks etc is so very cool. The live weather, flight data & cloud formations are amazing too. Big game when you've got the whole world to explore so I may take some more pics in this. Will see :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:58 pm

M.Steiner
Tell Me Why (PC)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:56 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Ahhh, you played Tell Me Why already!

How did you find it bud? It's on my list for when I get the new rig - really keen to hear how it stacks up against LIS etc :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:24 pm

M.Steiner
Yep! I wasn't planning to play it just yet as I still need to go back and finish LiS2 (I really need to do that lol) but noticed it was added to Xbox Game Pass for PC so figured I might as well play it now & get more of my £1's worth haha.

I found it a little more laid back in comparison to the LiS games. It lacked some of the emotional punches & cliffhangers of those games and most of your choices didn't really seem to have that much impact on things in comparison to to them either but the story was compelling & had a lot of heart, it has some really well written characters (Tyler especially) and I loved the combination of flashbacks & memory sequences to help fill in the backstory too. I'd still put the LiS games above it but it's well worth a play and something I'm sure you'll enjoy too mate :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:42 pm

M.Steiner
Mafia: Definitive Edition (PC)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:39 pm

M.Steiner
Genshin Impact (PC)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:22 am

M.Steiner
Watch Dogs: Legion (PC)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:54 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Wow, Legion is very pretty indeed.

How did you find performance bud? I heard it might not be the best optimised?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:43 pm

M.Steiner
Yeah, performance wasn't great on my rig. I took those screenshots maxed out at 4K & with ray tracing enabled but as much as I wanted to (RT really does look phenomenal here) there was no way I could actually play it like that. Settled for max (RT aside) at 1440p - which I couldn't hit 60 fps with either so had to lock it to 30. Hoping Cyberpunk will run a little better for me! :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:59 am

M.Steiner
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PC)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Thoroughly enjoying my time with this but also itching to start Demon's Souls on PS5 haha. I don't look to have that much further to go but don't wanna rush it at the same time lol.
Since the soft reboot of Origins Ubi have really been on a roll with AC & have managed to improve upon the formula once again with Valhalla. Pretty impressive for such a long running series to still be putting out some of the best entries in the series after all this time imo & Valhalla is certainly up there with the best of them. Might even be my fav yet depending on the little bit I have left!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:52 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Oh wow that second shot in particular is STUNNING! Very very nice pics as always bud :)

Glad to hear you're giving it a good review - I need to get back to AC with Origins/Odyssey when I get my new PC. Been a while since I played one now, and curious to see what all the praise is about!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:35 pm

M.Steiner
Demon's Souls (PS5)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Bloodborne is still my favourite Soulsborne game but Bluepoint have done an incredible job with this remake. Never played the original (just seen vids) so this was my first time with the game & what an experience it was! Superb!

Cyberpunk 2077 up next. Can you believe it?! :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:28 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Cyberpunk 2077 (PC)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

A few to start us off - you know I don't tend to take a lot of screenshots as I play but DAMN this game is pretty on ultra with RT on quality mode. The smoke and hair effects in particular blow me away. It's always the little details that make graphics not quite live up to promise for me - eyes, hair, face - but this is really blowing me away on all fronts so far visually.

Expect I'll take quite a few more - I'm still really early on...
preparing for the job for the chip for Dex, but going to do some side stuff first
so plenty more game to come!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:01 pm

M.Steiner
Bugs & everything aside, it definitely made sense for a new build for the PC version. Great screens mate (and not at all jealous of your rig lol) ;D

Cyberpunk 2077 (PS5 BC)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

I'll take some more/better ones when they release the next-gen update next year but for now, these are from the PS4 version running on the PS5 via backwards compatibility. Thankfully this looks & runs better than it would on a base PS4 (those players really got shafted here) so has been totally playable (imo) if you can put aside the bugs & crashes. That being said, they should not have launched it in this state but delayed it one more time not only to iron those out but to launch the proper PS5/XSX versions day 1 with others as well.

I have been thoroughly enjoying the story & setting (main story is on the short side, however several of the side quests suppliment it very well & might as well be considered main ones too to be fair), and there are some great characters in there too which you get more out of by doing said "side" quests (Judy & Panam have been particular favourites of mine), but it's hard not to let some of the issues spoil the experience for you somewhat. Crashes have been the main problem for me & which I have actually lost count of now. Some of their design decisions seem a little weird too, like how you're constantly given side gigs etc from characters you've never met in person yet and then have tons of icons all over your map (of which there is an overwhelming amount when you count all the other stuff as well). I would have preferred to be introduced to them in person first, learn a bit about them etc before starting to do jobs for them. Finding them on the map & actually going to them doesn't really offer anything new either, just the same as you'd get via phone/messaging. Were those cut back or something? Not sure but they feel like a step back with them and quality always > quantity too.

I've still not finished the game (I'm at the point of no return but still have tons of side stuff left to do) but until they've fixed it up a bit and perhaps got that next-gen update out as well so it can be experienced at its best on the new consoles too, I would still rate The Witcher 3 above this, and I still consider The Last of Us Part II to be my GOTY too. That could very well change when they've patched it up as even with the issues it's still fantastic, but the potential is there (and always has been) for it to be so much better. Excited to see what they do for story DLC too! :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:57 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Your pics look great too bud, especially given all the issues console has had! Definitely not too far behind at all to my eye :) A few more from me:

Cyberpunk 2077 (PC)

Image Image
Image Image
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage

As for thoughts from me...I think you make some good points there bud as we've discussed. I'm, as always, hesitant to judge TOO much before finishing the story, but the cliffnotes of my current feelings would be:

1) It's a serious step backwards from Witcher 3 (and even 2) and CDPR as a whole. Bugs are becoming more and more prevalent (though no crashes yet thankfully), quality of side content is substantially lower, main story is not gripping me as hard. If we're talking GOTY, Persona 5 Royal was MILES better than this for me.

2) You're 100% right that all the gig content etc is totally overwhelming. Once I got past the credits I had just five minutes nonstop of people calling me for random gig stuff etc - it's too much, and the content itself rapidly feels unimportant and dull. I'd rather have less, but properly fleshed out quests like TW3 had.

3) The game is gorgeous, and it hits everything out of the park on that front.

4) I want to push on with the story to get more into it, but at this point feel afraid to because I know it's so short and I don't want to miss anything. This is meaning that the side content is actually detracting from the enjoyment for me and making it harder for me to get into the game. Not a good situation.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:02 am

M.Steiner
Decided to take some more now lol.

Cyberpunk 2077 (PS5 BC)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Currently working my way through the side quests I've got left now before I proceed past the point of no return. Some of those are actually pretty brilliant tbh and just as good/fleshed out as some of the main quests. Story & world building for that lot has been fantastic, all things said, and both together do rack up the playtime above what some reviewers had claimed. Do still wish they had included more of those & less of the gigs/NCPD etc stuff though :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:49 pm

M.Steiner
Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:21 am

M.Steiner
Call of the Sea (PC)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Return to “General Discussions”