The STR Screenshot Thread

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: The STR Screenshot Thread

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:17 pm

M.Steiner
Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood (PC)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
It's good to be back!
Shadowbringers up next ;D
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:14 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Was actually just looking through my pics to see if I have any good ones of Stormblood, but I have precious few! I'll try and pull a few together this weekend to contribute here :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:59 pm

M.Steiner
Always the patch content & Shadowbringers if not! ;)
Got a few extra pics here from SB before I move on to ShB. Gonna break off momentarily to play Sea of Solitude (don't think it's very long so probably only take a day or two) and then jump in to the expansion once I'm done with that. It has a lot to live up to after reading all this hype lol.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood (PC)

Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:52 pm

M.Steiner
Sea of Solitude (PC)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:24 pm

M.Steiner
Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers (PC)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

This is a bigger than usual screenshot dump but I wanted to share all of these so.... enjoy! lol. Going to spoiler tag them since the expansion is still new and I know some of you may not want anything spoiling, even if it's just a scenic shot of a zone or a special FATE boss, but there are some big story spoilers in here too so I'm just gonna hide them all to be safe.

To have been able to raise the bar from Heavensward is no easy feat given how good that was but for me this has not only been the best FFXIV expansion, hands down, but one of the best experiences in the entire FF franchise. The MSQ, music, trust system, dungeon designs & bosses, all the new locations.... They nailed the lot imo. Amazing :)

My rating:
ShB > HW > 4.1 - 4.56 > 3.1 > 3.56 > SB > ARR > 2.1 > 2.55

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:38 pm

Isileth
Just made it to Kugane so thought I break into someones house for a few pictures, showing off my newly leveled Bard before taking a quick nap in my Black Mage gear (With Gigi keeping a careful watch over me while I slept).

The last two are bonus shots, a nice one I took during the story (Although I think pretty much everyone takes a shot in that location, a still image doesn't do it justice) and then a group shot taken with a bunch of strangers that all got together to form a train and run round Ul'dah for 20 minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:11 pm

M.Steiner
Love the pics, Isi! Good to see you & Gigi making yourselves at home there! ;)
How'd you like Kugane? There's a place in Shadowbringers which gave me a real "wow" moment in the story but the setting of Kugane & its level of graphical detail is still some of the best in the game for me. Love the place.

Isileth wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:38 pm
a group shot taken with a bunch of strangers that all got together to form a train and run round Ul'dah for 20 minutes.

:lol: :D

-------------------------------------------
I linked one of these on Discord last week but will drop it here along with another I took:
Image Image
Yoshi-P made a visit to a few servers during Gamescom last week where I managed to get a couple pics ;D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:35 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Your Bard gear looks really cool Isi! Actually really like that outfit!

And MS' house still looking as awesome as ever :D
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:53 am

M.Steiner
Control (PC)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:57 pm

M.Steiner
Borderlands 3 (PC)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:24 am

M.Steiner
Disco Elysium (PC)

Image Image
Image Image

I've been really picky with games recently; being indecisive as to which new releases to get (even when they'd normally have been a day 1 buy for me), not sure what I fancy replaying, starting stuff but not finishing them etc. Finally found a game to break that with Disco Elysium and I'm having to pry myself away from it on an evening to go to bed atm lol.

Still a few releases to come which I'm certain to get this year (Shenmue 3 for one, but probably Death Stranding and SW Jedi: Fallen Order too) but this is the first game so far which is likely to be going head-to-head with Shadowbringers for my GOTY methinks. Be sure to give it a look if PC is your platform of choice, I'm loving it :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:42 am

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:24 am
I've been really picky with games recently; being indecisive as to which new releases to get (even when they'd normally have been a day 1 buy for me), not sure what I fancy replaying, starting stuff but not finishing them etc.
I've had the same feeling too lately, which is why I'm floating around playing stuff that's been on my mind for a while rather than anything new. Enjoying replaying Mass Effect, but maybe it's the time of year for this kinda mood or something?!

Anyway, Disco Elysium pics looking great as always bud :D Might pick this one up when I get back to new releases!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:15 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:42 am
I've had the same feeling too lately, which is why I'm floating around playing stuff that's been on my mind for a while rather than anything new. Enjoying replaying Mass Effect, but maybe it's the time of year for this kinda mood or something?!

Anyway, Disco Elysium pics looking great as always bud :D Might pick this one up when I get back to new releases!
Could be! I think the thing with this year as well is that there hasn't been as much excitement or really big hitters coming out since we're almost at the end of this generation and about the shift into the next. 2019 has had its moments but it has been a little lackluster on the whole because of that I think. E3 suffered from it too. 2020 on the other hand is already looking crazy good though, thankfully! I expect a few of those will turn out to be cross-gen titles.

Also, yep, you should! Other than finishing Shadowbringers, if there was one other new release I'd recommend you play this year it would most definitely be Disco Elysium :)

The Outer Worlds (PC)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

After the disappointment of Fallout 4 (and the <censored> that has been Fallout 76) from Bethesda it's nice to finally get a new entry from Obsidian with Fallout: New Vegas 2! - Kidding aside, this is the next best thing and feels like a mix of New Vegas/Mass Effect. I wouldn't put it as one of my GOTY contenders but it's a damn good game and worth giving a try at some point. I hope to see more from this IP & Obsidian in the future.

This doesn't come to Steam until next year but if you don't have a console and/or don't fancy the EGS or waiting a year, it's also available with Xbox Games Pass for PC. Game Pass is 75% off atm so you could essentially play & finish this for £1 if you wanted. Worth a look anyway! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:55 pm

M.Steiner
Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
May have a few more when I get back to playing it - FFXIV took hold of me again with 5.11 lol.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:24 pm

M.Steiner
Shenmue III (PC)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
After a wait of just 18 years I've finally gotten to continue Ryo's story in Shenmue!! :D
I'm yet to receive any of my physical backer goodies but I don't mind waiting a bit longer for those tbh. It would have been nice to have a working code for my backer DLC before I started (ingame jacket, scrolls etc) though. As I couldn't wait (I did try! lol) I plodded on without them. They've since acknowledged the issue though so hopefully I'll have those ingame before I finish it.

Think my biggest complaint with the game is that the overall plot doesn't actually advance as much as I thought it would. Granted #3 was never supposed to wrap the story up (and fans have known that since the beginning) but even still, I expected it to move a little more than it is doing. Do have a few other niggles as well like with stamina/food and the combat (1 & 2 were much better imo). I just pray now that we manage to see a 4th game given the go-ahead and with any luck, a 5th where the story will most likely end. If it means returning to Kickstarter I am more than happy to pledge again, I just don't wanna see the journey end here. I guess we'll just have to wait and see....

All being said, I'm loving this and so, so happy it exists :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:08 pm

M.Steiner
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (PC)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:04 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Star Wars looks so visually stunning, but the gameplay is such a huge turn off for me. Really disappointing :(

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:35 pm

M.Steiner
Is there a certain part to the gameplay that you're not keen on? Or just the combination of it all that turns you off? :)

It felt like a mix of different games/genre's whilst I was playing it. The set pieces & traversal mechanics reminded me a lot of Uncharted & Tomb Raider (with a bit of Titanfall 2). Whilst the Metroidvania-like level design & combat were quite reminiscent of SoulsBorne at times. I don't think it really managed to top any of the games it "borrowed" from - Jack of all trades, master of none so to speak, but I really enjoyed it nevertheless and hope the rumours of a sequel are true.

My top two games for this year remain FFXIV: Shadowbringers & Disco Elysium. Next year is going to be amazing :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:16 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:35 pm
Is there a certain part to the gameplay that you're not keen on? Or just the combination of it all that turns you off? :)

It felt like a mix of different games/genre's whilst I was playing it. The set pieces & traversal mechanics reminded me a lot of Uncharted & Tomb Raider (with a bit of Titanfall 2). Whilst the Metroidvania-like level design & combat were quite reminiscent of SoulsBorne at times. I don't think it really managed to top any of the games it "borrowed" from - Jack of all trades, master of none so to speak, but I really enjoyed it nevertheless and hope the rumours of a sequel are true.

My top two games for this year remain FFXIV: Shadowbringers & Disco Elysium. Next year is going to be amazing :D
Mmm, just the third person actiony nature of it. Wall running particularly makes me think "yeah, not my thing". It's just an action game where I wanted an RPG is all - not overly my thing.

As for my best of the year, I still say Heavensward but Shadowbringers is very close behind. Disco Elysium I've yet to play, but I'll be starting it when I finish my Mass Effect run so will report on that in 2020 :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:34 am

M.Steiner
Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC)

Image Image
Image Image
Looking at a list of upcoming titles with confirmed release dates it looks like FFVII:R (3rd March) will be my first 2020 game. Planning to play backlog games until then, along with a couple games I picked up in the Steam sale (and dipping in and out of FFXIV like usual as well ofc).

So, first on my list is Yakuza Kiwami 2 (ty again Anny! <3)
Really hope we see PC releases for the remasters of 3-5 this year, as well as Judgment which I've also held off on buying for PS4 (just incase that too gets announced for PC). Love these games :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:35 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Yakuza looks so so pretty. I need to get back to the franchise at some point as 0 was so great, I just have so much more sitting in front of it in my queue right now :blank:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:58 pm

M.Steiner
Final Fantasy XIV (PC)

Image Image
Image Image

Been a few weeks since I posted any screenies so here are a few pics showing off the new ocean fishing, shark mount, minion & chocobo barding from FFXIV Patch 5.2 :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:51 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Was wondering when the next batch of screenies would come :D

Lovely pics as always bud, that fishing one actually has me nostalgic for our old FFXI fishing afternoons!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:43 pm

M.Steiner
Ty! It has been very reminiscent of our fishing days in XI, yep! Good times :D

Still in a bit of a gaming rut atm for anything but FFXIV tbh (hence the lack of screenies). Got lots to be played in my backlog but having trouble picking something out which I actually fancy playing & know I'll stick with. I expect I'll be playing the new Ori game in a couple weeks though, and definitely RE3R, FFVIIR & TLOU2 in April & May so expect some screenies from those if nothing else! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:18 am

M.Steiner
Final Fantasy VII Remake Demo (PS4)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
:heart_eyes:
It is amazing!!

Return to “General Discussions”