The Australian Pink Floyd Show

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

The Australian Pink Floyd Show

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:19 pm

M.Steiner
Thought I'd share something a little different on our YouTube channel today!
Saw these guys last night:
Aussie Floyd Wiki wrote:The Australian Pink Floyd Show, more frequently referred to as the Australian Pink Floyd, are a Pink Floyd tribute band formed in 1988 in Adelaide, South Australia. Their live shows attempt to recreate the look, feel, and sound of Pink Floyd's later world tours, employing visual aids such as lasers, inflatables and a large display panel similar to Mr Screen. The Australian Pink Floyd Show play venues worldwide.

The band are noted for replicating the nuances of Pink Floyd's work. The guitar rig of Steve Mac closely resembles David Gilmour's set-up, and includes elements custom-produced by Pete Cornish, who has worked extensively with Gilmour. The band associates itself with individuals who have worked with Pink Floyd over the years, including Colin Norfield (who has worked as a sound engineer for David Gilmour in his solo career and for Pink Floyd during their 1994 Division Bell Tour and Clive Brooks – Nick Mason's long-time drum technician.

The show includes a round screen with intelligent lights arranged around its perimeter. During a concert, movies and animations are displayed on-screen, complementing the band's light show. Inflatables (such as the pig used by Pink Floyd during the Division Bell Tour, and Skippy – the band's own giant pink kangaroo and named after the Australian TV series Skippy The Bush Kangaroo) are frequently employed in the band's shows.
Aussie Floyd Wiki wrote:In 1994, David Gilmour attended an Australian Pink Floyd Show performance at the Fairfield Halls in Croydon. He subsequently invited the band to attend the end-of-tour, after-show party for The Division Bell tour at Earls Court Exhibition Centre in London.

The Australian Pink Floyd are the only Pink Floyd tribute act to play for a member of Pink Floyd; in 1996, they performed at David Gilmour's 50th birthday party.
I've got 3 more videos to upload so I'll be tweeting those/sharing them here once they're up. I wish I had managed to get a vid of The Great Gig in the Sky (incredible vocals on that, I'll keep a lookout and see if anyone else puts a vid up) but the others I have are High Hopes, Comfortably Numb & Run Like Hell.

They're playing the Echo Arena in Liverpool tonight then Stoke (16th), Preston (17th), Leicester (19th) & Birmingham (20th) before they move on through EU. If you're a Pink Floyd fan (or just appreciate good music!) give these guys a look if they ever come your way. Absolutely brilliant :)
Enjoy the vids! More soon...
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: The Australian Pink Floyd Show

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:06 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Videos look great mate - superb job filming :)

Really glad you enjoyed the gig! :D
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:15 pm

M.Steiner
Thanks mate, hope you enjoy yours too! :)

Last 3:
:thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:11 pm

M.Steiner
Little bump.
North American tour announced wrote:Acclaimed tribute band, The Australian Pink Floyd Show, today announced a North American tour kicking off on July 21 in Lewiston, New York at Artpark. Promoted by Live Nation, the 30+ date tour will take the world famous band to Los Angeles, Chicago, Toronto, Boston, Atlanta, Montreal, New Orleans and more. Led Zeppelin2 will join the tour as special guests. For a complete list of dates and cities, see below. Tickets go on sale beginning May 1 at http://www.livenation.com. Check local venue websites for details on their on-sale dates.

Selling 4 million tickets worldwide and described by The Times as "the Gold Standard" and The Daily Mirror as "The Kings of The Genre," The Australian Pink Floyd Show gave its first concert in Adelaide, Australia in 1988. Since then, they have performed in over 35 countries worldwide; played at David Gilmore's 50th birthday celebration and were even joined on stage by Rick Wright.

Performing the music of Pink Floyd with note for note perfection, this critically-acclaimed tribute show has been astonishing audiences worldwide and their plans for North America are no different as their live shows will be packed with the greatest Pink Floyd hits ever. Striving to reproduce the Pink Floyd experience and bring new music to new audiences, the live show continues to include a stunning light and laser show, video animations, film projected onto a large circular screen and other special effects. With 27 years of history, the world's biggest, best and greatest tribute band continues to delight audiences.
aussiefloydna.jpg
aussiefloydna.jpg (199.64 KiB) Viewed 6990 times
Source.

Consider seeing them if you can and one of those dates isn't too far away from you. I got some pretty great vids from the show I went to (I think) but they still don't compare to actually being there in person, or really do them justice tbh. Soooo good.
Tickets were very reasonable (at least over here) and you'll have a great night I can assure you. Report back if you do!, I can't wait to see them again whenever they come back :D

Return to “General Discussions”