Merry Christmas Everyone!

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Merry Christmas Everyone!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:29 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Somehow, it's that time again already. Seems to get quicker every year - I'm getting old!

Hope you all have a great Christmas and all the best for the New Year, as always :) 2015 is already looking like a great year for games, so here's to us hopefully getting together and playing some over the next 12 months :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: Merry Christmas Everyone!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:15 pm

M.Steiner
Here, here :)
Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas and that 2015 is a good'un for us all!. :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:41 am

SL33PY
Merry Christmas & A happy new year.

All the best for 2015, the year we'll get "The witcher 3" :D

Also I now know why TW3 is postponed, it'll take me way past februari to finish Dragon Age Inquisition (loving it)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:32 pm

Isileth
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:25 pm

esd
And a Happy Bah-humbag to you all! :lol: :thumb:
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:59 pm

Whizbang
You're all a bunch of bastards and I hope the holidays kill you through massive gift-n-food strokes.

Merry Christams you dorks. :p
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:58 am

enlightened
Have a wonderful Xmas and happy new year everyone!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:54 pm

Padishar
Merry Christmas and a Happy Carb Coma!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:46 pm

M.Steiner
What did you all get for Christmas this year then? anything nice?. Buy anyone else something special in return? :)

This is the first year without my Dad so that has been a little sad at the back of my mind I will admit, but we've tried to keep the day happy and special as best we can. Think we've managed to. Dunno about you guys but Christmas has always been my favourite time of year ever since I was a kid. Just a really nice time of year for family, thinking of others and sharing gifts with one another. Oh and eating lots.
We always spoil each other at Christmas. I normally go a little crazy at Christmas with the buying myself too but hey, if you can't spoil your loved ones at Christmas, when can you, eh?. Close family wise we've never really been ones for giving money or vouchers or whatever so we always go for things to wrap. I know some people prefer that (money/vouchers), and each to their own ofc. But there's just something nice about sitting around a Christmas tree on Christmas morning exchanging presents which people have put time and thought into, and seeing the look on peoples faces when they open the stuff you've bought for them too. Love it :)

I said on IRC earlier that I'd share a pic of the snow globe I mentioned in passing so here that is. I took some other pics whilst I was at it so I thought I'd post those too.

Click to enlarge the pics
ImageImage
Breaking Bad snow globe & candy (it tastes like mint "rock" hehe) :D

ImageImage
20th Century Boys manga from Urasawa. This is the guy behind Monster which some of you will know to be my #1 anime (and I'm slowly collecting the manga as it re-releases). This is one of the highest rated manga there is. Also got the last 3 volumes of the FMA which I'm currently reading but hadn't completed my collection of.

Lovely engraved board (I do all the cooking here hehe) and one of my new Wusthof knives. Tis a 7 piece set but just the one pictured. They're like bloody razor blades.

Complete collection of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood on blu-ray and a copy of Warcraft III Gold Edition (Played it, just never actually owned it myself)

Das Boot (I haven't seen this before), Schindler's List, Back to the Future trilogy & Downfall on blu-ray annnnd Slash & Myles Kennedy's new(ish) album, World on Fire.
Few other bits and pieces too and a tiny bit of money which I bought Telltale's Game of Thrones with whilst it was a daily deal on Steam.

Won't list all of the gifts I bought as well but I did snag some tickets for Fleetwood Mac next year (2 dates) as a family present, and one of those dates completely sold out within around 2 minutes of going on sale heh. My Mum a signed edition of a new book, dressing gown and a couple of games for her Wii U (Lego games as she can't get enough of those!) among a few other things. Got my brother some books too as he's a big reader (I read "picture books", he reads literature lol), a smart tv for his bedroom, a Pink Floyd t-shirt.. etc.

You guys get or give anything special? Share some pics! :)

Anyway... time to go collapse in a heap somewhere methinks!. Hope you all had a great day <3 :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:37 am

Isileth
My parents bought me anti hair loss shampoo, I'm not happy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:36 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Bleh...now that I'm back in work and depressed I can muster up the will to answer this!

I didn't get tons (as usual - we're not big on masses of presents), but very pleased with what I did get :)

I've recently started a BSG rewatch, but only have very old copies of the first season on DVD. So I got the boxset, which will allow me to carry on with this! Also picked up a copy of Wolfenstein: New Order, which I've wanted to played for a while.

Some friends got me an amazing Hannibal t-shirt, as I've been looking for one for a while, so that made my day. I also got some lovely art prints from a friend of mine who works as a photographer, which I'm going to get framed and up on my wall later this week! Probably happiest with this present I think :)

A little belatedly, I also got a copy of Don't Starve Together on Steam, which has really surprised me as to how fun it is. Will be picking up the SP version tonight I think it's impressed me that much!

Anyone else?
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:14 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:I also got some lovely art prints from a friend of mine who works as a photographer, which I'm going to get framed and up on my wall later this week! Probably happiest with this present I think :)
Nice. You'll have to post some pics :)
The prints I have hung up are all related to either a game, movie, music or tv show rather than photography but I'm a sucker for framed art. Last one I got for myself was the Ghost in the Shell print I posted in the anime forum a while back, haven't got any others since but I've still got a couple waiting to be framed as well (got them months and months ago mind). Have to stop myself looking at them from time to time though as I always give in and end up buying stuff even when I have no where to put them. I have to start rotating lol.
Will be picking up the SP version tonight I think it's impressed me that much!
Don't Starve hasn't been a daily yet (afaik) so I'd expect to see a better deal for it mate. If it gets 75% off it'll be £2.74 rather than the £6.59 it is atm :thumb:
Let us know how it is either way though. I got it free with PS+ (PS4) at one point but it's another one of those games in my backlog hehe.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:53 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Will post a photo up when I've got them framed, but if you're curious you can find two of them here and here :)

I don't really collect art, but love the environmental ones she makes particularly, so it's a real treat for me to get copies!

And yeah, I was thinking Don't Starve might become a daily - might wait it out for a day or two to see if it gets picked. I can't play tonight, so no rush. Definitely will pick it up before the sale ends though!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:09 am

SL33PY
christmas was kind of meager to me this year, I got a set of lego's which I bought myself :sweat:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:42 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:Will post a photo up when I've got them framed, but if you're curious you can find two of them here and here :)
Some nice work there!. I like both of those (though less keen on the oil painting filter that appears to have been used on the second one). The Florence photo is quite beautiful :)

SL33PY wrote:christmas was kind of meager to me this year, I got a set of lego's which I bought myself :sweat:
Lego was by far my favourite toy growing up, probably why I've always loved games like SimCity!. If I had anywhere to display them I'd be all over some of those huge expert sets (like the Tower Bridge) but I'm not sure where I'd put em once they'd been built lol :D

Return to “General Discussions”