What MMO's are you interested in or currently playing

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

What MMO's are you interested in or currently playing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:54 am

SL33PY
I currently have 5 Eve accounts (3 active) and an Anarchy Online account, I don't really play either one a lot at the moment due to real life (TM)

What I am interested in is hearing from all of you what MMO games rock your boat or what MMO games are on your radar, but not yet released.

I want to get this conversation going asap so others can start to share your interest and we can start to organize ourselves better to help us grow as a community.

:thumb:

Re: What MMO's are you interested in or currently playing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:40 pm

Isileth
I just recently had my annual AO binge, actually got the furthest I ever have, must have 10+ chars littered around the lvl 70 mark and 4-5 at 100. Managed to push on and get a Fixer to 150, a lot faster this time round with the daily quests, also means I can now roll my very first ever QL200 implants. Still a froob as ever though :(

As for MMOs to play its not really an area I pay attention to. While im not a big MMO player I would be very happy to get going with a bunch of you guys in pretty much whatever is out there, I have tried on and off in quite a few F2P ones about the years, I generally have fun till around level 20-30 or so and then the grind kicks in and the fun drains away.

I do still enjoy making new chars and trying new games out though, and certainly playing with the guild would make it a lot more fun as well.

Possible option off the top of my head would be Secret World, obviously made by the same guys as AO and I know gridstream has a presence in that as well which always makes it more fun :) Not the newest game but its supposed to play quite differently from a normal mmo from what I have read, something ive almost jumped into on my own a few times now. I'm open to anything though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:22 pm

Whizbang
Currently playing Archeage and let my WoW sub expire so that I could start up in AA. Beyond that, I'm patiently waiting for W40K:Eternal Crusade to roll out. I'm also interested in Life is Feudal since it does appeal to my more crafty/hardcore side. Although LiF could be more of an MP game than an MMO.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:33 pm

M.Steiner
Star Citizen is one that often pops up on IRC which I suppose could be classed as a massively multiplayer game. I'm not generally a fan of space games (and am very picky when it comes to my sci-fi tv too) but since several others here seem to have their eyes set on it and it's a potential new group for us I'll at least give it a try when it becomes more complete. So count me down for that one.
The only other upcoming MMO I had an interest in was World of Darkness and that got cancelled :/. (Was interested in learning more about Blizzard's Project Titan too but that got canned as well lol)

As for current ones.. I loved what I played of WildStar but I was the only person here playing it unfortunately. The last time I played it was on and off during the time of my father's hospitalization and death and haven't played it since. Cancelled my subscription for it as my playtime was being pissed away basically and I was just wasting money, so not through fault of the game itself. Not sure I'd want to resub to it just yet as I think it would still have those memories attached to it... but I might be open to resubbing in the future some time if others here decided to give it a go this time around. Server restrictions would apply though so it would be EU for me.

Didn't have an interest for Archeage but it has been mentiond before too (and it's free to play iirc) so I may still give that a try at some point, assuming others are and a group is a possibility. If not I probably won't bother.

I played a bit of FFXIV in beta which was alright, though I didn't give it much thought at the time since my attention was on WildStar at the time and I wasn't going to be paying a sub to 2 MMOs. As above, I could give that another look if others here wanted to give it a try and maybe get a group going if enough decide to stick with it?. Though I can't remember if that has EU/US region restrictions or whether it's open like TOR was?.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:08 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
MMOs....currently, there isn't much drawing my eye in this space.

As were others, my main interest lay primarily with World of Darkness, but with CCP now having killed that there's nothing out there that really interests me.

I did enjoy FF14 for a while very recently, but my sub for that has now expired. I would be willing to resub if we got a group going, but other than that probably not. It was fun, but less so without people to talk to.

I'll consider any MMO that others want to suggest and make a go of, but it'd take something good to make me pick it up currently I'd say - just don't feel like I have the time to justify them these days!

Not including Star Citizen here as I don't class it as an MMO myself, so will handle that in the other thread :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:37 pm

Zephir
Currently playing ArcheAge and enjoying it, levelling a Nuian Daggerspell on Inoch.

I'm taking a short break from FFIV:ARR which I also enjoy, but time does not allow me to play two mmo's at once :(

Trying to decide between Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous both look great so will probably end up getting both, where will I find the time :confused:

Life is Feudal looks interesting, my wife is playing LiF:YO which is in early access on steam. LiF:YO is the personal server version of what will eventually be the full MMO, and allows you to run a server with a 3km x 3km world with up to 64 players.

Zeph.
"You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese." - Spaced (1999)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:03 am

Whizbang
Zephir wrote:
Life is Feudal looks interesting, my wife is playing LiF:YO which is in early access on steam. LiF:YO is the personal server version of what will eventually be the full MMO, and allows you to run a server with a 3km x 3km world with up to 64 players.

Zeph.
How is your wife enjoying LiF? Does it live up to the hype so far? How is crafting/gathering?
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:24 pm

Kon
If those playing ArcheAge wanted to get together on the same server, I would like to give it a go as well. As it stands, it seems like the kind of game which is very difficult to play alone. The problems surrounding ArcheAge's launch actually led me to try out Rift, which I've been enjoying quite a bit. I'm approaching max level, though, so it remains to be seen how much there is to the game after that.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:44 pm

Zephir
@Mech Sorry for taking so long to reply

My wife is loving Life is Feudal, the crafting and gathering are the thing she loves in these games.

Certainly the farming seems to be pretty deep, crops have 8 growth stages, soil needs to be fertilized, crop yield is affected by weather/season, and crops die if not harvested in 1/3 the growth time.

Keeping livestock includes the fun of mucking out, just like in the real world, and animals age and there is an optimal age to kill them to get the best quality meat.

Crafting/cooking has a recipes that require resources (some natural, and some crafted), and require special tools and and things like furnaces, forges, ovens, etc

Combat is not button mashing you actually have to aim and swing your sword/axe, you have hit points that are depleted by damage, but you can also acquire wounds and fractures, or bleed which impair your abilities or cause ongoing damage.

It certainly seems to keep my wife busy for hours :)
"You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese." - Spaced (1999)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:18 pm

SSX-Andy
The one that peaked my interest today is Skyforge, http://sf.my.com/us?lang=en_US

Action oriented, one character can have all classes.

Co-developed by Obsidian, who seem to have a lot good going now with Pillars of Eternity and Armored Warfare coming up as well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:49 am

Anubis
Site Admin
SSX-Andy wrote:The one that peaked my interest today is Skyforge, http://sf.my.com/us?lang=en_US

Action oriented, one character can have all classes.

Co-developed by Obsidian, who seem to have a lot good going now with Pillars of Eternity and Armored Warfare coming up as well.
Co-developed by Obsidian? What? Why haven't I heard about this!?

Going to have to do some serious reading about this. Thanks for the tip Andy :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:42 am

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:Co-developed by Obsidian? What? Why haven't I heard about this!?
I'll have a look into this later on as well (ta for pointing it out Andy!) but under any other circumstances I would probably take this as a hint as it's never usually a good sign, Anny.
Do we know what Obsidian's role in this is exactly? Have they outlined which parts of the game and/or how much involvement they actually have with it?. Co-developed could mean any range of things really. I doubt it's 50/50, and probably not the writing at least but I'm happy to be proved wrong.
Will have a proper look at it later though as I say! :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:39 pm

Zephir
Funny you should ask about Obsidian's role, as I was just reading an article on mmorpg.com where they were interviewing someone from Obsidian about their role.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game ... dian-.html

Zeph.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:01 pm

M.Steiner
Zephir wrote:Funny you should ask about Obsidian's role, as I was just reading an article on mmorpg.com where they were interviewing someone from Obsidian about their role.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game ... dian-.html

Zeph.
Ahh, very handy timing! ;)

So..
Obsidian's specific responsibilities on the project are broken into three primary areas.

1. Design and development of additional player classes
2. Design and development of additional instanced gameplay content
3. Ongoing westernization and culturalization review and support

We are currently building small teams for class design and implementation (designers, character and concept artists, animators, FX artists, etc), and instance design (level designers), who collaborate day-to-day with their counterparts in Moscow.

Key team members include myself, Aidan Karabaich - Sr. Class Designer and Robert Lee. Aidan's past experience includes Project Copernicus and WildStar, and Robert's includes several Obsidian titles; Alpha Protocol, Fallout: New Vegas, and most recently Elder Scrolls Online.

Return to “General Discussions”