ArcheAge

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

ArcheAge

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:15 pm

SSX-Andy
http://www.archeagegame.com/en/

Korean MMO brought to the west by Trion (Rift, Defiance).

Free to play with a cash shop. Doesn't seem to be play to win.

Has anyone tried it or will anyone try it?

Haven't tried it yet myself, but will check it out when it's release.

Release day 16/9 (9/16 for those who prefer the strange notation).

Re: ArcheAge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:35 am

M.Steiner
I've heard of ArcheAge a few times before but never actually researched into it to find out more.
Will look into it shortly though and maybe give it a go after it releases sometime since it's free to play and all (assuming I like what I see ofc). Sep/Oct/Nov is jam-packed with new releases that I have already pre-ordered and want to play day one however, so I'm not sure how much time I'd be able to give another MMO inbetween all of those, even if I did really like it. That being said, the fact that it's f2p would be a big plus in that case as wasting subscription costs & gametime wouldn't be an issue. (I'll be waiting a bit before I reactivate my WildStar sub for that reason)

Let us know how you find it once you've had some hands on! :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:05 pm

Whizbang
I've played AA since alpha and it is a good game with lots of potential. Looking forward to the headstart next Friday and the hopes that the changes that were implemented between alpha and live don't affect the game too much. Also hoping that getting plots for farms/houses is much more attainable than it was in alpha.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:43 pm

SSX-Andy
Won't get on the prestart, but will try to give it a try at release.

Selling my apartment so the pre-release time is a bit full already and will probably be a few days late depending on when I can get the gaming rig connected again after the showings.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:37 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I seem to recall hearing about ArchAge years ago, has it really not released yet? Unless I'm thinking of another game...
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:26 pm

M.Steiner
"ArchLord" perhaps?
I had the same thought when I first heard of ArcheAge but methinks I was mistaking it with the above. I played the beta of that many moons ago heh.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:00 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:"ArchLord" perhaps?
I had the same thought when I first heard of ArcheAge but methinks I was mistaking it with the above. I played the beta of that many moons ago heh.
Ahhh, yes. That was it! Carry on then - ignore my confusion haha :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Return to “General Discussions”