Kinectless Xbox One Announced

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Kinectless Xbox One Announced

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:22 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Microsoft To Sell Xbox One Without Kinect

After all that posturing and claiming they'd never do it and that it was impossible too. Dear oh dear, the sales figures must be awful.

So glad I didn't get an Xbox One now. Feel sorry for those of you that did and had to pay more because of this :(
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: Kinectless Xbox One Announced

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:04 am

M.Steiner
Agreed, feel very sorry for those early adopters who have basically been shafted out of $100 less than 6 months after launch. That's the price they pay for jumping on board from the get go apparently?. Sad to see that MS have already said no to offering any kind of rewards/bonuses for those day one buyers too.
Not so integral after all eh?

Saying that though. If having an XB1 without kinect frees up some of the consoles resources and makes for an improvement gaming experience, perhaps more on par with the PS4 versions which have continually been reported to run at at higher resolution or frame rate.. That would screw everyone who already bought an XB1 not just on the $100 but from a performance point of view too. I guess we'll have to see just how much difference this will make for the machine though, if any. Sad either way.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:19 am

SL33PY
Still kinect or not... that was not it's selling point...

at least for me personally.

I'm skipping the Xbox (again) because none of the exclusive content is something I'm looking forward to or something I'm even remotely invested in.

I'm skipping the PS4 until after the die shrink that we all know will happen in a few years

My PS3 still runs great and I'm even contemplating on selling it off (it's a first gen PS3) that got refurbished during warranty once

My pc is where my love still is, just upgraded it to a dual GTX 760 setup with two full hd screens attached

I can run Far Cry 3 full hd on Ultra settings and my gpu's are both at around 45% average load :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:34 am

M.Steiner
PC is still where it's at for me too but I do love my other systems as well. PS3, PSVita & PS4. I don't tend to play multiplatform games on them (and will still leave those for PC if my system can handle em) but they all have shit I can't play on here and experiences I wouldn't wanna miss out on. PS4 less so with its current library but it's only a matter of time before that gets better and my early purchase pays off a little more.

I somewhat regret buying my 360 though. It did get a ton of use when I didn't have a PC capable of playing anything but once I got this I slowly replaced the 360 games I'd bought with PC versions (didn't bother for a few titles I weren't bothered about anymore). Pretty much every game I gave a crap about is on PC, including the once console/360 exclusives; Alan Wake, L.A. Noire, Brutal Legend. Only have 2 games left for it and that's Lost Odyssey & the Beatles Rock Band. Hell, I have more games for the Gamecube than that which I only picked up for £30-40 quid due to the Resident Evil games and I've never really been a Nintendo owner. Always a Sega kid.

Anyway, I don't believe Sony have to do anything in response to this. They were and are still in the lead as far as I'm concerned and their system still continues to outperform the XB1 for many games and will probably continue to do so. Just keep doing what they're doing, make sure they keep up with the demand and sweet updates like 1.7 and bring on the games. No need for a price cut of their own. Looking forward to seeing what they have in store for E3.

(Just out of curiosity, are the forums being really slow for anyone else here or is it just me?. Don't seem to be having the same problem on any other sites but I keep experiencing slowdowns on here like with previewing my post. Not all the time but enough to notice.)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:56 am

SL33PY
forums seem to perform normal once loaded, it did take a bit longer for the initial load i think, but it's not necessarily our forums, it might be the connection from the location i'm currently at

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:22 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I think Sony should actually react, and drop the PS4 price by $10 at E3. Would do them little harm, and it would completely throw everything MS have done through this under the bus by making sure the Xbox One was more expensive yet again.

I don't think they will because of their financial woes atm, but I do think it would be a smart move. At this point the more they make MS react, the better it will get for them. They should do everything to make sure they stay on the front foot.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:50 am

SoulSeeker
Well i ordered a PS4 lastnight got 70 quid off it ^^ tho i've got my preloaded usb stick and a 1TB drive ready for when it gets delivered prob tomorrow,it'll look good beside my xbox one LOL

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:03 pm

M.Steiner
70 quid knocked off it eh? Very nice indeed.
Welcome to the PS4 club! ;D

("Rigby85" like my XBL gamertag if you want to add me on PSN mate)

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:21 pm

SoulSeeker
TDX-LVY3 gives you 10% off any purchase over £75 at Tesco and staff discount is 10% and i had some clubcard points, £5.50 oh and my tag is SSXShingen :)

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:45 pm

M.Steiner
There we go, just accepted via my Vita :thumb:
Which games did you get for it btw? or are looking to get during the rest of the year? ^^

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:12 pm

SoulSeeker
Well i didnt get any yet lol bit pointless rebuying BF4 but watchdogs probably and the division oh and maybe drive club .

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:19 pm

SL33PY
division is postponed to 2015, sorry to break your hopes ;D

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:31 pm

M.Steiner
Will be getting Driveclub as well I think, along with Destiny in September. Got my eye on several others as well (MGSV, Rime etc) but don't have a date for those yet, mebbe we'll know more at E3 :)
May still get some of the multiplatform games for PS4 too if it looks like my PS4 will handle them better than my PC, but will have to see on those. Watch Dogs I'm getting for PC. Less than 2 weeks to go!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:34 pm

SL33PY
isn't drive club free?

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:21 pm

M.Steiner
Yes and no.
There's the PS Plus edition of Driveclub which is free for plus members but there are a few limitations with it.
The PS Plus edition gives you access to 1 location (of 5), 11 tracks (of 55) and 10 cars (of 50), but with all game modes and trophies (afaik). So you can get Driveclub for free if you like (as long as you're a PS Plus member ofc, but you'd need Plus to play online anyway) but there are a few drawbacks with it. You can however pay $49.99 to upgrade and unlock the rest of the tracks etc.
I still have my physical pre-order for it (from back when it was due to be a launch title) but I may go with the free ps plus edition first and then pay the upgrade if I like it enough. Then again if I buy physical and find it isn't for me I can trade that in at GMG for some store credit.. Haven't decided which to do yet :)

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:35 pm

SoulSeeker
I have a PS4 up and running with 860mb free space ^^ the first thing that hit me was the duelshock 4 is so so nice not like xbox ones creaky plastic thing sofar i'm converted looks like i'll be trading in my xbox one.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:24 pm

M.Steiner
SoulSeeker wrote:the first thing that hit me was the duelshock 4 is so so nice not like xbox ones creaky plastic thing
DS4 - Best controller I've ever used. So nice and you can even use it on PC too ^^

Return to “General Discussions”