It's been a long time....

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

It's been a long time....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:53 am

Lazlo Hollyfeld
Hey everyone....it's been a long time since I've posted here....just wanted to say "Hi" (Thanks, Annie and Mess for helping me retrieve my account!).

I still play quite a bit of LOTRO and I've also spent a lot of time over the past few years playing Fallout 3 (after playing through it, I got into extensively modding it, and am still playing through it again...), Baldurs Gate (took me awhile to get to it, but I love it), and a bunch of the FPS like all the FarCry, Halflife, Wolfenstein, and Halo games.

I still have a brand new unopened box containing Diablo 3....after playing the pre-launch version for about a week I was so dissappointed, I never even played the game after launch (and that was probably the game I looked forward to the most in the last decade....oh well)

In addition to LOTRO and Fallout 3, lately I've been playing a lot of geek boardgames and cardgames and really having fun with them....like Talisman...how is it that I've been a geek my whole life and nobody ever told me about Talisman?, and Small World, Munchkin, Dominion, and lately a Lord of the Rings version of Munchkin called Lord of the Munchkins (my wife made it for me). Up until a year or two ago, I was still playing d&d....haven't played that for awhile, but would like to.

My wife and I are also annual DragonCon attendees....if any of you ever get to Atlanta for DragonCon, let me know...here are some DragonCon pics....Spock and Uhura was 3 years ago, and for the past 2 years I've gone as Wolverine and my wife has gone as Storm. My hair is getting a little too long to pull off a good Wolverine so I was pretty happy to see the long-haired vagabond version of Wolverine in the new movie trailer....maybe I'll try to do that this year.

Anyways....hope you are all doing well and having fun! -Laz

"you see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. you're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. where can you go from there? where?"
-nigel tufnel

Re: It's been a long time....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:31 am

Messiah
Welcome back Laz. Nice pic, but I bet your wife looks better. ;)
"All I was trying to do was get people to want to make their own new ring of light so that it is forever a name with meaning and substance ...." - BlackDove the Beneficent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:30 am

Padishar
Welcome back Laz! Good to see ya :thumb:
StarTrek & Xmen? VERY Kewl! :cool:

I agree, Diablo 3 was a huge disappointment... its hard to imagine... Waited forever for it to come out, just to promptly uninstall it. :shake:

Glad to hear you still enjoy LOTR, I still enjoy the occasional PVP match in WoW. We have a dozen or so people that play regularly each week.
Been playing Rift "instant adventure" and tower defense games the most of recent.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:33 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Heyo Lazlo - great to see you around the place, it's been too long! :)

Love the Wolverine pic too - looks awesome :D
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:49 pm

M.Steiner
Hey hey Lazlo ^^
Nice to see an old face around here again. Great to have you back with us dude, welcome back! :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:19 am

SL33PY
welcome back

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:45 pm

Chimera
Huzzah! How goes it?
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:14 pm

Lazlo Hollyfeld
Mess, you are right....my wife makes a great Storm...

Yeah, Pad, D3 was SO dissappointing....I thought this guy (Herman Au) hit all the nails on the head with his Amazon review:

http://www.amazon.com/Diablo-III-Pc/pro ... ewpoints=0

btw...on LOTRO my characters are Bocephis and Mickelina on the Elendilmir server....and I still play a lot with Maiawen (an old SSXer).

Good to see and hear from you guys! At least as of right now, everything is good with me....would love to game with some of you again some time!
"you see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. you're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. where can you go from there? where?"
-nigel tufnel

Return to “General Discussions”