More proof monsters still exist

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

More proof monsters still exist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:09 pm

Ozone
Video coming out over here is horrific.
Thoughts to all the Bostonians, victims, and families of the injured and dead.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

Re: More proof monsters still exist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:58 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Aye. My thoughts go out to everyone affected. Hope no-one knew anyone who had the misfortune to be caught up in it :(
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:41 am

SL33PY
one down, one to go

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:03 pm

M.Steiner
Hopefully they will get this second guy alive but I'm betting not..
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:42 am

Stracius
They did get him alive, but it matters not. We will never understand the motivations of a person driven to murder others, unless we become the same.

The only question I have to ask is whether taking him alive really mattered. He will die, if only because this society will demand his life as penalty for his actions.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:35 am

M.Steiner
Stracius wrote:We will never understand the motivations of a person driven to murder others, unless we become the same.
On their level you are right of course, but at least now that they've managed to capture him alive we'll hopefully get to hear from the horses mouth as it were just what drove them to do what they did and why. Would have been different had he been killed as well.

What I don't understand.. is how these guys appeared to try and kill as many people as possible during the bombings but then nicked a car and drove for over half an hour with said owner in the vehicle with them, hearing everything they said and probably what their plans were and no doubt absolutely terrified too, but then they let him go. He could have been holding the owner of that house hostage too even though was injured (which I had been expecting earlier on) but no, I bet he'd been in that boat since the morning. It's like they didn't intend anymore deaths?. Why just the marathon? (Yes I known the MIT officer was killed and they exchanged fire with the police but I'm talking civilians.)
I suppose that comes back to what you say about how we'll never understand but at least this way we'll get to hear this lads story I hope.

His sentencing will be a long way off but I hope he doesn't receive the death penalty myself. Maybe that's what some people think he deserves in order to pay for taking the lives of others, including a poor child, and wounding so many other innocent people as we have seen in such awful pictures who's lives will now be changed forever, but it has been nearly 50 years since we executed anyone here in the UK and rightly so imo. Taking another human life (terrorist or not) does not make us any better in my eyes and will not bring those lives back or turn back the clock. It will not change anything. I'm sure some will feel very strongly the other way too but that's my personal opinion, probably best we leave that particular topic there heh :)

Yesterday was a very interesting day anyway. Must have been following reddit, the scanners and Sky News for 17-18hrs. Glad he has been caught alive and that no more people were harmed :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:46 pm

Stracius
To be sure, I'm glad that they're no longer a danger to the public. They certainly did some curious things over the course of the week, but I'm less concerned about those actions and more concerned about how they became "monsters". Did we create them, or did they create themselves? And what, if anything, could we learn from answering that question.

Time will tell.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:49 pm

Stracius
Cynical addendum: Who wants to take bets on investigators finding evidence that one or both of these guys played a video game at some point in their life?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:44 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Stracius wrote:Cynical addendum: Who wants to take bets on investigators finding evidence that one or both of these guys played a video game at some point in their life?
Sadly, I'd be amazed if this didn't turn out to be the case.

The important thing is they're in custody though. The blme will surely be apportioned another day - for now, I'm just glad they're no longer a threat to people.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Return to “General Discussions”