2014 Game Releases

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: 2014 Game Releases

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:13 am

SL33PY
M.Steiner wrote:Yeah, the Vigilante edition which comes with the cap and mask lacks both the Signature Shot & Breakthrough Packs that the Dedsec edition (as well as the Uplay Exclusive Edition and Digital Deluxe I might add) come with. I'm more of a statue guy myself but I admit that it's a little strange that those 2 editions weren't the other way around with the figurine replacing the cap/mask and those joining the artbook and everything with the Dedsec.

Like the figurine though they can both be bought separately too:
Aiden Pearce Cap
Aiden Pearce Scarf

These 2 should be the same as what comes with the Vigilante edition and are bought from the Ubi Workshop.

Means spending evening more ofc, unless you cancelled your dedsec and went with the Uplay Exclusive or Digital Deluxe instead, but at least they can still be bought outside of the Vigilante should you ever want them :)
Me wrote: Hi Ubi Workshop,

I'm a great fan of several Ubisoft franchises and a happy owner of a part of Ubisoft (Yay for stock markets :) ). My question is really simple, I'm wanting to buy the Dedsec edition, but on the other hand I love the Cap and Mask that are included in the Vigilante edition. My question is fairly easy: "Will the cap and mask be available for purchase on the Ubisoft Workshop?"

Please let me know asap

A big fan
Ubi Workshop Support wrote: Hello There,

Thank you for contacting us!

Our Design and Production team are currently working on the Watch Dogs collection however the final line of products is still not official so unfortunately I can’t tell at this point of time if the Cap and Mask will be available on Ubiworkshop.
Note that if we make the cap and/or mask it will not be the same products as the ones that are included in the Dedsec edition.

Thank you and have a great day!
Karolina
Are you sure that the linked items are the same? I just want it all, I think that the most expensive edition MUST have all the spoils, If the cap and mask are the same I'll probable order them both. I'll also order a new GPU (or set of GPU's I'm still debating that one)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:39 pm

M.Steiner
Ubi Workshop Support wrote: Hello There,

Thank you for contacting us!

Our Design and Production team are currently working on the Watch Dogs collection however the final line of products is still not official so unfortunately I can’t tell at this point of time if the Cap and Mask will be available on Ubiworkshop.
Note that if we make the cap and/or mask it will not be the same products as the ones that are included in the Dedsec edition.

Thank you and have a great day!
Karolina
This reply of theirs doesn't make sense.
1. There already is a cap and mask available for purchase/pre-order on Ubi Workshop, as linked above. What are they talking about? oO
2. Of course the cap and mask won't be the same as the ones that are included in the Dedsec edition because there is no cap and mask included in the Dedsec edition to start with. Only the Vigilante.
SL33PY wrote:Are you sure that the linked items are the same? I just want it all, I think that the most expensive edition MUST have all the spoils, If the cap and mask are the same I'll probable order them both. I'll also order a new GPU (or set of GPU's I'm still debating that one)
Not 100% sure but since they're both from Ubisoft I'd be surprised if the cap and mask they're selling on the workshop site is a different version than the ones included in the vigilante edition. I'm pretty sure that the figurine I bought is the same one that comes with the Dedsec edition too but you guys will be able to confirm that next month. Wouldn't make sense to me for them to produce 2 different caps and masks unless they had different styles and colour variations like the AC hoodies they sell but I may be wrong.
The exact same statues that came with the Freedom edition of AC3 and the Black Chest edition of AC4 can be bought on the Ubi store too so it seems quite common for them to offer collectors edition contents as standalone products to be bought separetly, outside of their editions.

If you wanna be 100% sure it might be best to wait until there are some unboxing vids or pictures of both so you can put them side by side and compare to see if they are infact the same or not :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:55 pm

SL33PY
I copy pasted those things from an email from before the first release date, but i think she meant the vigilante edition. I have ordered the cap, mask and hoodie yesterday. I'm eagerly awaiting their arrival. I'm looking forward to playing watchdogs in my new outfit :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:38 pm

M.Steiner
Ahh, that makes sense then hehe.
and enjoy your new outfit ^^. You'll have to let us know how they are once they arrive. May buy myself a few things from there myself with the discount code you posted in the other thread! :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:01 pm

SL33PY
My watchdogs swag is en route \o/ Tthe cap was temporary out of stock, hence the delay in postage :)

The delay was actually just one day so that's damn good service in my book :thumb:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:46 am

M.Steiner
Managed to get some slightly higher res images from my PS4 without going through twitter and having them destroyed. Still compressed I'm afraid but as near as I can get for now, they have come out rather well though!

inFamous: Second Son

Photo mode is bloody brilliant I must say, for someone who frequently takes screenshots in their games this is an awesome feature and something I could spend hours with. Hopefully more developers take note and decide to implement something similar in their games too. Should become the norm!
These were the first shots I took with it so I can probably do better tbh. Gonna have another play about with it later today so I'll be sure to share some more pics if I take some good ones ;)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:05 pm

M.Steiner
Second batch:
Must've been messing around with this for well over an hour already today hehe :D
Dont wanna flood the thread just with inFamous shots so I'll make those the last. As you can see though, even when posting screenshots that are still a little bit compressed you can see just how stunning it is. Will be interesting to see how Watch Dogs looks in comparison to this and its original E3 appearance tbh as rest of the game aside, I expect this to give Watch Dogs a run for its money in the graphics department.

Panorama too:
:thumb:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:19 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
That game really is beautiful. Stunning graphics.

Thanks for the pics MS :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:32 pm

M.Steiner
aye it does, and nps! :)

I came across these wallpaper sized images of the different Watch Dogs outfit packs earlier btw, thought you guys might appreciate em.
Think I've labeled them all correctly:

White Hat Pack (White Hat Hacker Outfit)

The Untouchables Pack (1920s Chicago Outfit)

Signature Shot Pack (Black Viceroys Outfit)

DedSec Shadow Pack (DedSec Outfit)

Cyberpunk Pack (Cyberpunk Skin)

Club Justice Pack (Chicago South Club Skin)

Blume Agent Pack (Blume Outfit)

mmm dat mobster outfit. Definitely gonna be rockin' that one methinks, though some of the others are rather sweet as well.
I know my Ubi Store pre-order comes with all of these, except for maybe the White Hat pack which I'm not so sure about. There's a small picture of it on the page (on the far right):
but reading the description under those it looks like this may be a mistake and that the picture should be of the Chicaco South Club outfit instead. Plus it's not listed here. So yeah, Ubi store pre-orders (for the Uplay Steelbook Edition, Digital Deluxe & DedSec Edition) look to come with all of these except for maybe the White Hat Hacker outfit. I may e-mail them about the latter just to see.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:01 pm

SL33PY
I'm going to be ready for Watch Dogs, just ordered a second 1080p monitor and 2 brand new 4GB MSI GTX 760's :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:23 pm

M.Steiner
SL33PY wrote:and 2 brand new 4GB MSI GTX 760's :D
Very nice indeed!
I've been toying with the idea of upgrading my card as well but I dunno... If I'm able to I'd like to fully upgrade on PC this year and get a new machine. If I'm going to be doing that it may be best if I just wait, plus I'd be buying a custom build rather than attempting to build it myself so I wouldn't really be able to transfer a card I bought now into said new machine later.
I don't expect my current card to be able to run it maxed out or even near (HD 6970) but I'm hoping it'll still run and look decent enough. Will soon find out...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:08 pm

SL33PY
My cpu is not the bottleneck atm, and even if it were I can still put in an i7, I currently have an i5-2500K and its not yet over clocked. I always build my own machine it saves me a lot of money, which means I just get more PC for the budget that I have :)

If you want any help lemme know I'll be happy to help you out

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:33 am

M.Steiner
Will keep that in mind, tis much appreciated ;)
Got an i7 930 in this with 6GB RAM and the 6970 so it's not like this thing is on its last legs already, still some life left in it. Will hold out a while longer and just do a full upgrade when the time is right and I have the money spare to do it with.

(Also e-mailed Ubi support to see if my Uplay Exclusive edition comes with the White Hat pack or not, although the site decided to display their contact form in French even though I was on their UK site. Whether I receive a reply in English or not is anyones guess lol.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:49 am

SL33PY
Ubi is still a french company, it's Infogrames from way back when... with some mutations :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:11 am

M.Steiner
Shared this on IRC last night but since I posted some of my inFamous: Second Son screenshots above: Real PS4 Screenshots Justify all That 'Next-Gen' Hype | Kotaku ^^
M.Steiner wrote:Image
Not much I guess but this made my day yesterday. Have been very happy with the results I've gotten from screenshots I've taken but there's some tough competition out there for sure, it's quite amazing seeing what other people have managed to capture as well. Some really incredible shots. The amount of attention inFamous has been getting with its photo mode I'd be surprised now if other developers don't take on, and I really hope they do as I said earlier. Not only does it add another layer to the game to get more play out of it and appreciate such attention to detail, but it's basically free advertising for them too. win win. I'd love a photo mode for Watch Dogs...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:05 pm

SL33PY
congrats on being the cool kid on the block :p now route those people to our forums and make em sign up on eve online... we need more active members :(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:15 pm

M.Steiner
New Watch Dogs stuff released 15mins ago btw. Lots of previews all over the net so they're kinda hard to miss. Here's a few vids though!
Going to watch now :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:21 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
As I said last night, grats on the screenshot being featured mate! Really pleased for you - well deserved too! You really produce some superb shots :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:58 pm

M.Steiner
<3

Quite impressed with the Watch Dogs multiplayer btw (new 9min gameplay vid above). Wasn't really interested in it to start with tbh but watching that kinda swung me around. The 3rd mode (decryption) looks rather fun, basically CTF when you get down to it but still looks pretty good to me. Will give that a try at some points methinks!, mebbe a few of us could do so together? :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:07 am

M.Steiner
SL33PY wrote:I have ordered the cap, mask and hoodie yesterday. I'm eagerly awaiting their arrival. I'm looking forward to playing watchdogs in my new outfit :D
Fancy the leather jacket to go with those? :D Now available from the Ubi Workshop as part of their premium range.
Tis only $1,199.99.

Nice though!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:49 pm

SL33PY
not unless they sell that shabby cardigan for an extra $750

faggotry no leather coat is worth that money

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:02 pm

M.Steiner
Bunch of new Watch Dogs screenies here:
From the NV site.

mmmm
Not long now

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:46 pm

Whizbang
So I'm a bit confused. Watch Dogs is an UbiSoft game and is using Uplay yet you can get a copy of Watch Dogs on Steam. How exactly does this work exactly?
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:02 pm

M.Steiner
My assumption is that it'll be similar to how they release their Assassin's Creed games.

- If you buy a physical copy of the game on PC it registers to Uplay.
- Buying a digital copy on steam uses steam (obviously) but goes through Uplay on top of that.
- Other digital stores (GMG etc) sell digital versions too but like a physical copy they register to Uplay and not Steam.

So it doesn't really matter where you buy it from they'll all use Uplay I think, and make use of the Uplay actions & rewards and what not. It does annoy me. I still prefer to buy physical copies of my games but I also like it when they register to steam as well. Just nice having as many games as possible all under one roof. If the games are still going to require uplay to play anyway and have people using their service I don't see why they can't just issue steam keys with the physical copies too.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:38 am

M.Steiner
Some of you may be aware of the big 1.7 update which hit PS4 earlier today, which (alongside a ton of other features like the ability to export screenshots & video via USB), added a sweet new app called SHAREfactory. A video editor for the PS4 which lets you edit your captured gameplay clips, add transitions, effects, music, commentary etc.
I've only ever done a tiny bit of video editing before and that was many years ago but I had a play about with the app earlier today and thought I'd share:
Nothing too flash and the ending didn't seem to render as smooth as it looked on the console itself (with the music cut off) but it's a damn good app. Pretty impressed with it tbh.
I'll probably still stick to screenshot taking & sharing more than videos but if I do anymore (either for inFamous again or for other games) I'll be sure to post em up.
Comments welcome btw :thumb:

Return to “General Discussions”