2013 Game Releases

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: 2013 Game Releases

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:01 pm

SL33PY
the size is also to do with their simulation engine, they can't support bigger atm, but i recon once the hardware and software gets tweaked and more mature, they'll be able to up the ante :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:38 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:Might try it out if they do a demo release or something.
Already responded on IRC about this earlier this afternoon when I said I didn't think there would be one but from @oceanquigley's twitter page:

Q: Is there likely to be a demo for #SimCity? I can't get a beta key & want to know if the game will play on PC before ordering!
A: Sorry, I don't know, although I doubt it - at least initially.

There's still all day tomorrow for the beta if you decide to give it a quick try mate. I would think the tutorial and initial 1 hour playtime you get to spend with your starter city will be enough for you to judge whether you can see yourself enjoying the full game tbh. Both give you a good introduction to the game, show you how things work and let you have a little play about on your own for a bit too. The beta basically is a demo as I said earlier, just not a final build.
You can ofc keep playing after that 1hr if you wanted (by restarting a new city) but I think that on top of the tutorial will be a decent enough taster of what you can expect and for you to tell whether it'll be for you or not. Hopefully it will ^^ :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:14 am

SL33PY
You better love it! My fanboi outfit is ready and i'll come haunt you in it if you don't buy it

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:28 pm

M.Steiner
SL33PY wrote:You better love it! My fanboi outfit is ready and i'll come haunt you in it if you don't buy it
Order Placed: 27 Mar 2012
SimCity - Limited Edition : £26.87

Oh I jumped on that shit the month it was announced ;)
The beta just just increased my excitement for it by a ton hehe.

I think quite a few of us here have pre-ordered it now actually.
I know you pre-purchased it from the GMG deal, QD said he'd done so on Origin I believe, Mech kept his pre-order from Amazon this weekend and Ava pre-ordered after playing the beta this weekend too. BD was also on about buying it for the co-op/multiplayer aspect of it as well most likely so including me that's 5 or 6 of us for release.
I still doubt there will be a demo of it since this beta weekend was essentially that and it's a shame I couldn't convince you to try it too Anny, if only for that 1hour which would probably have been plenty for you to judge. Hopefully you'll consider getting it for release too and come join us all? Bit more risky since you didn't try the beta ofc but then we run that risk with every game we buy which doesn't have a playable demo before release!. Would be nice to have you with us too though :)

Did anyone else try the beta this weekend? and/or will be getting this at release? What did you think?

There are still some bugs & glitches which need ironing out before release but that's all part of the beta process ofc. Same as their server stuff - which to be fair was a lot smoother on the whole than I had anticipated tbh.
I would still like to see some bigger cities added sometime after launch if possible, which Ocean was quoted on twitter as saying "Probably, although its going to take a bunch of engineering!". This wouldn't be a deal breaker though. The level of detail in this game and the sheer amount of stuff that is being simulated alllll the time really is incredible so the bigger cities is something I could overlook if I have to. We now have the multiplayer focus of our cities and regions too and this is going to add a whole new depth of gameplay we haven't seen before in SimCity.
Couple of other things which could do with some work too like the road junctions (though these are more like glitches), park upgrading so they "sit" together better, and a few tweaks to the road placement guidelines so it's easier to tell how much room you need to leave between roads for your buildings to upgrade.

I loved every single minute of the beta myself and March can't come soon enough now. Maxis have done an incredible job on this game and you can tell a lot of love and thought has gone in to crafting it. The tech behind it all really is something to behold too.
I took some great screenshots too but I'll keep those on my desktop for the time being. A lot of people have been posting their pics all over the net but I don't wanna run the risk of us getting into trouble so I'll leave mine off the forum for now. Will post them in a thread at release though. Some of you will have already seen some of them in IRC :)

@oceanquigley wrote:Did you notice the field-of-view changing with zoom? Camera's almost orthographic when zoomed out, opens to wide angle with zoom in.
It's the camera move that Hitchcock used in Vertigo, and man, it was hard to tune so that things continuously got smaller as you zoomed out.
These guys are awesome.

Hope to see ya'll at launch!
5th March for US / 8th for EU. Less than 6 weeks away ;D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:03 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:Will post them in a thread at release though. Some of you will have already seen some of them in IRC :)
I was wondering where the thread was haha :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:25 pm

M.Steiner
Well, my Wizard's Edition of Ni No Kuni has just been dispatched for delivery tomorrow, release day!. I've had quite a few issues with my order over the past few days so was getting increasingly worried and pissed off as I wasn't the only one having problems and they were all for NNK. Plus the fact that the WE was oversold in the US and lots of people had their pre-orders cancelled due to them not being able to fulfill them all. So yeah, was looking like the same was going to happen to those of us having issues over here too. I can relax now, will still get it for release day even :D

Will it turn out to be one of the "finest JRPGs of this century"? Not long to find out but I sure as hell hope so. Been too long!
Lost odysseys: are JRPGs about to explode?

I'll post my own thoughts once I've had some time with it, assuming I feel the same maybe it'll encourage some of you PS3 owners to grab a copy too :thumb:

Finished my first playthrough of The Cave earlier this week too btw. The PC version doesn't suffer from some of those graphical problems and glitches like the console version does and feels better with mouse & keyboard than a controller which is a good thing too but I'll be honest, after breaking off from it to spend time with the SimCity beta weekend and then going back to playing it.. bit of a big contrast lets say. I just wanted to go back to SimCity heh..
It's still a decent game don't get me wrong, pretty darn good infact (loved the carnival level in particular, and the twins mansion). Worth the £9.99 price (or £7.50 I paid using a GMG code), considering its length. It's probably a good idea to play it through a few times so you get to see each of the different levels too so the game does have some replayability there. Some of the levels are specific to the characters you choose at the beginning so you'll need to play each of them to see everything there is to see. It will be an extremely short experience for you otherwise, and unless you keep getting stuck or something. My first playthrough took less than 4 hours.
It's also very much an adventure game even though it takes on the appearance of a platformer, but whilst saying all of the above I can understand some of the criticism it has received and why it only has a metacritic of 70-73 across the 3 platforms. You can tell the game is by them due to the style of it and lines of dialogue and character stories etc but to say this is from one of the Godfathers of the adventure game genre you would expect more. Not saying it's crap or anything, certainly not. They're just capable of doing far better that's all, and have done many times. It won't be long before a lot of folk have forgotten about The Cave when some of this years other releases start to come out imo and it won't be one of the games they are remembered for either.
If this is on your list to play and you are a big fan of theirs (like Anny) just lower your expectations a little bit & don't expect it to match the greatness of some of the stuff Gilbert and/or DoubleFine have done before because it simply doesn't come close. All being said it's still a fun game and worth grabbing if you like those kinda games. I do think the metacritic score is a little harsh myself but I do believe what I said above and in a previous post comes into play with that, due to who developed it and what they have proved they are capable of in the past. This is the disappointing bit.

Also, following the beta weekend feedback the SimCity devs have already started making some great improvements to zoning. Check this out.
Much better eh? :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:56 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:Could always try taking camera pics? Not as good, but better than nothing.
I won't be uploading these to my minus profile or anything but for you guys ;)

Apologies for the picture quality, no lossless PC screenies this time I'm afraid. Best I can do with a camera lol.
These didn't come out too bad actually but they still don't do the game justice. Really does look gorgeous in person and you can tell it's Ghibli from the get go. Even running on a console it's a beautiful looking game.
Oh and the first picture there is the first glimpse you get of Ni No Kuni's world map. Remember the good days of FF when you could roam from location to location, explore, and have battles inbetween? Oh yeah. Those days are back! :D

Here's the Wizard's Companion you get with the sold out Wizard's Edition of the game too:
Oliver carries this around with him which you can read through the menu ingame too. This is a page for page (340 pages to be exact) hardcover physical copy of it. Not a strategy guide but covers everything from spells, familiars, a bestiary, full list of equipment, lore etc. Probably one of the nicest game collectibles I've seen tbh, no wonder it was so sought after heh. All translated into english for the western release too.

I'll try take some more pictures later on in the game and will ofc post my thoughts on the game itself once I'm far enough in :thumb:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:06 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
How's the story so far? Keeping in mind what we talked about my wanting :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:46 am

M.Steiner
Ok here goes. This took a bit of writing but it's a big game with a lot to talk about hehe. I have included a few more pics I took with my camera too!

Ok, the story. You're not going to find a deep & complex story here or one which is aimed particularly at mature adults like some RPGs either, plus the usual "boy saves world" is hardly something new for a JRPG either really. That being said do not be put off by any of that. Ni No Kuni does have a few original ideas to its plot and gameworld and when you consider everything the game has to offer, I would say it is a must play for PS3 owners.

I'll try not to spoil too much but:
You play as Oliver, a young kid from the town of Motorville who loses his Mum in the opening chapters of the game. During his moments of sadness, his tears cause his doll to come to life before his eyes. This is Mr. Drippy who is infact the Lord High Lord of the Fairies from another world (Ni No Kuni) parallel to Oliver's who was transformed into a doll and banished to Oliver's world by the Dark Djinn, Shadar.
One of the things that Drippy explains to Oliver is that everyone in the world is linked by a soul mate. If he can save his Mother's soul mate from Shadar in Ni No Kuni, then maybe he can bring her back to life in his world. (A little Fullmetal Alchemist perhaps?)
Drippy gives Oliver the Wizard's Companion which allows him to learn magic and travel to Ni No Kuni to save this other world and his Mum. - (You'll also travel back and forth between the two worlds to help other characters too)
Shadar is corrupting the other world by breaking the hearts of anyone who defies him, completely changing their personality depending on which "pieces" are stolen and leaves them unable to function normally. These pieces are elements which make up the heart. Qualities such as enthusiasm, kindness, courage, ambition etc. Throughout the game you'll come across other characters who are suffering from this "broken-heartedness" and after listening to their story it is up to Oliver to help them (or not).
You have access to two spells for this - Give & Take Heart. You will find many other characters who have an abundance of these qualities and you will use your "take heart" spell to skim a little bit of this enthusiasm for example, to share with the people who are in need of it. You store these virtues in your locket and can then use "give heart" to help one such person. These are one type of side-quest in Ni No Kuni so a lot of these are optional, though they do give rewards.

Speaking of rewards. In Ni No Kuni you have something called merit cards. Each time you complete a side-quest the quest giver will stamp your merit card(s) for you, as well as giving you gold and other goodies. Different quests give different amounts of stamps and you need 10 (iirc) stamps to fill a merit card. These completed cards can then be traded in for different kinds of rewards. The starter rewards offer things like increased running speed whilst out in the open world for example and can increase your chances to sneak up on an enemy, whilst later ones can increase your chance to tame familiars, increased HP/MP etc.
Really like this feature personally as even though I tend to be a completionist in games like this regardless, it does do a good job of promoting doing the side-quests and getting more out of the game.

As well as the broken-hearted quests I mention above there are other "errands" to take on as well. These aren't anything special really and the kind of side-quests you would naturally expect to see but they are still enjoyable, imo. One such quest chain is basically helping a fella out who keeps losing his bloody diary and swears it'll be the last time he does. I've met him twice already. I expect to see him again lol. For these errands you are usually told what it is you're supposed to be looking for and are told the general location or a clue as to where you're supposed to go but it does not mark their locations on the map for you. You have to find these yourself from what you've been told and/or consulting your Wizard's companion book for info which may help.
There are also bounty quests. These are marked on your map. Just have to kill them and then return for your reward. All of these side-quests give stamps plus gold, provisions/ingredients/weapons/food etc.

Familiars. These are creatures in the other world that are born from the hearts of living things. Later on in the story you gain the ability to tame & capture these creatures out in the world who are then held in your creature cage. There are tons of different species too, even rare ones, all with different tricks (skills) & stats. You use these familiars during battles and they offer a pretty great customizable experience.
When fighting they use your characters HP/MP but they level up during battles too which increases their stats (attack, defense, evade etc) and they get new tricks as they level up. When they reach a certain level you have the option to metamorphose them into a second, more stronger form which also changes their appearance. Their level will go back to 1 and their stats will go down a bit too but in a short time they'll be much stronger than they were before they evolved and will open up a second tier of new tricks to learn. It's up to you if & when you do this. If you morph them into a second form the minute this becomes available they may not have learnt all of their first form tricks yet (which would carry over) plus their stats wouldn't be as high as if you left them until they had. Different species have a different max level too. You may want to wait until your familiar has reached its max level before you morph them, that way they will have learnt all of their first form tricks and will have much higher stats. Even though their stats don't stay when they change forms, the higher the stats were before they morphed determines the new ones I believe. There are 3 forms iirc but I am only on my second with one of my main familiars atm.
You also have the option to feed your familiars in the creature cage with treats to give you even greater control. These will further boost their stats, though only up to a certain amount. Want to increase their magical attack power a few points? Go right ahead. The creature cage itself can also hold up to 400 familiars so you can catch as many as you like/are able to.

Treats can drop as loot, be received as rewards, bought or even me made by yourself.
The latter is through the use of alchemy and the cauldron where you can craft a ton of provisions, treats and lots of equipment too. Recipes for which can be referred to in your handy Wizard's Companion. Really quite nice having the physical book by my side to keep flicking through!

It's also worth mentioning the familiars are aligned with different signs. Sun, Star, Moon etc which also affect their use in battle. A "sun" familiar would do better against a "moon" creature, moon > stars, stars > sun.
Combat is a mix between turn-based and real-time. You'll start off with just 1 party member which is Oliver, obviously, and you can use him for attacking with his wand and his own set of magic skills along with your first familiar. Each character can have 3 familiars assigned to them in battle but you can only control one at a time. In combat you'll take your turn and can move around freely (can dodge some hits doing this) and then you'll hit a short cooldown phase for a few seconds until you can hit another command. When using a familiar they also have a stamina gauge on top of this. This decreases as you're using them until it hits zero and you need to switch back to Oliver or one of your other 2 familiars or party members to let him/her have a little rest, which doesn't take too long really.
Enemies will also drop "glims" during battles, these are little magical orbs which have different effects. Green ones will restore a bit of HP to the party member who picks them up, blue for MP or golden ones which let you use a special ability. Similar to Limit Breaks.
The battle system does take a bit of getting used to and there are a couple of times when the difficulty of a new area suddenly spikes up and (at times) becomes pretty darn challenging. At least early on before you've leveled some of your familiars up and become more dependent on them. The AI of the creatures can be a little annoying at times too I will admit, sometimes when I'm using Griffy for example he'll have trouble getting around the other creatures to attack the one I've told him to target. Provisions seem a bit expensive at first too, like iced coffee costs like 200g to buy but only restores 10 MP. However I have just opened up the Alchemy system which is very beneficial. - There's a lot that goes into it though, can even counter some enemy attacks of you manage to time your attacks well enough. All being said it's still a lot of fun once you get the hang of it and you have a lot of options available to you as to what familiars you want to use and level up etc.
Also forgot to mention the death system & saves. Out on the world map and within towns & shops you can save your game whenever you want. In dungeons however there's usually a save point near the beginning and then near the end and you can't save inbetween. If you die you can either click continue which will plonk you back where you were before you died, at the expense of 10% of your gold. Or you can go back to the title screen and reload your previous save.

Enemies can be seen out in the world too rather than being random encounters. If you want to avoid them you often can, if there's enough room to get past them and they don't run faster than you. Enemies respawn quite quick too which is handy if you're a grinder or if you're trying to catch a familiar. If you go around the corner in a dungeon and come back a few seconds later for example the creature will have respawned. I found this a little annoying in the first dungeon you come across but there was a spike in battle difficulty at the same time which I was not expecting lol.

The game does start off quite slowly too and there's a lot of hand-holding for a good portion in the beginning but this game rewards patience. Some of the systems you'll already be familiar with and know what they do but there's still quite a bit to take in so it's good that it breaks you in slowly and gives you it a piece at a time. Though can be sometimes explain the simplest of things to you which ofc would be aimed more at the younger audience and newcomers to the genre.

The character designs, sets, locations & animation are all beautifully done. Whilst there haven't been as many proper anime cutscenes as I would have liked, when I say this I mean the Ghibli animated cutscenes rather than the ones rendered in-game, and there has been more text-based dialogue than I was expecting. The game is an absolute treat to look at and listen to, since the soundtrack has been fantastic too (Joe Hisaishi is behind this who did the music for classic Ghibli movies such as Nausicaa, Laputa, Princess Mononoke etc just to name a few). The whole thing is like walking through a Studio Ghibli movie. <censored> glorious.
The text based dialogue may bother some people I suppose, and part of me wishes everything was voiced-over just so I can appreciate that part of it more but at the same time it reminds me of the good days of JRPGs when that's all there ever was.
As already said in previous posts too. The western release of Ni No Kuni is kinda special for these voice-overs. Ofc it comes with an English dub as you would expect but the original Japanese voice track comes on our disc as standard too. Something all JRPGs should include imo yet hardly ever do from my experience. Ty Level-5!

There's so much stuff to mention heh....
Everything you would expect from a JRPG is here though plus lots more as mentioned above. Towns & Shops, big old-school world map (I've just got a boat to travel about in too!), dungeons, side-quests, crafting, collectibles...
The couple of dungeons I've been in have been pretty linear, like only a couple of paths but still room to explore a little but that being said the entirety of FFXIII was like this and that didn't have towns n stuff either lol.

Final notes: Whilst the story of Ni No Kuni hasn't been anything groundbreaking from what I have seen of it so far it's got a lot of heart and is still quite charming all the same. Plus there's lots of world mythology & tales n stuff packed in the Wizard's Companion for you to read too. This is a feature in-game and always at your finger tips, you don't need to have the hardcover copy of it that came with the Wizard's Edition. Though this really has added a lot to the experience for me.
On the whole it's a beautifully crafted game with lots of content to offer (I have heard it even has post-game quests too. Though I have not done any digging on this so as not to spoil the story for myself) and should offer many, many hours of fun. Unless something bitterly disappoints me or turns me off before I finish this I will say now - When you consider the full package, I'd go as far as saying Ni No Kuni is one of the best JRPGs I have played in the last 10 years.
So. If you're a fan of the genre and you own a PS3 you owe it to yourself to get a copy of this, even more so if you're also a fan of anime or Studio Ghibli themselves like myself too. Then again even if you're not and you just appreciate great games it's easily accessible for a newcomer to the genre as well. Maybe you'll agree with me, maybe you won't, but you've seen the reviews, you've seen what I have to say too, do yourself and me a favour and at least try it and judge for yourself. It's beautiful, charming, adorable, funny and it's a return to the old-school which will no doubt leave you feeling nostalgic like it has me. Regardless of it being on a crappy console system and not on the PC platform too (where I could have taken lots of great quality pics...) it has been well worth the wait and I hope we see more collaborations from Level-5 and Studio Ghibli in the future. The Wizard's Edition of the game has completely sold out already and mostly just on pre-orders alone and over here in the UK stores like GAME, Amazon, Zavvi, Play & Shopto have also sold out of the standard edition too which is a rare sight these days for any game. Though they'll have more copies of the latter on the way ofc it does seem to be selling rather well especially for a JRPG. Perhaps a sequel will be on the cards if so?. Guess we'll have to wait and see! [Edit: It has just dethroned Black Ops 2 and taken the top spot on the all-format UK chart ^^]

and on that note I shall return to playing a little bit more before I head to bed!

Ta for reading :p

On an unrelated note. I'm glad I didn't pre-purchase the Omerta game from GMG when I was considering it a few weeks back. Sounds pretty crap and a huge letdown after reading both Dtoid's review (5/10) and GameInformer's (6/10).
May still give it a try when the price comes down but that won't be for a while.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:47 am

SL33PY
last of us delayed until june 14th

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:01 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SL33PY wrote:last of us delayed until june 14th
This is sad news :(

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:26 pm

M.Steiner
Damn. Why is it my most anticipated titles keep getting pushed back? First it's GTAV and now this lol :shake:
Still lots of other games on the horizon I guess but this is one I wanted to get my hands on sooner hehe.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:11 pm

M.Steiner
Not a new game release but newly released on digital distribution site, gog.com the other day: System Shock 2
Most of you probably already know this already but just a quick plug for those of you who weren't aware. I bought it on friday too and just completed it earlier today for the very first time. Every bit as amazing as some of you guys claimed it to be and one of the best FPS games I have played tbh. Awesome story and main antagonist for starters but incredibly atmospheric and genuinely quite intense and creepy. The last game which made me jump and feel like that was probably Amnesia, and before that I'm not even sure off the top of my head without going back to the early days of Silent Hill. I modded it up fully (besides the dynamic sky mod which I couldn't get to work for some reason) but it holds up extremely well for today even vanilla, and that's from someone who often has trouble playing older games unless I already played them originally.

I said so on IRC whilst I was playing but for me it was like a heavy mix of Neocron meets Dead Space, and yes, some of Bioshock too. Having never played the game before I was really surprised to see so many similarities to NC in there, in terms of features and design. It never occured to me that NC had "borrowed" stuff like that and expanded upon them. Within the first minute I came across a gravshaft, pretty much identical to the gravlifts that appear in NC, and from then on I just started listing them off in my head; similar skills and skill window, PSI powers, boosters, the inventory system, research with chemicals, the targetting box, bottles of booze n shit you find scattered around in boxes etc.. Not a bad thing or anything and seeing some of those similarities didn't make me think any less of NC, just opened my eyes a bit to one of its clear influences. A great one at that.
Dead Space for its atmosphere and setting too but SS2 was better than either of those (haven't played DS3 yet). The tape recordings added a lot to the experience too I'll add, which obviously became a big thing for Bioshock as well and were one of the features I loved most from that.

The ultimate FPS, ever? Not quite but I'd still say it's one of the best FPS I've ever played for sure. The Half-Life series still holds that for me but then it has for a very, very long time hehe.

Quite a few of you had recommended this (and in the past too) so thanks for that. Was most definitely worth my time, even though I came to it all these years later. If like me you've never played it before go and grab yourself a copy from GOG. Only $9.99 and worth every penny. Comes with artworks, soundtrack etc too! :thumb:

and this great quality 1080p SHODAN wallpaper (click to enlarge)

How can it end like that when there's no SS3 for me to go and play already?!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:40 am

M.Steiner
For those of you who weren't around to see this live during the PS4 gig tonight:
;)

They had an awesome new Watch Dogs demo. Best of show once again.
and here with commentary too.

Enjoy! ;D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:19 am

Stracius
M.Steiner wrote:SS2
If you liked that then you might want to consider checking out the Mods that have since been developed (and are *still* being actively developed) for it. Texture packs, models, high res support, and sound to name a few.

http://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=8.0 for Rebirth, if you were to only pick 1 mod to install.

http://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=22.0 : SHTUP (Shock Texture Update Project) is a good second.

There are a good deal many others, but it's been a while so I'm not up to date on what's what.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:41 pm

SL33PY
watchdog is confirmed as a ps4 game!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:41 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Glad you enjoyed SS2 mate. Actually one of those few games that I always wondered how you hadn't played, as I always felt it fit really well with your tastes. Really glad that turned out to be the case and it clicked with you! To this day SHODAN remains one of my favourite antagonists.

Now you understand how much the FPS genre has stagnated and/or gone backwards since its release ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:14 am

Kon
Anyone going to grab Heart of the Swarm? I haven't heard much out of our SC2 fans here for a long time.

Bioshock Infinite is coming up here in about a month. Any preorders here?
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:57 am

M.Steiner
No real interest for the StarCraft expansion myself but I have Bioshock Infinite pre-ordered, yep. I should have my copy of Crysis 3 this weekend too but Infinite & SimCity are my next two most anticipated titles. Most excited :D
If you're not going for a physical copy and looking at ordering Infinite dude, or anyone else for that matter, GMG & Steam have some sweet deals going atm:
GMG are selling it for £23.99 with a free copy of the original Bioshock. Not only that, you then have a choice between either Bioshock 2, Mafia II, Civilization V, The Darkness II or Spec Ops as a second free game.
See this page for that deal. Offer will end at 5pm GMT on Monday.

Alternatively you can pre-purchase on steam itself for £29.99 and receive the free copy of Bioshock too and if/when enough people have pre-purchased it 2 more rewards will unlock as well. The second being a bunch of items in TF2 and the third being a free copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown. You can find that offer here.

(The Industrial Revolution minigame comes with all pre-orders and the game is a steamworks title too so it'll come with a steam key regardless of where you buy it from)

Both pretty great deals :thumb:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:24 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Kahn wrote:Anyone going to grab Heart of the Swarm? I haven't heard much out of our SC2 fans here for a long time.
Yep, I'll be getting HOTS. Might even play a little of its MP for a while when the time comes.

I still follow the SC2 scene, but haven't really watched much in a while. HOTS might change that, but we'll see.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:51 pm

M.Steiner
Well, Crysis 3 won't be winning any GOTY awards but it was very pretty to look at at least. Shame that was the best part of it..

Screenies: Brutal Legend out on PC tomorrow. Didn't think I'd be able to fit it in before Tomb Raider & SimCity but should still have plenty of time I think, I remember it being very short. Plus I doubt I'll be touching multiplayer as the RTS sections were the worst part of the game. Anyway, I haven't played it since it was first released in 2009 so I'm quite looking forward to replaying it on PC. Will take some pics of these improved visuals tomorrow!
Anyone else bought it besides Strac?. Or will be playing it for the first time?. Got my key from GG now so I have it installed and ready to go :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:06 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I haven't bought it yet. Need to go to town and pick up some Steam credit :)

Will definately be getting it this weekend though. The game was sheer perfection - can't wait to replay.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:40 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:The game was sheer perfection
I wouldn't go that far but it was great, yep :D

Checkout the PC version:

Looking fineeee!
Even better than I was expecting actually ^^

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:54 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Those pics look awesome :D

Also, how dare you besmirch the good name of Tim's games? ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:34 pm

SL33PY
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag announcement!!!

Arrr we be pirates now :)

more info on kotaku

More info to be revealed on the 4th of March;, which is NEXT MONDAY!!

Where do I throw my money, I want!

also, apparently the main character is the father of Haytam!

Says so here

Return to “General Discussions”