Portal 2

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Portal 2

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:08 pm

NF
Arbiter
Not sure if any one else has checked it out yet but Portal 2 now has a level editor and there are some great maps coming out of the community.

Editor is unbelievably easy to use and produce some challenging puzzles. I've put together a few has anyone else made any I can have a crack at?
NF

Re: Portal 2

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:46 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I saw that it had released, but have not had a chance to take a look yet.

Just taken a look at the maps you linked. Unfortunately, as the DRM that is Steam will not touch my system whilst I retain control over it, I can't try them myself. They look pretty detailed though, which is amazing considering the level editor is only a few days old at most.

Good job :thumb:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:30 pm

M.Steiner
I was aware that this was coming out but haven't taken a look myself just yet.
I uninstalled the game once I was done playing it so I'll stick it on to download again one night or this weekend. These community maps will significantly add to the replayability of an already fantastic game which is great, will be fun to see what puzzles people have come up with. I'll make sure to check yours out when I do, NF! :)

Couple of questions btw, dumb ones perhaps lol. I'm guessing steam automatically updates the game to add the level editor to Portal2's main menu? Don't have to download & run that separately right?. And the community maps are downloaded from within the game too I guess?
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:41 pm

NF
Arbiter
The editor is automatically packed in to the main programme and accessible through the main menu in game. You get the maps by browsing them in the main steam programme and simply subscribe to any that you want to play and they appear in game.

For the moment its single player only maps so fingers crossed Valve add in co-op support soon as well.
NF

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:50 am

M.Steiner
Lovely.
Just looking through the workshop and there looks to be absolutely tons of creations already heh, looking forward to checking some out ^^

Also if there's anyone here who doesn't already own a copy of Portal 2 - http://store.steampowered.com/app/620/
Only £5.09 for the next 22hrs ;)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:28 am

winbrian
I was playing around with the editor this afternoon. I can say that its pretty easy to use.
Wish it can go bigger and have different kinds of wall textures and what not.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:38 pm

Ozone
M.Steiner wrote:Only £5.09 for the next 22hrs ;)
Thanks for the heads up ($6.50 US btw).
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

Return to “General Discussions”