Avengers

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Avengers

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:03 pm

Ozone
As a former comic geek I loved it. It stayed true to the characters and tone of the comics, but, then again, it was done by Joss Whedon.

Starts with the gathering of the heros, including a few scraps between them*, then as Earth is threatened they come together. Bit of a lull in the mid film, but the last 45 minutes was, imho, the best 45 minutes of geek action ever put on film.

So yeah, pure comic silliness and action on a massive scale. As Sprite hasn't seen it and has interest, think I may just go see it again.

Notes here which contains a mild spoiler...
Early on in the film Stark (Iron Man) and Thor get int a scrap with Cap America jumping in. Loved it as it was what I would expect to see with superheros duking it out, that is, the punch up pretty much destroys a forest.

Also some great bits with the Hulk. One part of the film Cap looks at Hulk and states, 'Hulk, smash'. For the next minute Hulk goes overboard on carnage. Possibly one of the best scenes in the film.
Also, if seeing it, be aware there are 2 clips post film. One is mid credits, where there seems to be a setup for Avengers 2, one is after the credits (and theres a lot of em) finish rolling.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

Re: Avengers

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:32 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Not seen it yet, but if it's Whedon it's pretty much assured to be great :)

Might give it a look - admittedly it had not been on my radar until now. Hopefully in the meantime he'll get on with a Dr Horrible sequel ;)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: Avengers

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:29 pm

Lee
indeed, was both geeky but realy quite fun. not sure if my pesemistic view made me appreciate it more...

also, best moment i have seen in a film for a long time..
loki: bah, yoo humans are lame - Ima GOD init
Hulk: smash
unexpected brilliance
Eeks.

Return to “General Discussions”