Portal 1 for free

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Portal 1 for free

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:39 pm

Isileth
Just throwing this out there for anyone who may be interested but Portal is free to download until the 20th.
I am not sure if its just free to play till then or free to download and keep if you do so within the time. I already own it on steam so I dont think I can check. From what I can see however it is just a straight up free copy so jump on board if you dont have it!

http://www.learningwithportals.com/

*update*

Indications seem to be that it is indeed free, just make sure you get it before the 20th when the offer runs out.

Re: Portal 1 for free

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:46 pm

Plovske
Thanks for the heads up! it works!
enjoy!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:41 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I already have it, but that's a pretty great offer. One of the most definitive games of the last few years - definately something anyone who hasn't already experienced it should take advantage of.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:12 pm

Slacker
Definitely a game worth getting. It was my first 360 game I completed. :D

What's more shocking is that I decided to download it on the laptop I use here upstairs. :eek:

I may never really bother with it, but it is there. It required me to create a Steam account, never had that before. I decided to use the same name as the 360 & PS3.... SlackerTD.
<SSX-Anubis> Did you see the E3 trailer for Hot Pursuit btw?
<SSX-Anubis> That even has me a little tempted

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:13 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Slacker wrote:I may never really bother with it, but it is there. It required me to create a Steam account, never had that before. I decided to use the same name as the 360 & PS3.... SlackerTD.
If you insist on using the Steam DRM service you should join the SSX group there ;)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:16 am

Slacker
Anubis wrote:
Slacker wrote:I may never really bother with it, but it is there. It required me to create a Steam account, never had that before. I decided to use the same name as the 360 & PS3.... SlackerTD.
If you insist on using the Steam DRM service you should join the SSX group there ;)
Well.... I tried the game, but the machine itself isn't that good. Gaming is only worth doing on a real PC of course (which I can't be arsed to game on much anymore, plus I don't bother with Windows on it). I'll just keep the account for when I decide to get Portal 2 on the PS3. The DRM doesn't matter to me one way or the other. If the game works, I don't really care.
<SSX-Anubis> Did you see the E3 trailer for Hot Pursuit btw?
<SSX-Anubis> That even has me a little tempted

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:33 am

M.Steiner
Slacker wrote:It required me to create a Steam account, never had that before.
Yep. Some PC games these days are what you call steamworks titles. With these the steam client is integrated into the games themselves and handles achievements, stats, matchmaking and their way of delivery content & things like that so a steam account is required to play em. It's also a Valve game so it's an obvious choice for them to make it require their service like Half-Life & Team Fortress do.
Fallout New Vegas, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Metro 2033, Mafia II, Dead Island and of course Portal 2 require steam too just to name a few. There is no "legit" way to play them without it. Forgive Anny btw, Steam is a non-issue for most of us here lol :p :D
(Apologies if you knew all that btw. I know you're not a PC gamer and seemed surprised so.... :))

Back to the OP though, definitely a game worth grabbing if you don't already own it. :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Return to “General Discussions”