SWTOR 5th April London Event

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

SWTOR 5th April London Event

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:38 pm

Scorpius
Huzzah I've got a golden ticket as it where to go and try out SWTOR for an hour. Now I just need to get to London. I'll be at the 7pm showing so if anyone else has an invite let me know and we can meet up. :D
Power Corrupts, Ultimate Power is Fun.

Re: SWTOR 5th April London Event

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:38 pm

M.Steiner
Nice one, lucky you :D
When I saw the announcement for it yesterday the invites were already long gone ^^

Enjoy yourself and anyone else that happens to be attending!
This time next week you'll be dying for more ;)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:34 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Only read about it today I am afraid, so no invite for me :(

Hope yuo have a great time though Scorp - and make sure you post impressions if you can :D
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:53 pm

Ash
Nice one Scorpy,

So which Origin world are you going to try to get (your preference)?

And as Anny says post your impressions.

:thumb:
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:58 pm

M.Steiner
Should be able to going by this;
*Can I talk about this event on the internet??
Absolutely! Tweet, post, blog, podcast - whatever you like.

*Can I film the event?
You may film the event itself, but you may not film the game screens.
Just game testers that have to keep mouths shut. :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:58 am

Scorpius
Going to try for Sith Warrior but if not I'll go for any empire class and of course I'll post about my experiences. :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:44 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:14 am

Stracius
Pic 1 looks like a WoW character, pic 4 looks like nicholas cage with a goatee.

And.. the wookie version is just disturbing.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:53 pm

M.Steiner
Stracius wrote:pic 4 looks like nicholas cage with a goatee.
:lol: It really does too lol.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:33 am

SSX-Andy
Stracius wrote:Pic 1 looks like a WoW character, pic 4 looks like nicholas cage with a goatee.
Gaah, did they have to chose the worst actor in hollywood.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:00 am

Ash
Okay Scorpy time to spill the beans!!
Ash

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:54 pm

Scorpius
What I just posted on the main forum feel free with zee questions.
Did'nt get back from London and the event until past Midnight and my job does not allow me access to the internet us construction workers for some reason don't need it.

So I played as the Sith warrior and had quite possibly the most enjoyable time in any MMORPG I've played to date and I've played alot.
Combat I found to be on the most part fluid and smooth apart from the infrequent lag spikes, I found that at lvl 3 the combination of force jump and then Force Smash ( May have the names wrong here ) was excellent for dealing with groups of 2 or more mobs the Sith warrior also started off with a single lightsaber form which buffed defense and damage and an party endurance buff, think fortitude spell from WoW and you've hit the nail on the head.
There was thankfully no go to a 'insert name here' tomb and kill 10 kor slugs missions, the missions you got where well scripted and actually made sense in a Sith kind of way to do.
After I completed my first Overseer based mission which was collect the Warblade I earned my first title and was able to access it on my drop down menu on the character sheet I'm not sure if any off the other lads/lass noticed that or if it displayed on top of my toon to any of the other players. The title was Acolyte btw.
Daniel came over to me and one of the other guys whilst we where on near enough the same mission which was torturing the prisoners.............erm did I say torture no no we don't do that here I was merely questioning them after reading them there rights of course.
Daniel explained a rather important fact about the conversation wheel and the dark/lightside point's decisions. Now if you choose your answers by using your mouse pointer in the wheel you will see if you'll earn Dark, light or no points by little icons showing in your wheel.
However just press the corresponding number button on your keyboard and you'll not have any warning whatsoever just Bam you just earned some points.
Graphic wise they are good if that was a medium setting I can't wait to see the higher settings there was some really minor glitches on my character right at the start but after that I noticed nothing. One thing that struck me as slightly odd was the slightly fat hands but that may have been the character body model.
Well I'll do more later and try and answer any questions but I'm a little bit knackered after about 4 hours sleep then a full working day.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:07 pm

Ash
I'll try to avoid the obvious questions.

1. How did you feel the Voice Over Approach worked?
Did you feel more engaged with the NPCs or was it just fluff?

2. How did you find the music, intrusive, hardly noticed it, added to the experience?
And was it John Williamsish enough?

3. Did you push through the content or take your time and try to experience it?

4. Die much?

Ash

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:21 pm

Scorpius
Ash wrote:I'll try to avoid the obvious questions.

1. How did you feel the Voice Over Approach worked?
Did you feel more engaged with the NPCs or was it just fluff?
Nope it really added to the game it was like something clicked in my head when I realised this sort of thing was missing from all the other MMO's it felt to me anyways that I actually wanted to do these quests rather than do them for the xp and move on. I wanted to do it to experience the story.

2. How did you find the music, intrusive, hardly noticed it, added to the experience?
And was it John Williamsish enough?
Music was just right to be honest I hardly noticed it I was that into the game.
3. Did you push through the content or take your time and try to experience it?
I dinged lvl 5 just as they shout time's up :) I failed to complete the one beginning quest which you pick up in the first tomb as I could'nt be arsed trying to find the 3 artifacts. Tbh was not sure whether they where drops or you picked them up.

4. Die much? Yes to that many headed hydra called Lag. So I died three times tho the last time I wanted to die as it was a faster way for me to return to hand in a quest. :cool:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:28 pm

Scorpius
As an aside think on this if WoW is the cocaine of the MMO world then SWTOR has the potential to be the Crack of the MMO world I think it's that damn good.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:47 pm

M.Steiner
Glad you enjoyed yourself Scorp!.
Good to see you were impressed by what you saw even if it was only an hour session. When you've played and tested lots of other MMO's over the years that speaks volumes imo. So happy that BioWare seem to be getting lots of positive feedback from these public play tests/PAX, I can't wait to see what the release build is like ^^
Will leave the questions to the others ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:40 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Really glad you had such a good time Scorp, and that the game gave you such a positive impression :)

Not many questions from me, as between your initial comments and Ash's questions you've answered most of the things I was curious about. I do have one query though - what kind of game did it feel like? What I mean is...did it feel like an MMO, within the constraints and boundaries of the MMO as a genre, or did it feel like an RPG (or, indeed, something else)?

What with BioWare's stated aims for the project, and their reputation as RPG makers, it's something I've been wondering about for a while. Something that for me could potentially significantly increase or decrease my enjoyment. What actually is it - an RPG that happens to have multiplayer, or an MMO and all that entails?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:46 pm

Scorpius
Well Imagine WoW and Mass Effect getting together and having a child with all the best bits from each and a few unique traits. Thats how it felt for me. It's putting the RPG back into MMORPG.

Return to “General Discussions”