My first official game review ever is now online :)

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

My first official game review ever is now online :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:39 pm

SL33PY

Re: My first official game review ever is now online :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:20 pm

Slacker
Congrats . :D

I thought I recognized the name (especially after I saw it posted on Facebook in the SSX group). I had downloaded the beta of that (I'm a PS+ member) & was going to take an interest in it. The interest disappeared fairly quick when I found out there was a monthly fee for it. I don't want to commit that much time to a game to get my money's worth... too many other games out there (like racing games, gotta play most all of them). :cool:
<SSX-Anubis> Did you see the E3 trailer for Hot Pursuit btw?
<SSX-Anubis> That even has me a little tempted

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:27 pm

M.Steiner
Grats!. Will have to look out for some more of your reviews (games that are available on PC too anyway) ;)

Never properly looked into DCUO as I've never really been big on superhero games or movies tbh, besides Arkham Asylum & Nolan's Batman movies that is. Whilst It could potentially be fun to play every now and then it's not something I'd want to subscribe to, can't imagine I'd find it immersive or particularly exciting for that reason. I tend to invest a lot of time in MMOs when I play them too, least I did when I was last subscribed to one heh. Don't think this game has enough progression or variety to keep me entertained for a long time either by the sounds of it. Need goals to aim for, a decent crafting system, world story/pvp events, stuff like that to keep things interesting and get your moneys worth. I could see someone like me getting burned out very quickly. - The next MMO I'll gladly be paying for will be TOR. Roll on September :)
Those patches are massive too oO. Like downloading the client lol.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:11 pm

SL33PY
DCUO is also on pc actually and it's worse on pc as on ps3 since the control scheme is designed for gamepads

Reviewing pc games would be nice, but then I wouldn't be getting the games from ps3blog.net ... hint :p

Who knows, maybe someone on my twitter notices and sends me review copies :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:07 pm

M.Steiner
Or even better - to your steam account. Should get to keep em then lol ;D
(Also when I say PC I mean multi-platform rather. Games that are on PC as well as PS3, even if your reviews are of the PS3 version ;))

Hopefully you'll get a review copy of L.A. Noire nearer the time. That game looks hot ^^
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:35 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Grats SL33PY :) I had a read of the review at lunch today, and it reads well. Hopefully this will be the first of many?
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:07 pm

SL33PY
I hope so, I'll keep my eyes open for offers :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:44 pm

Ozone
Nice, down to Earth review. Grats.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

Return to “General Discussions”