Dead Island

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Dead Island

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:00 pm

Cyphon88
http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/02/16/dea ... nt-trailer

If the trailer is anything to go by, this could be one to watch.

Re: Dead Island

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:10 pm

M.Steiner
I hadn't heard of this game before until Mech linked it on IRC actually but thought this trailer was amazing. Incredibly well done. Infact I'd go as far as saying it's probably one of the best game trailers I've seen.
Will wait and see what the actual gameplay and story look & sound like first but going by the trailer I was very impressed. When I think zombie game I think pointless shooter with no substance. Going by the feelings this trailer gives suggests this game will be different though, really hope so.

Also for any fans here, did this remind anyone else of LOST?. The very first shots with the eye closeup - zooming out, the way it plays out in slow motion and the music score throughout it has Lost written all over it. I was an addict for years, I should know :p
If you liked the show and watched enough of it rewatch the trailer if you hadn't made that connection too, I'm sure you'll agree 100%. ;)

HD Version: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/cinem ... and/710652

(edit: haha, look what I found. Version of the trailer put to a piece of Michael Giacchino's wonderful music from Lost. Even Damon Lindelof tweeted to the original lol :D)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:51 pm

Whizbang
I think what has me most excited about the game is that it is supposed to be a sandbox game so there should, theoretically, be no boundaries or "rails" that force you to stay on a specific track. But as MS said, I'll wait till there's more reported on this. But the trailer is one of the best I've seen in a very long time. As MS stated, very LOST-ish in its take and filming.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:07 pm

M.Steiner
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:49 pm

Whizbang
Interesting article there on the game. Now my interest is piqued even further. I like the blend of games that they're attempting to create and that there are possibilities beyond what seems to be typical choice A, B, C solution/scenarios found in a lot of today's games. Love the screenshots of the game too. Now I know I need to get a new machine to enjoy the graphics of the new games. :)
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:52 pm

Ozone
Wow.
Oh, and that should be said as Christopher Walken would say it.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

Return to “General Discussions”